According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Media Manager positions are at a 10% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 316,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 31,800 to 348,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Media Manager jobs was $141,490 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $74,620, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Media Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top media manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your media manager experience section
Media manager experience section checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
To illustrate it more clearly, we’ve collected some of the best experience section examples from real Media Manager resumes. Check them out below!
- Social media coordination, content strategy and creation
- Coordinate photo shoots for Instagram and Facebook purpose
- Increased Instagram and Fb followers in +3k circa over the past two months with regular posts and by daily interaction with followers
- Creative consultancy regarding staff's uniform, restaurant's playlists and general Italian culture, like a food research trip design to Italy for the chefs
- Managed Sportsbet's $40M+ annual above the line media budget and be the Senior day to day media agency contact
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships in a collaborative and transparent manner
- Delivered long term media partnerships as well as campaign strategies that helped propel business growth
- Provided support to the GM of Media and CMO
- Identify and negotiate key strategic media platform opportunities across major and/or seasonal sporting codes, as well finding innovative platforms to extend the reach of the Sportsbet brand
- Personally demonstrate and build a team environment that drives the companies purpose of 'Adding Excite to Life' via incorporating the values of Curious, Collaborative, Competitive, Fair and Fun.
- Account Management with Direct and Agency clients ( Print and Digital platforms)
- Attain monthly and quarterly targets
- Developing and nurturing lasting relationships with existing and new clients
- Actively identify and pursue new advertising client accounts and opportunities
- Selling and providing Advertising solutions to clients
- Managing Client campaigns
- Delivering Quartely KPI's
- Continual analysis and evaluation of current business, in order to grow and maximize revenue
- Maximize revenue inflows
- • Delivering presentations to executive level committees
- Increased incoming quality by 40% in 8 months by engaging in LinkedIn and Facebook groups
- Used Buffer and Zapier to automate around 60% of the day-to-day social media posting while not sacrificing quality
- Learned Photoshop to create custom banners and other images for use in campaigns, resulting in a 15% boost in engagement
- Grew organic blog traffic by 230% in 5 months after fully revamping SEO content publishing pipeline
- Grew social media engagement on Twitter and TikTok by an average of 100% within the first 3 months
- Used Buffer, Zapier, and Trello to automate around 60% of the day-to-day social media posting while not sacrificing quality.
- Created social media accounts for 3 established businesses
- Marketing: managed content for the company's social media, improved web traffic by 10% and increased end-user conversion rate
- Maintain a social calendar
- Manage day to day deployment of content (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter and Pinterest)
- Monitor and forecast current digital trends for relevant content creation
- Increased incoming quality B2C leads by 48% in 4 months by engaging Instagram and Twitter
- Used Buffer and Trello to automate around 50% of the day-to-day social media posting while not sacrificing quality
- Define/implement social strategies that influence culture to increase brand/storefront awareness
- Scheduling consumer events around product release for lead generation
- Increased incoming quality B2C leads by 18% in 2 months by creating original dark posts
- A unique opportunity to work with an iconic fashion brand looking to target Gen-z across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Built out the target audience and managed the social campaign in August of 2018 to align with the release of Travis Scott & YG albums, selecting images and writing copy for the campaign (6 variations)
- The campaign outperformed all social benchmarks and drove higher CTR than all social campaigns in 2017 by 32%
- Maintaining all social channels and establishing a social calendar
- Used Buffer and Trello to automate around 65% of the day-today posting
- Created dark posts through Facebook Ad Network as well as Google Adsense
- Boosted organic paid to the target audience to drive social engagement as well as reach for posts
- Curate owned assets, stock images, copy and user-generated content
- Lead a team of 8 through all phases of development and implementation on projects
- Edit user-end experience notes for mobile application platforms to ensure seamless experience
- Wrote original copy to distribute on social media channels as well as blog platforms.
- Develop original copy to pair with visual content to resonate with A-18-34 audience
- Social channels including but not limited to posts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & Snapchat
- Leverage organic UGC content to establish an emotional connection with consumers and deliver copy that resonates with the audience
- Successfully generate over $4.5MM in sales (Northeast) in 2016 using mostly UGC to create leads
- Highlight the unique experience and value proposition with original visual content
- Identify key moments and white space opportunities that allow marketing the ability to discover consumers in the market for motor vehicles
- Develop social calendar for posting(s)
- Manage day-to-day deployment of copy and visual content (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter and Pinterest)
- Grew audience from 0 - 250k + following
- Monitor and forecast current digital trends for relevant content creation
- Increased incoming quality B2C leads by 50% in 4 months with (Instagram + Twitter) content
- Utilized Buffer to schedule posts, and Trello to keep management team informed with social strategy
- Partnered with social media influencers and coordinated Photoshoots as well as events to create synergy between both audiences
- Increase incoming quality B2C leads by 18% in 2 months with original dark posts
- Partner with Travis Scott and develop social media strategy in unison with upcoming album release
- Selected images from photoshoots and developing the copy to go with each posting
- The Campaign outperformed all social benchmarks and achieved 32% > CTR than all social campaigns in 2017
- Responding to consumers online and establishing a social calendar
- Utilize Buffer to automate 65% of the day-to-day posting
- Utilize Facebook Ad Network as well as Google Adsense for paid social
- Boosted organic paid target audience to drive social engagement
- Curate owned assets and stock images with photographers and designers
- Develop copy for social media as well as blogs and websites
- Lead team of 8 through all phases of development including user experience, user interface (mobile applications), social media strategy
- Develop press releases for media outlets, TV and Newspaper
- Increase incoming quality B2C leads by 18% in 2 months with dark post campaigns
- Manage social channels
- Develop SEO strategy for the months of august as well as September to increase user engagement
- Collaborate with Travis Scott management team to develop social media strategy in unison with upcoming album release
- Select images from photoshoots and develop copy to pair with each piece of content to resonate with managements vison
- Work cross functionally with marketing, digital and analytical teams
- Increase CTR > 17% for the month of august
- Successfully spearheaded campaigns on social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Manage social media planning for execution of marketingstrategies and community management.
- Assisted the marketing team with developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Implement marketing and promotion tactics that led to growth in total social media shares and increase in website traffic from social media posts.
- Maintained strong social media and brand presence acrossTwitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
- Developed online marketing campaigns, effectively increasing followers by 1,400+ and driving brand awareness.
- Utilized social media analytics tools to track consumer engagement and draw conclusions about user data.
- Organising weekly Community events online and maintaining our company CS:GO server
- Editing uFrag Montage
- Interacting with sponsors and liaising with potential new teams
- Advertising uFrag on Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch
- Updating followers on team games and results from tournaments
- Photographing our eSports teams at LAN events
- Post management, caption and hashtags on Instagram and Facebook
- Creating story highlights which increased 17% audience in just 2 weeks
- Performance to-date with post engagement leading to 48% increase in followers and 73% and 56% overall viewers on Instagram and Facebook respectively
- Increased social media engagement significantly by increasing Instagram followers 200%, and regularly engaging with followers
- Ensured consistency in content and tone to optimize social media accounts
- Maintained company's social media presence by posting messages, answering posts and monitoring responses
Include quantitative data throughout your Media Manager resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your media manager resume
The Best Way to Write Your Media Manager Resume’s Skills Section
Media manager resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your media manager resume
Creative problem solving
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Media manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your media manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Media Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Writing a strong media manager resume summary
Media manager resume summary checklist:
- Mention your position and total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight 1-2 of your top achievements;
- Go for shorter sentences and keep them to the point – don’t include anything that doesn’t support your application;
- Add 2-4 keywords present in the job description.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Adding education, courses, and certifications to your media manager resume
Education section tips and tricks:
- Add info about your highest degree level, incl. year of graduation, place of study, and degree subject;
- Mention some education-related awards you’ve received;
- Share a bit more about your certifications (if they are relevant);
- Entry-level applicants: Tailor your education section by including classes that are relevant to the position you’re applying for.
Top Certifications for your Media Manager resume
Social Media Management - The Complete 2019 Manager Bootcamp
Become a freelance social media manager | Start a management business | Work from anywhere | Achieve financial freedom
Become A Freelance Social Media Manager - Home Business
Start a home based business as a freelance social media manager. Find clients, deliver services and build your brand.
Become A Freelance Social Media Manager Home Business
Learn social media. Love social media. Launch a career in social media quick start course
Powerful Social Media Marketing For Beginners
Master the world of social media marketing, become a social media manager, grow your business, & become irreplaceable.
Productivity Systems For Social Media Managers
Ultimate productivity hacks to help you become more effective on social media marketing channels
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
The best format for your media manager resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
After choosing the right format for your Media Manager resume, it’s time to perfect the layout and style.
- Go for traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Choose a simple resume font, sized 10-12p;
- Make sure that the length of your resume matches your applicant profile: try to fit in a one-page template; two-page templateare suitable only for candidates with over 10 years of experience.
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid issues around formatting and unauthorized editing.
Looking for more ways to make your application stand out? Read this article!
Test your draft Media Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections to include in your resume
Depending on the type of company, your position, and your general desire to experiment and showcase your creative side, you might want to add some additional sections to your resume. Some examples include:
Creating a memorable media manager resume
You want your resume to put you in front of other candidates even when the competition is high, right? Right!
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a drop or two of creativity. You can choose a colorful and out-of-the-box template, or maybe even put a ‘what my typical days look like’ section at the bottom of your resume
It’s totally up to you. Just make sure to match the level of creativity to the industry, the position, and the company.
What Makes a Great Media Manager Resume: Key Takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.