Top Senior Business Analyst sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Senior Business Analyst resume edition
Senior Business Analyst Experience Section Checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
The work experience samples below come from real Senior Business Analyst resumes that got people hired at top companies. You can use them as an inspiration to build your own resume:
- Reduced customer churn by 20% by analyzing customer feedback and designing targeted retention campaigns.
- Saved $500k annually by identifying and implementing process improvements in the loan origination process.
- Developed and delivered training programs for business analysts on business process models and decision models.
- Collaborated with software vendors to implement Agile methodology and improve software delivery efficiency.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and facilitated workshops to identify business needs and requirements.
- Saved $1M annually by redesigning the loan approval process and implementing automated workflows.
- Developed a customer segmentation model that increased cross-selling revenue by 25%.
- Led the implementation of a new CRM system, resulting in a 30% increase in sales productivity.
- Conducted data analysis to identify trends and patterns, providing insights to inform strategic decision-making.
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure business needs were met.
- Implemented a data quality assurance process, resulting in a 40% reduction in data errors
- Developed and maintained a reporting dashboard, improving visibility and accessibility of key metrics
- Identified and resolved data inconsistencies in sales data, leading to a 20% increase in revenue
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define and document data requirements for new projects
- Conducted A/B testing analysis, leading to a 15% improvement in website conversion rate
- Developed a pricing strategy for a new product line, resulting in a 10% increase in profit margin
- Conducted a customer segmentation analysis, leading to targeted marketing campaigns and a 25% increase in customer acquisition
- Implemented a customer retention program, resulting in a 15% increase in customer retention rate
- Collaborated with IT team to implement a new CRM system, improving data tracking and reporting capabilities
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Senior Business Analyst, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action Verbs for your Senior Business Analyst Resume
Senior Business Analyst Resume: Crafting a Strong Skills Section
Do this if you want to make your skills section stand out:
- Check the job advert for keywords and add them to your skills section to pass ATS;
- List only skills that are relevant to the position to keep the hiring manager focused;
- Balance between hard, soft, and technical skills;
- Elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your Senior Business Analyst resume, e.g. the experience section or your resume’s summary.
Top skills for your senior business analyst resume
business process modeling
attention to detail
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Senior Business Analyst resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Things to include in your Senior Business Analyst resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
How to write a Senior Business Analyst resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
Here are some additional tips on perfecting your resume layout and style:
- Go for a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Use standard 1-inch resume margins for increased readability;
- Make sure your resume fits on a one-page template. In case you’ve got 10 years of experience or more, your resume’s length can reach two pages;
- Avoid unwanted editing and plagiarism – save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiters.
Want to take it a step further? Learn how to make your resume stand out without relying too much on creativity.