Landing a job as an audit manager requires proving your abilities to the recruiter.
All successful audit managers share common skills and leadership qualities. Recruiters will be looking out for these.
With a few simple tips, we’ll help you write an audit manager resume that gets you hired, fast.
Audit Manager resume experience examples from real resumes
Audit ManagerUnique GroupUK branch of a middle eastern bank
My portfolio requires me to manage 7 partners, more than 20 clients in various clusters of financial service industry, more than 30 staff at different levels in current year.
As new to Singapore last year, new to a Big4 company, new to regulation environment, I have managed a portfolio which comprise of banks, regulated CMSL entities, private equity funds, and other Financial service entities.
Got promotion during the secondment to PwC Malaysia, I dealt with different partners within Financial Service assurance practice.
Audit ManagerKoch Companies ServicesAudit, accounting and advisory Services
Responsible for the whole audit process which include management of client’s expectations, issues and challenges, fee negotiation, budget estimation based on current resources, establishing audit approach, monitoring and adjusting the progress of team members toward the completion, review work of team members, review the reports prepared by the client, communicating with partner for the job progress/issue, taking full ownership of the jobs until archiving, delivering constructive feedback to team members during the job and upon completion, networking in asset management community.
Led the development and implementation of audit strategies and audit plans. Conducted audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiency and compliance with applicable statutes & regulations.
Drafted audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
Audit ManagerKPMG SingaporeThird audit firm in Bahrain and the fifth in the world
Provided appropriate advice to clients on proposed developments & amendments to the applicable tax laws and proposed initiatives to help ensure compliance, so that risks are properly identified, evaluated & appropriate controls built in.
Over 15+ assignments within all departments of the Bank building strong relationship with people and overpassing the business pushback
Right-hand man of the head of audit in emergency situation, facilitating the dialogue with difficult stakeholders and the regulator in France
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in an Audit Manager resume:
- Relevant experience - As an audit manager, you need to prove your experience with multiple types of audits and risk assessments.
- Leadership skills - You’ll be overseeing a team of auditors. Demonstrate how you can support them, keep tasks organized, and ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of standards - A successful audit manager knows how to navigate all regulations: within the company, nationally, and internationally.
- Written communication - The majority of your job will be spent crafting reports. Recruiters will be looking for effective communicators who can write excellent audit reports.
- Attention to detail - Audit managers are responsible for investigating and detecting risks in company processes. You need a keen eye for detail to do the job well.
PRO TIPInclude quantitative data throughout your resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!