Top Agile Project Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to write a Agile Project Manager resume experience section
Writing a Strong Experience Section for Your Agile Project Manager Resume:
- List your previous jobs in chronological or reverse-chronological format;
- Use no more than 4-6 bullets per position;
- Mention only relevant work experience;
- Describe the tasks you were responsible for and how you managed to exceed expectations;
- Show you’re able to take charge by choosing action verbs over buzzwords.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Agile Project Manager resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Managed cross-functional teams to deliver 5+ digital products, including a mobile app that increased user engagement by 30%
- Implemented Agile methodologies resulting in a 25% increase in team efficiency and 20% reduction in defects
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies and coached team members on Agile principles and practices
- Collaborated with Product Owners to prioritize backlog and ensure alignment with business goals
- Developed project plans, budgets, and timelines, and tracked progress against KPIs and deliverables
- Maintained positive relationships with clients, managing expectations and ensuring satisfaction
- Conducted risk assessments and developed risk mitigation strategies to minimize project risks
- Managed 10+ projects with budgets ranging from $500k to $2M, delivering on time and within budget
- Implemented project management best practices resulting in a 15% increase in project success rate
- Developed and tracked project plans, budgets, and timelines, ensuring alignment with client objectives
- Identified and managed project risks, including resource constraints, scope changes, and technical challenges
- Established and maintained positive relationships with clients, managing expectations and ensuring satisfaction
- Coached team members on project management processes and methodologies, ensuring adherence to standards
- Led process improvement initiatives to streamline project delivery and optimize team performance
- Led a team of 8 developers and 2 testers in delivering a cutting-edge digital identity solution for a client, resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction
- Successfully identified and overcame project impediments by implementing Agile methodologies and promoting best practices within the team
- Collaborated with product designers in a discovery phase to define customer needs for a new product, resulting in a 30% increase in user adoption
- Managed the delivery of a secure cloud platform that enabled clients to stand up new environments in weeks instead of months, saving 30% in project costs
- Mentored and coached team members on Agile methodologies, resulting in a 50% reduction in project delays
- Implemented continuous improvement initiatives and process optimizations, resulting in a 15% increase in team productivity
- Successfully implemented an Agile delivery framework for 5 business units, resulting in a 40% reduction in project lead times
- Coached and mentored 10 project managers and 50 team members in Agile methodologies and best practices, resulting in a 25% increase in team productivity
- Designed and implemented a customized Agile training program for the organization, resulting in a 90% certification rate among employees
- Collaborated with senior management to develop and implement a change management strategy, resulting in a smooth transition to Agile methodology
- Developed and tracked Agile metrics, resulting in a 20% increase in project success rate
- Established project scope and direction, ensuring clear communication with staff and adherence to Agile methodologies resulting in on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Monitored progress and produced reports on progress against plan, adapting to budget, scheduling, and technical difficulties resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Communicated effectively with team members and stakeholders at all levels of seniority, ensuring successful project outcomes and client satisfaction.
- Successfully implemented Agile methodologies resulting in on-time and on-budget delivery of software projects for clients.
- Mentored team members new to Agile methodologies resulting in increased team efficiency and satisfaction.
- Communicated effectively with clients and stakeholders, ensuring project alignment with client expectations resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Managed the successful delivery of software development projects resulting in increased efficiency and cost savings.
- Ensured adherence to project plans, budgets, and timelines resulting in on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Communicated effectively with project stakeholders resulting in successful project outcomes and client satisfaction.
Include quantitative data throughout your Agile Project Manager resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action Verbs for your Agile Project Manager Resume
Agile Project Manager Resume Skills’ Tips & Tricks to Impress Recruiters
Agile Project Manager resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your agile project manager resume
Project management tools (e.g. Jira, Trello)
Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
User experience (UX) design
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Agile Project Manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Job-winning Agile Project Manager resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
How to write a Agile Project Manager resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out