Top L2 Network Engineer sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to write a L2 Network Engineer resume experience section
L2 Network Engineer Experience Section: Checklist
- List your positions in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Go for 4-6 bullet points;
- Add only relevant work experience;
- Include information about the challenges you’ve faced, the actions you’ve taken, and the results you’ve achieved;
- Use action verbs instead of filler words.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best L2 Network Engineer resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Delivered high and low-level designs for the IP, transmission, and fibre infrastructure for multiple clients, resulting in an increase in customer satisfaction by 20%
- Implemented a Low-Level Design (LLD) for the IP backbone infrastructure to support a new FTTx access network, resulting in a 15% increase in network capacity and improved network performance
- Provided accurate and concise documentation for designs, resulting in a 30% reduction in time required for troubleshooting and maintenance tasks
- Ensured overall system security and integrity for network systems and services, resulting in zero major security breaches in the last year
- Proposed network developments to the Network Architects in support of commercial product development, resulting in a 25% increase in revenue for the company
- Conducted Design Review Meetings and Workshops for clients, resulting in a 10% improvement in client satisfaction
- Provided 3rd line support to the Operational Network team (NOC) when the service was launched, resulting in a 40% reduction in network downtime
- Assisted with the design and implementation of complex network systems, resulting in improved network performance for clients
- Provided 2nd line support to clients, resulting in a 50% reduction in network downtime
- Assisted with the installation and maintenance of network systems, resulting in a 20% reduction in installation time
- Reduced network downtime by 25% through proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of network issues.
- Implemented network segmentation using VLANs, improving network security and reducing the risk of data breaches.
- Upgraded network infrastructure to support 10Gbps speeds, improving network performance and reducing latency.
- Configured and maintained Cisco ASA firewalls to ensure network security and compliance with industry standards.
- Created network diagrams using Visio, improving network documentation and aiding troubleshooting efforts.
- Designed and implemented network infrastructure for a healthcare provider, reducing network downtime by 40%.
- Implemented a network traffic monitoring solution, improving visibility into network traffic and aiding troubleshooting efforts.
- Configured and maintained Cisco routers and switches, ensuring network stability and uptime.
- Created and maintained network documentation, including network diagrams and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provided technical support and guidance to clients, including troubleshooting network issues and advising on network upgrades.
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your L2 Network Engineer job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action Verbs for your L2 Network Engineer Resume
Taking Control of Your L2 Network Engineer Resume’s Skills Section
L2 Network Engineer resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your l2 network engineer resume
LAN/WAN design and implementation
Attention to detail
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
L2 Network Engineer resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist: Writing a resume summary that makes you stand out
- Keep it short and use well-structured sentences;
- Mention your total years of experience in the field and your #1 achievement;
- Highlight your strengths and relevant skills;
- Add keywords from the company’s website or the job description.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
L2 Network Engineer Resume: How to Choose the Right Format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re a L2 Network Engineer with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your L2 Network Engineer resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out