Top Real Estate Project Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect Real Estate Project Manager resume experience section
Real Estate Project Manager Resume Experience Section: Ultimate Checklist
- Use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List relevant positions and situations that add value to your application;
- Describe situations, tasks, actions, and results (the S-T-A-R method);
- Remember to include numbers in whatever form you like (e.g. the number of projects you’ve finished);
- Begin each bullet point with an action verb.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Real Estate Project Manager resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Managed the due diligence process for 5 multifamily buildings, resulting in a 20% reduction in purchase price.
- Developed and managed budgets ranging from $5M to $20M for 8 renovation projects.
- Negotiated contracts with design professionals and contractors, resulting in a 15% reduction in costs.
- Coordinated with property managers and leasing teams to ensure timely and successful lease-up of 3 multifamily properties.
- Led weekly meetings with project teams and stakeholders to ensure projects stayed on schedule and within budget.
- Assisted in the construction of a 500,000 sq ft retail center, which was completed 1 month ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Developed and maintained project schedules using Microsoft Project, resulting in a 10% reduction in project duration.
- Assisted in the coordination of subcontractors and vendors, resulting in a 5% reduction in change orders.
- Created and maintained project documentation, resulting in a 20% reduction in project closeout time.
- Prepared and presented project status reports to project teams and stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Oversaw the development of a $50 million mixed-use project, including negotiating contracts, managing budgets, and ensuring compliance with building codes.
- Managed a team of 10 professionals, including architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants, to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Advised on technical and managerial matters for building and land acquisitions, resulting in savings of 10% on average.
- Developed and implemented renovation strategies, schedules, and budgets for multiple projects, resulting in a 15% increase in property value.
- Facilitated the successful transition of projects from construction through occupancy, resulting in positive feedback from clients and tenants.
- Managed a team of 15 professionals, including architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants, to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Developed and implemented construction schedules and budgets, resulting in savings of 5% on average.
- Sourced and negotiated contracts for architectural and engineering services, construction services and materials, resulting in a 10% reduction in project costs.
- Collaborated with senior leadership team members to advise and represent the real estate project owner as a trusted advocate.
- Worked on a variety of real estate types including multifamily, hospitality, office, retail, industrial, and more.
- Developed and implemented project schedules and budgets, resulting in a 10% increase in project efficiency.
- Coordinated with architects, engineers, and contractors to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Managed the acquisition and disposition of several commercial properties, resulting in a 20% return on investment.
- Prepared and presented project updates and financial reports to senior management, resulting in improved communication and decision-making processes.
- Led a team of 10 staff members to complete 5 affordable housing projects within budget and on schedule.
- Negotiated $20 million in funding from local government and private donors resulting in the construction of 200 new affordable housing units.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures that improved project efficiency and reduced construction delays by 15%.
- Collaborated with local communities and organizations to increase public awareness and support for affordable housing initiatives.
- Represented the OHA at community and board meetings, effectively communicating project updates and addressing concerns.
- Led the development of 3 affordable housing projects totaling 150 new units, resulting in a 20% increase in company revenue.
- Managed project budgets and timelines, ensuring all projects were completed within budget and on schedule.
- Collaborated with architects and contractors to identify and mitigate construction delays, resulting in a 10% reduction in project completion times.
- Conducted market research and analysis, identifying a new affordable housing development opportunity that resulted in the acquisition of a $10 million development contract.
- Negotiated with vendors and suppliers, achieving cost savings of 15% on all materials and services.
- Assisted in the development of 2 affordable housing projects totaling 100 new units, gaining valuable experience in all phases of affordable housing development.
- Conducted site visits and provided progress reports to senior management, ensuring all projects were on track for completion.
- Assisted with project documentation and reporting, ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Collaborated with project stakeholders to identify and address issues, ensuring project success.
- Assisted in the development of project budgets and timelines, gaining valuable experience in project management.
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Real Estate Project Manager, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action Verbs for your Real Estate Project Manager Resume
Real Estate Project Manager Resume: The Skills Section!
A skills section that shows what you’re capable of includes:
- Keywords from the job advert to help you pass ATS;
- Both hard and soft skills, incl. technical skills and people skills;
- Skills that are relevant to the position you’re applying for;
- No more than 15 skills – to keep your resume readable.
Top skills for your real estate project manager resume
Real estate law
Building codes and regulations
Site analysis and selection
Attention to detail
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Real Estate Project Manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist: a strong Real Estate Project Manager resume summary:
- Use adjectives that highlight the character traits you’re most proud of;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements;
- Add keywords from the job advert to increase your chances of passing ATS;
- Keep the recruiter’s attention by going for short sentences.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Real Estate Project Manager Resume Format 101
If a couple of years ago Real Estate Project Manager resumes could be text files with no graphic elements, today’s recruiters need a bit more to remember you.
And yet, you can still choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
But when it comes to choosing the right format for your Real Estate Project Manager resume, there are two factors to keep in mind: your experience and whether you’re looking for an industry change.
The reverse-chronological format is the most common one. That being said, it gives recruiters exactly what they’re used to in terms of order and information. However, it’s not suitable for applicants with employment gaps or not enough experience.
We at Enhancv suggest the functional skills-based resume format for people with limited work experience who find reverse-chronological resumes irrelevant. This format showcases the applicant’s most significant accomplishments, skills, and strengths.
Check out our additional tips on perfecting your Real Estate Project Manager resume’s style and layout:
- Choose traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for a serif or sans serif resume font that’s easy to read yet looks professional (e.g. Arial, Verdana, or Calibri);
- Keep your Real Estate Project Manager resume short: one-page template are preferable, but if you have over 10 years of experience, you can also go for a two-page format;
- Save your resume as PDF and choose a suitable name, e.g. NameSurnameResume;
Tired of looking for ways to make your resume stand out? Read this article!