According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Project Managers & Cost Estimators positions are at a much faster than average growth rate, which is 33%. With that said, there are currently 1,279,390 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 422198.7 to 1,701,589 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Project Managers & Cost Estimators jobs was $66,610 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $39,930, and the highest 10% more than $128,420.
Our conclusion? The Project Managers & Cost Estimators job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top process manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
A process manager resume experience section to be proud of
Writing a strong experience section for your process manager resume:
- List your previous jobs in chronological or reverse-chronological format;
- Use no more than 4-6 bullets per position;
- Mention only relevant work experience;
- Describe the tasks you were responsible for and how you managed to exceed expectations;
- Show you’re able to take charge by choosing action verbs over buzzwords.
Looking for real-life examples of what a strong experience section looks like? Check out our suggestions below!
- Establishing Problem Management Process HEC Delivery E2E to improve the effectiveness of Problem Management to fulfill the SLA and strengthen the customer satisfaction across the units
- Launching a program to increase system availability for customer on partner structure in order to reduce incoming incidents
- Leading virtual Problem Management team across the regions
- Process control owner for Audit SOC1/SOC2, lead to 100% audit compliance in the Problem Management HEC Delivery since 2015
- Leading Major Problem process in the entire cloud landscape
- Collaboration with stakeholders and decision makers across the organization
- Preparing and leading rollouts including publishing of documentations and knowledge transfer sessions across the regions
- Collateralize MTM, Prepays & Settlements through DTC & wire payments then balancing it with internal systems (Global-one & Loanet)
- Handling team of 12 Sr. Analysts, ensures team complies with SLAs & daily controls of the process
- Contract Compare using wide reconciliation tools (Pirum & Equilend)
- Corporate actions processing (Mandatory and voluntary).
- Preparing & presenting Monthly Business Analysis to Clients & senior management
- SME in securities borrow and lending Business
- Process activities in US Domestic business
- Excellent analytical, planning, co-ordination & team management skills
- Training New joiners in team,
- Feedback, Performance evaluation & Appraisal of team
- Manage directly IT Solution Specialist, Project Manager for Ops Readiness and two BPE Leads for the business process analysts, reporting analysts and workforce management analysts.
- Report directly to Site Director and BPE Global Manager.
- Develop a performance management system to asses all roles within the department and provide people management, mentorship and career development to members of the team.
- Represent the BPE department at all internal management meetings on all reporting and process issues and manage the overall performance and governance of the statements of work in conjunction with senior management.
- Ensure successful roll out of team initiatives and required systems to support the business.
- Maintain process/documentation control, central reporting and develop internal audit program.
- Uses project management framework to drive innovation and process improvements.
- Ensure accurate invoice values of over $28M of annual revenue on 50+ jobs weekly
- Support Human Resources with temporary employee on-boarding, payroll, and benefits
- Serve as POC for international independent contractors- implementing vendor on-boarding and tax form completion
- Document new processes with step-by-step instructional forms used to train new hires as well as cross-train departments
- Create new interfaces in QuickBase to optimize UX and ease data sharing interdepartmentally
- Manage a team of Business Process Analysts assisting with daily HR, Project Management, and Sales tasks
- Collaborate with other managers to build annual evaluation metrics and values to initiate performance reviews
- Creating and Implementing 2-days BPM Awareness TrainingProgram for Process Developers, Users, and Management. The training covered topics of Process and Change Management
- Training over 120 employees and building a new levelof awareness and knowledge regarding BPM in SCM
- Modelling high-level process landscape for Procurement, Planning and Source Processes in ARIS modelling database
- Responsible for process mapping workshops (As-Is and To-Be), cross-department and global process alignment, and an overall process implementation within SCM and Procurement areas
- Manage two Business Process Leads responsible for a total of 15 analysts across business process, reporting and workforce management.
- Developed a performance management framework to assess all roles within the department and provide people management, mentorship and career development opportunities to all members of the team.
- Worked with leads to develop career preparation pathways for our technical roles in order to secure the best talent within the company for the department.
- Implemented workflow improvements within our workforce management solution and oversaw the successful launch of new features to assist managers with employee scheduling and absence management.
- Identified inefficiencies within our monthly payroll process (impacting over 1100 employees) and established a new centralized process for quarterly bonus and payroll amendments.
- Managed the overall performance and governance of the statements of work (SOW) signed with the client in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Maintained a high standard across process/documentation control, central reporting and developed an internal audit procedure to ensure accuracy and efficiency across all databases and systems.
- Collaborated with other stakeholders to set up the groundwork for a centralized workforce management team responsible for scheduling, forecasting and real time management of all billable roles.
- Lead E2E DC(s) setup into the planning system starting from RFC approval, testing and cutover activities until Go Live
- Give final business approval of improvement proposals including planning processes
- Coordinate testing of improvement initiatives and support with expert technical knowledge and creative solutions
- Implement launching of production contracts for multiple markets - NAM, China and SEA ; Lead the integration of regional specific processes with the global template of the production contracts
- Organize KUT trainings , stakeholders updates and communication with end markets to ensure smooth process adoption
- Led the successful replacement of global demand planning system with a new SAP-based module within agreed timelines and budget
- Identified innovative ways to improve and optimize the quality of the planning processes and results
- Assumed the role of Super User and expert of all functionalities within the new supply chain planning system
- Worked as a liaison between users and IT and translated business requirements into technical specifications
- Ensured that business demands are developed correctly and with respect to given timelines
- Acted as a tester of pilot versions and approved transfers to real system
- Managed integrity and maintenance of master data
- Develop and drive initiatives for continuous enterprise process designs and improvements that support digital and agile transformation and organization goals
- Support the change impact assessment against Vodafone’s new organizational blueprints and existing ones
- Perform stakeholder mapping and impact assessment between current organization processes and under design intended processes and deliver materials to enable the change as business readiness assessments, change sustainability plans, new processes, training, benefits
- Liaise and work with senior leadership and involved departments to design, plan, implement and monitor business process changes for the lifecycle of demand/delivery/support of products and services following lean & agile techniques
- Develop best practices for business process improvements for Vodafone’s Bimodal (waterfall-agile) delivery model and Fusion organisational structure
- Ensure company adoption and put in place adaptation mechanisms that improve processes to suit business needs
- Monitor adoption of change and analyse performance metrics
- Track and report communicate status of business process initiative projects to management
- Develop and drive initiatives for enterprise process designs and continuous improvements that enable and support digital and agile transformation and organization goals
- Lead cross-functional teams that design, plan, implement & continuously improve business processes; current focuses are investment & delivery efficacy, customer discovery & segmentation, reducing time-to-market
- Develop best practices & business process improvements for Vodafone’s bimodal (waterfall - agile) delivery model and fusion organisational structure
- Work closely with senior leadership and teams at the execution level, to improve the demand, delivery and support of products and services using lean & agile techniques
- Ensure company adoption and put in place adaptation mechanisms that improve processes to suit business needs; act as a change ambassador
- Train and coach (across) the org on best practices; build curriculums, activities, communication material (live sessions, video, docs, websites)
- Track and report regularly to executive leadership & senior management
- Accountable for the Safety, Quality, Production and financial targets for the bottling and kegging packaging lines supplying all of Western Canada
- Led PDCA project to reduce line downtime caused by the Bottle Labeler by 18%
- Developed and implemented new line production schedule to coordinate with maintenance team to increase shutdown maintenance time while maintaining available production time, led to decrease in maintenance backlog by 15 weeks
- Worked with other plant technical experts from 6 Canadian breweries to redevelop maintenance plan for all Labelers in Canada
- Responsible for the coaching and delivering one-to-one performance reviews for a team of 30 operators in a heavily unionized environment
- I've created and implemented 2-days BPM Awareness TrainingProgram for Process Developers, Users, and Management. The training covered topics of Process and Change Management
- I have trained over 120 employees and managed to build a new levelof awareness and knowledge regarding BPM in the company
- I was an author of an official Implementation Plan Template that was used across the entire SCM and Procurement organization
- Run the "TIN collection task force"
- Ran automation of FATCA/CRS processes with robotics teams
- Ran integration of part of the FATCA/CRS process into the KYC process
- Ran FSA meetings and led the team during on-site visits
- Chairman of FATCA/CRS Forum and Process Decision Panel
- Advisory Board member
- Oversee the TIN collection effort to have all FATCA-reportable customer TINs in hand and perform a reasonable attempt to obtain CRS reportable customer TINs before the conclusion of 2019 - total scope of 230.000 customers.
- Oversee the transition of the Qualified Intermediary process from Denmark to Poland as part of a centralization effort.
- Oversaw the effort to ensure no FATCA-reportable customers were reported without TIN and date of birth.
- Headed tax authorities audit of Nordea’s FATCA and CRS processes in Denmark and Finland including on-site visits and mitigation efforts.
- Member of Advisory Board (strategic) consisting of senior management from Group Legal, Group Tax, Group Risk, Group Compliance and banking Operations in which incoming issues and legislative changes are discussed across business functions and mitigating actions are decided upon.
- Chair the Process Decision Panel (tactical) consisting of Chief Global Specialists and Heads of KYC Operations where improvements are evaluated, implemented, deployed and tracked.
- Chair the FATCA/CRS Forum (operational) consisting of Heads of KYC Operations where resources for FATCA and CRS initiatives are requested and approved.
- Gather the customer requirements to design the solution to fit customer needs
- Design of the technical architecture to develop Marketing and Sales Strategies applications and Business Intelligence tools
- Offering and Proposal coordination
- POC and RFP responses
- Full technical sales cycle
- Assisted in the formulation of the company's IT Quality Manual based on ISO 9001
- Designed, improved and published important IT processes and their KPIs, as well as business processes closely related to IT, focusing on the business outcomes
- Led a team of developers, conducting the development of BPMS automated processes using agile methodologies and tools, contributing to growths higher than 130% in incomes and 1400% in productivity
- Managed a team of 20 members consisting of various B2B related activities such as catalogue management and custom mappings
- Responsible for day to day operations of the team along with quality check to prevent errors
- Effectively mentoring the team, sharing knowledge and feedback on client tools and process
- Actively managed B2B deployment projects for Fortune 500 clients globally on various P2P platforms such as SAP(Ariba), Oracle and other in house ERP systems, was also the admin of ASN for the clients and effectively worked on enabling a frictionless P2P process
- Provide post production support to Fortune 500 clients
- Sharing inputs and supporting launch of new tools and features
- Coordinating with clients on daily basis for process updates and reporting
- Creating business collateral, questionnaire, pitch emails and dashboards to help pitch for new business
- Researching, filtering and listing potential new client list for business development
- Training on-site client engagement managers on process
- Suggested and supported automation projects across both functions
- Suggested process improvement ideas and helped streamlining mailbox management and other activities
- Working on upgrading of dashboards and monthly reporting to be presented to clientAssociate Process Manager - Commodities Confirmation and Settlements (Apr'17 - Mar'21)
- Responsible for leading a 12 member team across both functions i.e. Confirmation and Settlements
- Effectively managed both the functions supporting multiple clients across different time zones
- Acted as first POC to client for all their queries
- Responsible for mediating any disagreements, changes in procedure etc. between client and team
- Managed to build and train entirely new team after full attrition.Responsible for drafting and presenting monthly Dashboards/reports to client
- Received multiple appreciations from client for effective team management
- Was awarded Employee of the moth; employee of the quarter and employee of the year respectively
- Effectively worked on activities and reportings for Pre-settlement and Post-settlement and auditing confirmation and recap documents
- 15 % reduction of nonproductive water consumption through redesigning the CIP, water cooling and water usage system.
- 10 % reduction of the RM wastage as compared to last year through changing pumping system, weighing arranging and carrying system with a savings of 3 million BDT. (annualized)
- 25 % BCT reduction of 2 variants and deferring purchasing of a 5 million BDT Mixer for 2 years.
- Commissioning of 2 Sachet Machines new piping setup.
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Process Manager job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action verbs for your process manager resume
Taking Control of Your Process Manager Resume’s Skills Section
A skills section that shows what you’re capable of includes:
- Keywords from the job advert to help you pass ATS;
- Both hard and soft skills, incl. technical skills and people skills;
- Skills that are relevant to the position you’re applying for;
- No more than 15 skills – to keep your resume readable.
Top skills for your process manager resume
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Process manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your process manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Process Manager resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
A process manager resume summary that spotlights your achievements
Checklist: a strong process manager resume summary:
- Use adjectives that highlight the character traits you’re most proud of;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements;
- Add keywords from the job advert to increase your chances of passing ATS;
- Keep the recruiter’s attention by going for short sentences.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
Creating an impressive education section for your process manager resume
The education section: checklist
- List your degrees in reverse-chronological order;
- Include your degree subject, place of study, name of institution, and year of graduation;
- Add a line or two about your relevant certifications;
- Mention some classes and projects that have helped you gain additional skills.
Top Certifications for Your Process Manager Resume
Management Skills: New Manager Training Update 2022
Management Skills Certification in Developing People, Leading Teams & Process Improvement in the New Hybrid Work Culture
GAQM Business Process Manager Practice Exams
Pass the GAQM Business Process Manager BPM certification on the first attempt. 72 questions
RHPAM BPM : An Overview on RedHat Process Automation Manager
RHPAM-BPM a.k.a Jbpm (7+). All you need to know about the new paradigm of Business process management in enterprises
Certified Manager of Quality and Process Excellence
Acquiring Core Competence in Quality Management Processes
Banking Credit Analysis Process (for Bankers)
Course for Bankers, Consultants and managers to Understand Credit Analysis Process from Indian Context.
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
A professional format for your process manager resume
There are some aspects worth taking into consideration when choosing the format of your Process Manager resume. These include the position and company you’re applying for, your total years of experience, whether you’ve been through some employment gaps, and so on.
Generally speaking, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological resume format is just that: all your jobs listed in a reverse-chronological way, starting from the most recent and moving backward. It’s great for highly experienced professionals with over 10 years in the industry behind their backs. The reason for this: it’s almost entirely focused on experience and achievements.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is just the opposite. It’s based on your skills, personality, and expertise. It highlights what you’re capable of even when you don’t have sufficient work experience. This makes it great for students, recent graduates, or people with larger career gaps.
If neither of these sounds like you, go for the combination resume format. It’s a combination of the best characteristics of other formats, which makes it great for showcasing different aspects of your career and education. It also gives you plenty of options to choose from – in terms of colors, structure, and sections.
Check out our additional tips on perfecting your Process Manager resume’s style and layout:
- Choose traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for a serif or sans serif resume font that’s easy to read yet looks professional (e.g. Arial, Verdana, or Calibri);
- Keep your Process Manager resume short: one-page template are preferable, but if you have over 10 years of experience, you can also go for a two-page format;
- Save your resume as PDF and choose a suitable name, e.g. NameSurnameResume;
Tired of looking for ways to make your resume stand out? Read this article!
Test your draft Process Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Additional sections for your process manager resume
After drafting the required sections of your Process Manager resume, it’s now time to move to something a bit more fun. There are a number of sections you can add to your resume depending on the company, the position, and how you’re feeling in general:
Adding the right kind of creativity to your process manager resume
It is through creativity that we express ourselves. And trust us, it’s important to show at least a bit of your personality if you want to leave a strong first impression.
But what are the ways to add creativity to your Process Manager resume? Well, you can either go for a colorful and engaging template, or you could add some out-of-the-box sections, such as ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my typical day looks like’.
It’s up to you! Just make sure that the level of creativity matches the position, the company, and the industry you’re applying for.
What makes a great process manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.