According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Business Process Manager positions are at a 14% growth rate, which is faster than average. With that said, there are currently 907,600 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 124,400 to 1,032,000 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Business Process Manager jobs was $87,660 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $50,990, and the highest 10% more than $156,840.
Our conclusion? The Business Process Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top Business Process Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a strong business process manager experience section
Business Process Manager Resume Experience Section: Ultimate Checklist
- Use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List relevant positions and situations that add value to your application;
- Describe situations, tasks, actions, and results (the S-T-A-R method);
- Remember to include numbers in whatever form you like (e.g. the number of projects you’ve finished);
- Begin each bullet point with an action verb.
Check out the examples below when building your experience section. They will help you stand out!
- Manage directly IT Solution Specialist, Project Manager for Ops Readiness and two BPE Leads for the business process analysts, reporting analysts and workforce management analysts.
- Report directly to Site Director and BPE Global Manager.
- Develop a performance management system to asses all roles within the department and provide people management, mentorship and career development to members of the team.
- Represent the BPE department at all internal management meetings on all reporting and process issues and manage the overall performance and governance of the statements of work in conjunction with senior management.
- Ensure successful roll out of team initiatives and required systems to support the business.
- Maintain process/documentation control, central reporting and develop internal audit program.
- Uses project management framework to drive innovation and process improvements.
- Ensure accurate invoice values of over $28M of annual revenue on 50+ jobs weekly
- Support Human Resources with temporary employee on-boarding, payroll, and benefits
- Serve as POC for international independent contractors- implementing vendor on-boarding and tax form completion
- Document new processes with step-by-step instructional forms used to train new hires as well as cross-train departments
- Create new interfaces in QuickBase to optimize UX and ease data sharing interdepartmentally
- Manage a team of Business Process Analysts assisting with daily HR, Project Management, and Sales tasks
- Collaborate with other managers to build annual evaluation metrics and values to initiate performance reviews
- Creating and Implementing 2-days BPM Awareness TrainingProgram for Process Developers, Users, and Management. The training covered topics of Process and Change Management
- Training over 120 employees and building a new levelof awareness and knowledge regarding BPM in SCM
- Modelling high-level process landscape for Procurement, Planning and Source Processes in ARIS modelling database
- Responsible for process mapping workshops (As-Is and To-Be), cross-department and global process alignment, and an overall process implementation within SCM and Procurement areas
- Manage two Business Process Leads responsible for a total of 15 analysts across business process, reporting and workforce management.
- Developed a performance management framework to assess all roles within the department and provide people management, mentorship and career development opportunities to all members of the team.
- Worked with leads to develop career preparation pathways for our technical roles in order to secure the best talent within the company for the department.
- Implemented workflow improvements within our workforce management solution and oversaw the successful launch of new features to assist managers with employee scheduling and absence management.
- Identified inefficiencies within our monthly payroll process (impacting over 1100 employees) and established a new centralized process for quarterly bonus and payroll amendments.
- Managed the overall performance and governance of the statements of work (SOW) signed with the client in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Maintained a high standard across process/documentation control, central reporting and developed an internal audit procedure to ensure accuracy and efficiency across all databases and systems.
- Collaborated with other stakeholders to set up the groundwork for a centralized workforce management team responsible for scheduling, forecasting and real time management of all billable roles.
- Lead E2E DC(s) setup into the planning system starting from RFC approval, testing and cutover activities until Go Live
- Give final business approval of improvement proposals including planning processes
- Coordinate testing of improvement initiatives and support with expert technical knowledge and creative solutions
- Implement launching of production contracts for multiple markets - NAM, China and SEA ; Lead the integration of regional specific processes with the global template of the production contracts
- Organize KUT trainings , stakeholders updates and communication with end markets to ensure smooth process adoption
- Led the successful replacement of global demand planning system with a new SAP-based module within agreed timelines and budget
- Identified innovative ways to improve and optimize the quality of the planning processes and results
- Assumed the role of Super User and expert of all functionalities within the new supply chain planning system
- Worked as a liaison between users and IT and translated business requirements into technical specifications
- Ensured that business demands are developed correctly and with respect to given timelines
- Acted as a tester of pilot versions and approved transfers to real system
- Managed integrity and maintenance of master data
- Develop and drive initiatives for continuous enterprise process designs and improvements that support digital and agile transformation and organization goals
- Support the change impact assessment against Vodafone’s new organizational blueprints and existing ones
- Perform stakeholder mapping and impact assessment between current organization processes and under design intended processes and deliver materials to enable the change as business readiness assessments, change sustainability plans, new processes, training, benefits
- Liaise and work with senior leadership and involved departments to design, plan, implement and monitor business process changes for the lifecycle of demand/delivery/support of products and services following lean & agile techniques
- Develop best practices for business process improvements for Vodafone’s Bimodal (waterfall-agile) delivery model and Fusion organisational structure
- Ensure company adoption and put in place adaptation mechanisms that improve processes to suit business needs
- Monitor adoption of change and analyse performance metrics
- Track and report communicate status of business process initiative projects to management
- Develop and drive initiatives for enterprise process designs and continuous improvements that enable and support digital and agile transformation and organization goals
- Lead cross-functional teams that design, plan, implement & continuously improve business processes; current focuses are investment & delivery efficacy, customer discovery & segmentation, reducing time-to-market
- Develop best practices & business process improvements for Vodafone’s bimodal (waterfall - agile) delivery model and fusion organisational structure
- Work closely with senior leadership and teams at the execution level, to improve the demand, delivery and support of products and services using lean & agile techniques
- Ensure company adoption and put in place adaptation mechanisms that improve processes to suit business needs; act as a change ambassador
- Train and coach (across) the org on best practices; build curriculums, activities, communication material (live sessions, video, docs, websites)
- Track and report regularly to executive leadership & senior management
- Accountable for the Safety, Quality, Production and financial targets for the bottling and kegging packaging lines supplying all of Western Canada
- Led PDCA project to reduce line downtime caused by the Bottle Labeler by 18%
- Developed and implemented new line production schedule to coordinate with maintenance team to increase shutdown maintenance time while maintaining available production time, led to decrease in maintenance backlog by 15 weeks
- Worked with other plant technical experts from 6 Canadian breweries to redevelop maintenance plan for all Labelers in Canada
- Responsible for the coaching and delivering one-to-one performance reviews for a team of 30 operators in a heavily unionized environment
- I've created and implemented 2-days BPM Awareness TrainingProgram for Process Developers, Users, and Management. The training covered topics of Process and Change Management
- I have trained over 120 employees and managed to build a new levelof awareness and knowledge regarding BPM in the company
- I was an author of an official Implementation Plan Template that was used across the entire SCM and Procurement organization
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Business Process Manager job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action verbs for your business process manager resume
Writing a strong skills section for your business process manager resume
Checklist for your business process manager skills section:
- Include all relevant skills from the job description to pass ATS;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise;
- List your technical skills in a clear and concise manner;
- Leave room for transferable skills related to teamwork, communication, negotiation, and conflict management.
Top skills for your business process manager resume
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Business Process Manager Resume Header: Tips, Red Flags, and Best Practices
Checklist for your business process manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Business Process Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
The ideal summary for your business process manager resume
Mastering the summary section: checklist
- Mention the total years of experience you have in the field;
- Focus on 2 to 3 of your top achievements;
- Highlight the things that make you the best fit for the position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep the recruiter’s attention.
Resume Summary Formula:
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Things to Include in Your Business Process Manager Resume Education Section
Business process manager resume education section checklist:
- Mention your highest education degree;
- Add the duration of your course and the institution you attended;
- List the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- Feature your certifications if they are relevant to the position;
- Entry-level positions: Share more about projects and classes.
Top Certifications for your Business Process Manager Resume
GAQM Business Process Manager Practice Exams
Pass the GAQM Business Process Manager BPM certification on the first attempt. 72 questions
Leadership, Business Process Improvement, & Process Mapping!
Learn the leadership, communication, and process mapping skills to accelerate your career!
Process Flowcharts & Process Mapping - The Beginner's Guide
Learn how to use business analysis to model process flows via real-world examples & project-based hands-on activities
Introduction to Business Process Modeling
Learn how to analyze, model, and improve your organization's business processes.
BPMN For Business Analytics A-Z™: Business Process Modeling
Learn Business Process Modelling with over Real-World case studies
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Formatting your business process manager resume
What’s worse than a .docx resume? A resume with a poorly chosen format.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Choosing between them is easy when you’re aware of your applicant profile – it depends on your years of experience, the position you’re applying for, and whether you’re looking for an industry change or not.
The reverse-chronological resume format is just that – all your relevant jobs in reverse-chronological order. It’s great for applicants with lots of experience, no career gaps, and little desire for creativity.
When working with less experienced applicants, we suggest the functional skills-based resume format. It’s great for recent graduates or people with large career gaps. Functional skills-based resumes focus on your personality, the skills you have, your interests, and your education. Ultimately, the idea is to show you’re the perfect fit without putting too much emphasis on your work experience (or lack thereof).
If you’re in the middle or are generally looking to make your resume feel more modern and personal, go for the combination or hybrid resume format. It offers the best of both worlds by combining sections focused on experience and work-related skills and at the same time keeping space for projects, awards, certifications, or even creative sections like ‘my typical day’ and ‘my words to live by’.
Business Process Manager Resume Formatting Checklist
- Choose the resume format based on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for
- Go for a traditional 10-12p font
- Stick to 1-inch page margins to ensure high readability
- Match the length of your resume to your experience, but don’t go for more than two pages!
To take it a step further, check out how your resume can stand out without leaning too much on the creative side.
Test your draft Business Process Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Additional sections for your business process manager resume
In some cases, especially when it comes to entry-level positions, adding more sections beyond the usual ‘experience’, ‘skills’, and ‘education’ works well in your favor. Such additional sections will help you paint a fuller picture of who you are in the recruiter’s head.
Here’s a list of fun yet informative additional sections for your resume:
Making your business process manager resume creative
We know too well that recruiters go through tons of resumes every day. The worse part is, they often need to hire people for different positions and teams. So how do you make yourself stand out in such cases?
By adding a dash of creativity to your Business Process Manager resume. It can be in the form of a colorful layout, a section describing your typical day, or even a picture of your favorite book – you decide!
Just make sure that the levels of creativity match the industry, company, and position you’re applying for.
What makes a great business process manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.