According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Custodian positions are at a 6% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 2,217,000 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 127,200 to 2,344,200 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Custodian jobs was $29,080 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $9.80 per hour, and the highest 10% more than $22.54 per hour.
Our conclusion? The Custodian job market is wide open for candidates.
Top custodian sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Custodian resume edition
Custodian resume experience section: dos and don'ts
- List 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include only relevant job experience;
- Make sure to highlight your strongest skills by focusing on the challenges you’ve faced and the results you’ve achieved;
- Don’t use buzzwords that carry no meaning;
- Don’t share confidential information about your previous employers.
If you prefer to be led by example, check out some great Custodian resume experience section snippets below!
- Ensured correct use of cleaning chemicals and agents
- Cleansed and disinfected required areas
- Waxed floors and cleaned windows
- Removed trash in accordance with established procedures
- Performed dusting, sweeping, and cleaning tasks
- Prepare facility for daily operations including cleaning engineers' workspaces, and sweeping and shovelling debris
- Responsible for stock room and allocation of cleaning supplies to be distributed amongst team members
- Assist with identifying and receiving performance concerns when tasks are not completed satisfactorily and quality standards are not maintained
- Managed market access and provider relationships in the Africa and Middle East regions.
- Performed due diligence and relationship coverage on sub-custodians, local market infrastructures and banking partners.
- Authored client facing articles on market developments and managed internal and external communication on key events.
- Presented to clients and represented the company as needed.
- Create and manage internal protocols to achieve a greater control for personnel files.
- Strategically assessed and recommended a new filing method to gain more space and faster tracking of documents, resulting and leading to $5,000 in cost-savings.
- Create computer fill-in documents to achieve greater administrative efficiency and significant working time reduction.
- Review and prepared over 30 requests for internal and external working certifications weekly to forward them to the proper investigative authority.
- Perform data entry where appropriate with a high level of accuracy, without supervision.
- Provide and prepared reports requested by the Supervisor not related to my daily duties to facilitate day to day functions.
- Manage and file all employee personnel official papers, time cards and other confidential documents.
- Maintain a purchase registry in order to purchase supplies, or any office materials.
- Coordinate and attends employees meetings.
- Customer relations.
- Support / Instruct customers using Payment DropBox Services, prepare envelopes for deposits and complete forms.
- Count cash in the envelope of money taken out of the Drop Box
- Input data and prepare statistical reports related to transactions of Payment Box Services and hand over records and documents to the Teller.
- Cleaned and maintained school.
- Helped Teachers , Staff , and Parent volunteers keep a safe and clean environment.
- Organized and maintained stock room
- Customer focused
- Excellent customer service skills
- Summer Clean up (cleaned entire school -Clean and lift furniture in and out of class rooms .
- Highly enthusiastic and hardworking customer service professional.
- Solid team player, personable , mature , and responsible with a upbeat positive attitude.
- Highly motivated and multi-task oriented and very responsible. Very adaptable to changes.
- Dedicated Customer Service Representative motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success.
- Core Strengths Active listening skills Sharp problem solver Courteous demeanor Adaptive team player Inventory control familiarity Store maintenance ability Customer service expert
- Performed cleaning tasks within a give time and resolved customer complaints
- Stocking and keeping inventory up to date
- Routine check ups to assure there were no issues in order to satisfy customers
- Executed time management skills through maintaining assigned tasks within a given amount of time
- Demonstrated honesty through inspection checks and inventory counts
- Managed work time of employees, did routine check ups of their jobs and respectfully communicated new or unfinished tasks
- Main function teller responsibilities.
- Respond and resolve customer related issues and problems.
- Managing two safes (teller and treasury) ensuring balancing of both.
- Perform daily office responsibilities and tasks such as account transactions, account maintenance, balancing consistently, balance and monitor cash items, order and prepare cash shipments and collection to SBV.
- Performing monthly cash counts .
- Month end reconciliation reports.
- Actioning daily treasury listings.
- Multiskilled in customer services
- Stand in as Branch Administrator.
- Responsible for ensuring that petty cash funds are physically secured or attended by an authorized person at all times.
- Replenishment of the petty cash funds should occur on a timely basis (within 30 days) and should follow the procedures identified in Procedures for Replenishing Petty Cash Funds.
- Responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Service and repair M9, M16/M4, M231, M249, All M240 Series, M60, M2, M2A1, M48, Mk19, M107, M242, 60mm, 81mm, 120mm Mortars, M153 Comon Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS), M500, M26 IAW TMs
- Vehicles Equipped: MRAP, STRYERS, MATV, HUMVEE, BRADLEY, LMTV, S-RAT, RG33 and ABRAMS.
- Instructed 50 Safety Briefings on Job Task Hazards Analysis.
- Instructed groups of 10 weekly on Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on small arms and crew served weapon systems.
- Instructed new employees on Armory Procedures in accordance with AR190-11 to include opening/closing procedures, sight counts, weapon transfers and quarterly/annually services.
- Performs key control procedures and physical security of weapons and sensitive items in a controlled environment.
- Conducted classes on filling out 2404, parts turn in process, weapons condition tags usage and repair process.
- Oversees the reception of various classes of Supply in support of Operational Stock, RPAT, New Production, Redistribution, CAP/CAS, and ASL/PLL/UBL.
- Developed local storage plan for assets stored within AOR.
- Oversees stock status daily to ensure items in storage location are within compliance of PWS.
- Exemplified high level of diligence in providing various services, including logistical technical supportand information to ensure most effective and economical support for equipment and systems.
- Conduct root cause analysis research to ensure proper accountability and distribution of government assets and components; providing a significant contribution towards improved product accountability.
- Contact local proprietors to ensure critical mission components and support services are met.
- Identify TPE (Theatre Provided Equipment) to ensure retention requirements are met.
- Oversee and provide technical guidance for additional Taskers and program support workload
- Asset management, stock control, maintenance of equipment and contract management.
- Budget administration.
- Procurement administration.
- Custodian of all internal HR and Admin procedures and processes
- Processing of payment and payroll.
- Recruitment and Selection.
- Benchmark HR related policies and procedures in line with SADC organisations requirements.
- Execute training and development initiatives.
- Supervisor of 20 back officers and Tellers in the Branch
- Perform all Head Teller functions and ensure dual control for Teller
- Supervise the Teller line for acceptable TAT and timely cashiers balancing 30minutes after the last customer is served
- Management of ATM operations and reconciliations
- Management of main Safe of the Bank
- Fixed Asset Management
- Maintain custodial closets, work areas, and equipment in a clean and safe manner
- Helped in monitoring men change room to keep it in an orderly manner, ensuring club rules are conscientiously adhere to.
- Report to the Physical Plant by job request anything that needs repairing or replacing
- Assist or relieve relief custodian, as assigned
- Perform additional duties, as assigned by administrative or supervising personnel
- My responsibility is to be friendly and interactive with the customers and also provide them with information about their accounts and bank services offered eg personal loans, home loans and vehicle financing. Represent the bank in a good manner by smiling, being courteous to customers and portray a professional image.
- Have mathematical skills to perform teller and treasury duties eg cash management of branch limits by clearing and ordering notes and coins from SBV.
- Process and record all transactions correctly and in compliance with rules and regulations present and to comply to SARB and other regulatory requirements i.e. FICA, AML and CASA.
- Giving sales leads to the sales consultant. Cross selling value add service like rewards program, digital packages(notify-me, internet banking and e-statements) and life and funeral covers. Meeting daily, monthly and yearly targets.
- Explaining monthly sales campaign details to customers. Answer inquiries relating to all ABSA retail products.
- End of day balancing of teller and treasury safes. Daily administration like the collecting of all teller slips and cheque deposits and encashment slips to be collected for safe storage.
- Ensure all the tellers balance and give assistance when they do not.
- Do the treasury listings daily and if there is any issues call IPS or support centre for assistance.
- Alternate monthly between preparing and authorising month end reconciliations.
- Responsible for keeping the merchandising file up-to-date by ensuring the branch is safe and an accident free environment eg. no wires on the floor or obstructions that are hazardous.
- Ensure that the ATMs are functioning, hygienic and there are no foreign objects like card skimming devices.
- Swept/Mopped floors
- Wiped down windows
- Cleaned bathrooms
- Took out garbage/recycling
- Took machines apart
- Wiped machines from top to bottom
- Sanitized machines from top to bottom
- Cleaned floors around the area.
- Put machines back together
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Custodian job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action Verbs for Your Custodian Resume
An impressive skills section for your custodian resume
Writing a skills section that stands out:
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your Custodian resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your custodian resume
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Custodian resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your custodian resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Custodian resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
The custodian resume summary: tips and tricks
Making a strong first impression.
- Keep your summary section short and easy to read; avoid long sentences;
- Highlight your total years of experience in the field;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements and strengths;
- Add a couple of keywords from the job advert.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Custodian resume: a strong education section
What to include in your education section:
- Your highest education degree (incl. major, duration, name of institution);
- A bit more about the certifications you’ve got (if they are relevant to what you’re applying for);
- Some extracurricular activities that have helped you develop and strengthen your skills;
- If you’re an entry-level applicant: Relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your custodian resume
CISSP Certification: CISSP Domain 1 & 2 Boot Camp UPDATED 22
Take the Domain 1 & 2 2022 CISSP certifications boot camp: Get 6 hours of video, study guides, and practice questions.
Exam Prep: CFA® Level 1 Bootcamp 2022 Curriculum (Part 2/2)
CFA® Level 1 Bootcamp: Financial Reporting, Portfolio Management, Equity Investments, Fixed Income, Derivatives
The Complete Investor Bootcamp 2022
The Key to Successful, Profitable, and Sustainable Future? Investing. (Learn How to Make Money in the Stock Market)
CISM Certification: CISM Domain 1 Video Boot Camp 2022
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Domain 1 - Get 5 hours of videos and downloadable study guides.
5-in-1 Alternative Assets Masterclass
The ultimate masterclass on alternative assets including Private Equity, Private Debt, Hedge Funds, and their workings.
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Custodian Resume: How to choose the right format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re a Custodian with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your Custodian resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
Looking for ways to perfect your Custodian resume layout and style?
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts (sized 10-12p);
- Match the length of your Custodian resume with your years of experience – choose a one-page template if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- To be on the safe side, save your resume in PDF. This will help you avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Your custodian resume: Other sections to include
Tired of resumes that focus only on your professional side? Want to show you’re an actual human being with a real personality that goes beyond your work experience? Then add some other sections to your Custodian resume!
Depending on the industry, company, and position, you can go for a more creative or less creative approach. Choose 1-2 of the following:
Making your custodian resume shine
In a pile of boring black and white resumes, a creative Custodian application feels like a breath of fresh air. And trust us, recruiters love this.
There are two ways to add a splash of creativity to your resume. You can either go for a creative layout (bright colors, modern fonts, etc.) or add some creative sections (e.g. ‘what my typical day looks like’).
It’s up to you! Just make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk going over the top. And that’s not always a good idea.
What makes a great custodian resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.