According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, HR Assistant positions are at a 10% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 674,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 70,200 to 745,000 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the HR Assistant jobs was $63,490 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $37,710, and the highest 10% more than $109,350.
Our conclusion? The HR Assistant job market is wide open for candidates.
Top HR assistant sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect HR assistant resume experience section
Perfecting the experience section: HR assistant resume checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of HR Assistant resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Organizing and preparing a couple of big interviews between cruise companies representatives and applicants
- Fully responsibility for the applicants with German language to be good prepared and informed for the interview with the cruise company
- Interviewing, evaluating and preparing a big number of applicants and helping them developing their best skills
- Preparing documents for the appointment and termination of employees.
- Preparing and updating employee records; monitor deadlines associated with certificates of competency.
- Elaborate job descriptions and job announcements; search for candidates.
- Ensure compliance with Labour Medicine. Ensure the necessary health and safety documents and processes are in place; conduct initial and periodic briefings to employees.
- Supports the work of the General Manager and Chief Accountant .
- Managing and promoting the online advertising of the company
- Continuously growing Facebook page fan base- 40 % increase in engagement compared to previous year
- Liaising with advertising companies to create stand out packaging and organise promotion campaigns
- Invented 3 new types of biscuits and established them successfully on the product market
- Conducting regular analyses on employee productivity and bridging the gap between employees and top management
- Welcoming clients and partners for business meetings;
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Ordering of office supplies.
- Assisting the recruitment team with CV screening and interview coordination;
- Negotiating employee benefits;
- Monthly Office Newsletter preparation;
- Organizing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) events, such as charity initiatives and donation campaigns.
- Supporting and managing the HR System of the company (Creating accounts, updating and terminating)
- Being actively involved in different HR processes (Payroll; Presenting in front of newcomers; Supporting company's employees in administrative issues)
- Closly working with managers and business partners in the aim of smooth work flow
- Drafting of contracts of the Company; Preparation of tender documents;
- Active participation in recruiting job candidates; Coordinating interview schedule;
- Interviewing candidates;
- Providing employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions;
- Organization of corporate events, meetings; Organization and coordination of business trips and internal office activities;
- Selection of European programs related to company activities;
- Internal auditor - responsible for the certification and recertification of the company and the technical department employees of : ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- Supporting the Managing Director`s daily activity and management;
- Work closely with all departments (sales, technical department, accounting, logistics);
- Communication with candidates via email, phone, or in person
- Administrative support during communication with clients of ProHR
- ProHR's database management, work with social networks and career portals
- Participation on company projects of different types (job fairs, university projects and festivals, personal attandence at fairs, administrative support at fairs)
- Profile design of candidates for PhoHR's clients
- CV updates from internal databases
- Design and update of job descriptions
- Selection process of candidates
- Reporting to management
- Participation on personal interviews with supervision of a consultant
- Process and maintain employment records for all staff levels including background, fingerprinting, health requirements, and benefits administration.
- Credential all levels of licensed independent practitioners.
- Represent HR/Recruiting in weekly executive meetings by reporting out on all HR hiring updates
- Creation and production of monthly newsletter for all areas of the organization.
- Performed skills and behavioral assessment of prospective trainees with HR Manager.
- Designed customized training plan for trainees to bridge skills gap and behavioral deficiencies.
- Evaluated trainees against training objectives and compiled outcome of training sessions for HR Manager.
- Pre-recruitment and recruitment support.
- Conduct interviews, Post recruitment managerial interms of feedback and follow up.
- Employee on boarding & off boarding process.
- Conduct induction & Orientation, Conduct exit interviews.
- Facilitate in HR meeting management
- Manage the HR meeting & meeting calendar for the Team and Record Keeping.
- Make the coordination with various departments.
- Managing all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties
- Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department
- Maintain relations with hotel clients, partners and agents
- Managing the hotel accounts on booking.com, expedia, and agoda
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting
- Contributed to the formation of the ECP relocation policy
- Detected a crucial difference between the anticipated/actual costs
- Sourced, screaned and interviewed high profile vacancies
- Assisted the coordination of HR activities within the construction site/cement plant.
- Organized interviews and prepared orders, instructions and references.
- Support expats with matters relating to Migration Service and accommodation.
- Prepared and filed labor contracts and various other documents regarding labour relations;
- Calculated payroll and prepared monthly recapitulations;
- Contacted state institutions regarding labour and social security issues;
- Took part in all HR activities within the HR department according to HR Manager’s instructions (recruitment and selection, personnel training, health and safety policies and procedures etc.);
- Answered general questions and inquiries in various areas of Human Resources to employees and supervisors
- Supported employees and supervisors on standard HR questions and by providing reports
- Contributed to HR process standardization and harmonization across the related groups and Maintained and developed a knowledge database for frequently asked HR questions across the related groups
Include quantitative data throughout your HR Assistant resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your HR assistant resume
Impressing recruiters with a top HR assistant resume skills section
Checklist for an impressive HR assistant resume skills section:
- List both hard and technical skills that are important for the role;
- Check what the job description says and add some keywords based on that;
- Focus only on relevant skills;
- Try not to list things such as “communication”; rather, highlight your soft skills in other sections of your HR Assistant resume.
Top skills for your HR assistant resume
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
HR assistant resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your HR assistant resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your HR Assistant resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Crafting a strong summary for your HR assistant resume
Checklist: The perfect HR assistant resume summary section
- Add a couple of keywords from the job description;
- Mention some of your most valuable skills and characteristics;
- Highlight your top achievements (and add numbers!);
- Use no more than 3-5 sentences to guarantee readability and keep - the hiring manager interested.
Resume summary formula:
Read the job description carefully and understand what the hiring company is exactly looking for. After that, write your summary accordingly while highlighting your potential and ability to be the best at that job.
An impressive education section: HR assistant resume
HR assistant resume: Education section checklist
- Highlight your highest education degree;
- Include the degree subject, year of graduation, and institution name;
- Mention some of the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- List your certifications (incl. the body that’s issued them);
- Entry-level positions: Give preference to courses that are relevant to the position.
Top certifications for your HR assistant resume
Administrative Human Resources (HR) for Beginners
This course is an introduction to the role and duties of Human Resources (HR).
Diploma Course in Human Resource Management (HRM)
Become top-notch HRM Practitioner - Get Live Projects, Ready-to-use Templates, Demos, Quizzes, Articles, Case studies
Effective Human Resource Administration
Effective Human Resource Administration
HR Analytics using MS Excel for Human Resource Management
Use Excel for HR Analytics, calculate HR metrics, build HR dashboards & ML models for Human Resource & People Analytics
HR - Agile HR Fundamentals ( Human Resources )
Human Resources - Paradigm Shift | Agile Movement in Human Resources | HR Courses | HR Certification
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
The right format for your HR assistant resume
When it comes to formatting your HR Assistant resume, there are certain things you need to keep in mind. These include your level of expertise, your total years of experience, and the position and company you’re applying for, to name a few.
You can choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological format is just that – all your experience listed in a reverse-chronological way. It’s great for experienced professionals who have been in the industry for many years and have no career gaps.
The functional skills-based resume, on the other hand, focuses on skills, education, and personality traits, rather than experience. This makes it great for graduates, people with less experience, or bigger career gaps. The idea is to show you’re the perfect match without putting too much emphasis on your lack of relevant experience.
If none of these sound suitable, go for a hybrid (or combination) resume. It’s a mix of experience, skills, and personality traits. It’s also considered modern and innovative because of its non-traditional structure and sections. Here, you can add details about what your typical day looks like or what your life philosophy is. In short, the hybrid resume format shows who you are, both as a professional and as an individual.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
More sections worth adding to your HR assistant resume
If the industry, company, and position you’re applying for allow for that, you could include other sections in your HR Assistant resume. By doing this, you’ll show the recruiter that you’re a real human and not a robot.
Here are some ideas:
The right kind of creativity for your HR assistant resume
Several years ago, everyone preferred keeping a safe distance from creative resumes. Today, adding creativity to your CV is considered cool, innovative, and one of the best ways to stand out.
You can add a creative section that describes your typical day or even go for a colorful creative template. No matter what you choose, make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk looking silly.
What makes a great HR assistant resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.