According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sales Managers positions are at a 7% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 397,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 27,900 to 425,800 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Sales Managers jobs was $132,290 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $63,170, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Sales Managers job market is wide open for candidates.
Top sales and marketing manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Sales And Marketing Manager resume edition
Sales and marketing manager resume experience section: dos and don'ts
- List 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include only relevant job experience;
- Make sure to highlight your strongest skills by focusing on the challenges you’ve faced and the results you’ve achieved;
- Don’t use buzzwords that carry no meaning;
- Don’t share confidential information about your previous employers.
If you prefer to be led by example, check out some great Sales And Marketing Manager resume experience section snippets below!
- Initiated the market expansion in Australia
- Working closely with the CEO in Australia to kickstart the expansion
- Recruiting, training and managing a team of sales representatives in Melbourne
- Partnering with food and catering businesses and franchises in Melbourne
- Managing the official Instagram page @toogoodtogo.au and run marketing campaigns
- Building relationships and connections with public media and stakeholders to promote the brand
- Account management on existing and prospect clients
- Marketing mix definition and competitive analysis
- Day-to-day sales and performance monitoring
- Increased annual sales in key markets by 10% through strategic new product development and targeted global marketing campaigns
- Successfully negotiated a multi-million contract for the Airbus A380 project
- Collaborated with finance and operations to create annual and long range plans to achieve double digit sales growth in 3 years
- Restructured the Smart Home, HVAC, Elevator, and Aluminum residential product line resulting in a 50% increase in sales
- Developed new relationships with key partners increasing sales in our residential divisions by 65%
- Managed a team of 5 assistant managers with 20 total sales reps and supplied them with innovative marketing materials and training
- Delivered sales of +$50 million in sales revenue
- Managed 360-marketing campaigns across the full media mix
- Contributed individually towards increasing the top line revenue by 8% percent through event sponsorship
- Sponsorship Sales contribution of over AED 15 million in the duration of my work tenure with a 3-person team
- Brought AED 4 million in Corporate and Leisure Memberships by creating a whole new revenue stream with partnerships through brands such as Emirates, Rolls Royce and Privilee
- Conceptualized and executed UAE's top polo events - UAE National Day Polo Cup and The Silver Cup Series
- Awards: Certificate of Excellence for top Sales and Sponsorships Performance - EMAAR HOSPITALITY GROUP
- Doubled the revenues (partly via M&A) that reached + 40M Euro.
- Managed wholesale accounts and clients across 5 brands
- Gained 4 major clients in 8 months
- Promoted from Assistant Account Executive to AE in 2 years
- Managed 3 staff and Jumped over seven-fold Tracoe and three-fold Nutricia sales.
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands company's customer base
- Objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Meeting planned sales goals. Setting individual sales targets with the sales team
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products
- Sales network new approach and CRM launch;
- Led of big and innovative projects based on New Technologies applied to molecular diagnostic (Array Multiplex System, Voltage Based Microfluidic, Magnetic Resonance...);
- Led of the evaluation of new suppliers to create new branches and improving the existing one;
- Scientific team (2 PM and 2 PS) leadership, training & coaching programs;
- Public Tender Office leadership and training for legal update and new softwares.
- Responsible for selling all kinds of steel items in Saudi Arabia and UAE, some of our customers are EPC, Oil Refineries, Construction companies, Steel Fabricators etc.
- Identifying new market and business opportunities within the country.
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale, maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Meet existing customers to review current services and expand sales opportunities.
- Selected the correct products based on customer needs, product specifications and applicable regulations.
- Motivating and assisting my sales staff to improve their performance, as well as training new sales representatives.
- Negotiating prices, terms of sales and service agreements. Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets and negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Set up new accounts, established customer credit, and set up payment methods.
- Sales forecasting, market trend evaluation and segment strategies.
- Acquisition of new business and account management across NSW to achieve regional revenue target - $30m
- Established a local presence and premises in the Hunter region
- Maintain existing business relationships with blue chip clients including Sydney Water, Hunter Water, Roads and Maritime Services, ARTC and Transport for NSW/Sydney Trains
- Developed and implemented effective business strategies, successful marketing campaigns and strategic tendering and bid writing
- Upgraded CRM system and integrated revised reporting modules to improve and automate monthly reporting, marketing activities and internal communications
- Successful negotiation of contractual commercial terms with Local Government, Regional Water Authorities and Tier 1 Contractors
- The daily management of the sales team, control of KPI's,training, control and manage of the commercial team, marketing and customer
- Negotiation of wholesalers and purchasing decision makers
- Direct responsibility of the Mixed Network of Sales, Pharmacies and Hospital Sales team, composed by 62 people.
- Delivered a 200%+ revenue increase in the las 3 years by developing the sales and marketing strategic planning and implementation
- Increased 40% lead generation and 50% sales conversion rates through Marketing strategies (including online marketing and other channels)
- Increased profit margins by 20% in the last quarter by creating competitive advantage launching a new product range
- Enhanced operational performance by using automation and systems reducing 30% costs while increasing revenue and profitability
- Grew the business revenue 35% yearly, generating $1.4M in new business while coordinated IT development staff
- Increased the average marginal value of customers by 30%
- Increased lead generation by 17% and sales conversion by 25% by implementing digital marketing strategies
- Increased business 40% in 6 years for $10 million in gross sales
- Managed accounts & sales team across $40 million product portfolio
- Maintained full P&L (profit & loss) responsibility for defined segment
- Transformed business unit to increase responsiveness
- Secured $250k annual cost savings for global procurement program
- Identified opportunities in Canada and Mexico resulting in $400k in new sales
- Created content that increased lead conversion by 15%
- Developed digital and print marketing campaigns to enhance customerexperience which increased purchase loyalty by 20%
- Generated highest revenue of the sales team with conversion rates >20 %
- Managed more than 100 accounts and 400 leads
- Held webinars and represented the company as a speaker at panels
- Self-drivenly developed a semi-automated E-Mail follow-up process embedded into CRM system which increased efficiency by 20%
- Sales Rep contract review and sales network renewal for all Italy;
- Led of the launch of a big and innovative project based on magnetic resonance applied in molecular diagnostic field;
- Scientific team (2 Product Managers and 2 Product Specialists) and public tender office manager.
- Define the “where to play” and “how to win” choices and commercial strategy to drive omni-channel business growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage of the Premium portfolio generating yearly business growth of 5 to 7% in a stable market
- Define and lead the deployment of local marketing plans to grow brand awareness and customer experience in on-trade and off-trade (6 categories - more than 50 brands) development of a new sales model for whisky limited edition
- Stock, forecasts & Portfolio management, revenue and pricing strategies
- Implement Media and Influencers community, through custom-made local happenings and national events
- in charge of On-trade (HoReCa) and off-trade retailers with regular increase of listings and Points of sales.
Check the Sales And Marketing Manager job description for inspiration. Look for similarities between your employer’s values and your experience.
Action verbs for your sales and marketing manager resume
An impressive skills section for your sales and marketing manager resume
"Writing a skills section that stands out.":
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your Sales And Marketing Manager resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your sales and marketing manager resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Sales and marketing manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your sales and marketing manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Sales And Marketing Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
The sales and marketing manager resume summary: tips and tricks
Making a strong first impression.
- Keep your summary section short and easy to read; avoid long sentences;
- Highlight your total years of experience in the field;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements and strengths;
- Add a couple of keywords from the job advert.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Sales and marketing manager resume: a strong education section
What to include in your education section:
- Your highest education degree (incl. major, duration, name of institution);
- A bit more about the certifications you’ve got (if they are relevant to what you’re applying for);
- Some extracurricular activities that have helped you develop and strengthen your skills;
- If you’re an entry-level applicant: Relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your sales and marketing manager resume
The Complete Sales Skills Master Class - Sales Marketing B2B
Master Sales Skills, Marketing Strategy, B2B Sales, Business Development, Lead Generation Using Top Social Skills
Product Marketing | Become A Product Marketing Manager 2021
Know how to turn product marketing into a conversion and sales engine for your company
Sales Management Masterclass For Sales Managers & Management
Complete Guide For Aspiring & Current Sales Managers & Management Team To Create A High Performing Sales Enablement Team
Digital Marketing Strategy - Profitable Sales Funnel Mastery
Learn to build a profitable sales funnel through captivating free offers, sales pages and email marketing sequences.
Digital Marketing Course For Managers & Entrepreneurs
Complete Understanding Of Digital Marketing Platforms To Create A Digital Marketing Strategy For Your Company & Brand
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Sales And Marketing Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Sales and marketing manager resume: How to choose the right format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re a Sales And Marketing Manager with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your Sales And Marketing Manager resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
Looking for ways to perfect your Sales And Marketing Manager resume layout and style?
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts (sized 10-12p);
- Match the length of your Sales And Marketing Manager resume with your years of experience – choose a one-page template if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- To be on the safe side, save your resume in PDF. This will help you avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Your sales and marketing manager resume: Other sections to include
Tired of resumes that focus only on your professional side? Want to show you’re an actual human being with a real personality that goes beyond your work experience? Then add some other sections to your Sales And Marketing Manager resume!
Depending on the industry, company, and position, you can go for a more creative or less creative approach. Choose 1-2 of the following:
Making your sales and marketing manager resume shine
In a pile of boring black and white resumes, a creative Sales And Marketing Manager application feels like a breath of fresh air. And trust us, recruiters love this.
There are two ways to add a splash of creativity to your resume. You can either go for a creative layout (bright colors, modern fonts, etc.) or add some creative sections (e.g. ‘what my typical day looks like’).
It’s up to you! Just make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk going over the top. And that’s not always a good idea.
What makes a great sales and marketing manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.