Top Luxury Retail sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a memorable experience section: Luxury Retail resume edition
Luxury Retail Resume Experience Section: Ultimate Checklist
- Use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List relevant positions and situations that add value to your application;
- Describe situations, tasks, actions, and results (the S-T-A-R method);
- Remember to include numbers in whatever form you like (e.g. the number of projects you’ve finished);
- Begin each bullet point with an action verb.
The work experience samples below come from real Luxury Retail resumes that got people hired at top companies. You can use them as an inspiration to build your own resume:
- Achieved an average monthly sales target of £300,000 with a 20% YoY growth in sales revenue
- Initiated and led the implementation of a CRM system, which resulted in a 30% increase in client retention and a 15% growth in sales from repeat clients
- Developed and executed an effective sales training program, which resulted in a 25% increase in the average sales per associate
- Established strategic partnerships with interior designers and luxury property developers, which resulted in a 40% increase in the number of referrals and leads
- Achieved an average monthly sales target of £150,000 with a 15% YoY growth in sales revenue
- Maintained a 90% client retention rate through exceptional product knowledge, personalized recommendations, and follow-up communication
- Developed a new sales strategy that focused on custom-made jewelry, resulting in a 25% increase in sales of custom-made items
- Trained and mentored new sales associates to achieve and exceed their sales targets
- Increased sales revenue by 20% through effective visual merchandising, product displays, and promotions
- Implemented a new inventory management system, which resulted in a 30% reduction in stock shortages and a 10% increase in stock turnover
- Achieved and maintained a high level of customer satisfaction through exceptional customer service and complaint resolution
- Assisted in recruiting, training, and supervising a team of 5 sales associates
- Exceeded sales targets by 20% for the year by leveraging clientelling and luxury events to drive sales and engage high value guests.
- Provided exceptional personalized service that led to a 50% increase in repeat customers and an increase in average order value by 25%.
- Managed a client portfolio of over 200 high net worth individuals, resulting in a 30% increase in sales from existing customers.
- Consistently achieved a customer satisfaction score of 95% through active listening, product knowledge, and building strong relationships with customers.
- Exceeded monthly sales targets by 30% through upselling and cross-selling techniques while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Developed and maintained a loyal customer base, resulting in a 25% increase in repeat business.
- Coordinated and executed in-store events, resulting in a 40% increase in foot traffic and a 50% increase in sales.
- Demonstrated excellent product knowledge and communication skills, leading to a 20% increase in overall customer satisfaction.
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Luxury Retail, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action Verbs for your Luxury Retail Resume
Taking Control of Your Luxury Retail Resume’s Skills Section
Checklist for a perfect Luxury Retail resume skills section:
- Make sure to include most if not all essential skills for the job;
- Check the job description and add some keywords to pass ATS;
- List both hard and technical skills;
- When it comes to soft skills – elaborate on them in other sections of your resume (e.g. the experience section).
Top skills for your luxury retail resume
Point of Sale (POS) System
Attention to Detail
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Luxury Retail resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Things to include in your Luxury Retail resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
Read the job description carefully and understand what the hiring company is exactly looking for. After that, write your summary accordingly while highlighting your potential and ability to be the best at that job.
Luxury Retail Resume: Formatting Tips & Tricks
Which came first: the hen or the egg? This question reminds us of the thing our resume experts hear most often in their job – which comes first: the content or the format? Well, we advise you to pick the format first and then go on with drafting your resume’s content.
And how do you choose a resume format? Well, based on your applicant profile. In general, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Let’s look at each one of them in more detail:
The reverse-chronological resume format is quite straightforward. Here, you describe all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological form, meaning your latest job comes first. This resume format is great for people with lots of experience and skills who don’t have any career gaps.
If you are a recent graduate or don’t really have much experience in the industry you’re applying for, go for the functional skills-based resume format. This format focuses on skills and character traits, rather than experience. It makes the hiring manager realize you’re the perfect fit for the role without putting too much emphasis on your work history.
And if you’re looking for something a bit more intriguing and exciting, check out the hybrid resume format. It’s a combination of the reverse-chronological and functional skills-based formats, which makes it great for all types of job-seekers. The hybrid resume allows you to showcase both your professional experience and your skills, education, and additional qualifications. If you’re feeling creative, add a separate section about your typical day or life philosophy.
Here are more resume tips regarding your layout and style:
- Clear and legible 12p resume font size;
- Use 10’’ resume margins - that’s default for a great resume design;
- Use a one-page template resume length if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- Save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiter.
To take it a step further, check out how your resume can stand out without leaning too much on the creative side.