Do you want to be part of the booming web3 world?
Maybe you are a skilled programmer but struggle to find a job in blockchain?
Have you lost confidence in yourself and are ready to give up?
Don’t be sad, it's not your fault!
It’s your approach to the job that leads you to failure.
But we have a solution for you!
We’ve cracked the code of building a blockchain developer resume and will show it to you.
Read the guide, take notes from the examples, and use the resume builder to create yours.
What you’ll learn here:
- How to describe your experience, skills, and strengths in your blockchain developer resume
- How to amaze recruiters with a straight-to-the-point summary
- How to list your education and projects
- What other resume sections will help you become part of the web3 world
Looking for related resumes?
- Senior Software Engineer Resume Example
- Java Software Engineer Resume Example
- Java Software Developer Resume Example
- Senior Software Developer Resume Example
- Golang Developer Resume Example
- Angular Developer Resume Example
- J2EE Developer Resume Example
- Asp.Net Developer Resume Example
- Drupal Developer Resume Example
- COBOL Developer Resume Example
- Software Engineer Resume Example
- Ruby On Rails Developer Resume Example
- Java Web Developer Resume Example
- Android Developer Resume Example
- C Developer Resume Example
- Senior Php Developer Resume Example
How to write a blockchain developer resume
2021 was a wild ride for crypto and web3 enthusiasts.
Every person with an Internet connection could make millions out of luck.
People pay attention to the success of public figures, but not to those who allowed all this to happen.
Being a blockchain developer means being the builder of an entirely new economy and world.
That’s why it’s vital to show your contribution in a well-built web3 developer resume.
There are some vital points that you should mention:
- Programming language mastery: you need to prove excellence in at least one
- Clear understanding of blockchain technology, cryptography, and security principles
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment of constant innovation and with a team of bright people
To make a positive impression on the interview, you should apply these skills to building cohesive Experience, Summary, and Skills sections.
Moreover, you should also add some soft skills like good communication, organization, and time management.
The critical factor for a company to succeed is the collective intelligence, not the individual.
That’s why employers value applicants who are capable and willing to share their knowledge with others.
What else could you add?
Were you part of any web3 protocols? Do you have experience building intelligent contracts, complex data structures, or consensus algorithms?
What was your favorite project, and how did you approach it?
What skills did you acquire from previous jobs? Are employers satisfied with your performance?
Look at the following resume examples, and then try to build your top-notch blockchain developer resume.
Blockchain developer resume formats
The following resume formats are perfect for a blockchain developer:
- Reverse-chronological resume describes your most recent job first and then previous positions. It might be your optimal choice when a couple of years of being in a specific industry.
- Functional resumes are meant for career changers and underline transferable skills and expertise.
- Hybrid resume gathers the best qualities of both formats, as it’s suitable for all professionals.
Here are more resume tips:
- Choose 12p resume font size and 10’ resume margins
- Use the one-page resume if having under 10 years of experience and the two-page resume if having more
- Pay attention to the grammar and spelling
- Choose the PDF format
- Utilize the MS Word resume templates for good results
To stand out from the fierce competition, add References and Project sections.
Top resume sections:
- Facts-based Experience section backed up with high-performance metrics;
- Attention-grabbing summary that speaks volumes;
- Blockchain-oriented hard skills;
- Well-built Project/Achievements section that shows self-motivation and entrepreneurial spirit;
- References from industry professionals and cohesive Education section.
What recruiters want to see:
- What’s your experience in software engineering?
- Are you familiar with blockchain technology? Did you master any programming language? Which one?
- Did you apply cryptography and security principles in your previous positions?
- Are your previous employers satisfied with your overall performance? Did you get along with your teammates?
- Did you participate in any blockchain projects? What were they, and what was your role?
- What are your goals for the future? Do you plan to share your knowledge with others?
One-of-a-kind Blockchain Developer resume header section
The most intuitive thing to do in a resume is the resume section.
You might consider that the first thing everyone does is to write down their name and contact details.
But the situation is quite the opposite.
Many professionals neglect the Header section and make the biggest mistake possible: to become unrecognized by recruiters.
Follow the advice points below to build a cohesive blockchain developer Header section:
- Write down your first and last name: make sure they are the same as your social media nicknames
- Mention the position you are applying for, not the one you had
- Always include your current location, phone number, and the email you use most
- Include a link to your GitHub or LinkedIn profile to build trust
Take notes from the following samples, then build a cohesive resume header.
2 blockchain developer resume header examples
Blockchain developer resume summary recruiters search for
Think of your resume summary as a complex line of code.
Imagine it is the one that determines whether the program will work.
If you make even a minor mistake, the code won’t function.
The same is when you put incoherent information in the first sentence of your summary.
Recruiters notice your negligence, and you won’t reach the interview.
So, to avoid failure, listen to these tips:
- Emphasize the years of experience and the industry you excelled in
- Try to list facts, achievements, and skills that are linked to blockchain technology
- Underline the high-performance metrics backed up with quantitative data
- Mention the specific skills you excelled in and whether you were recognized for them
- Finish with a statement of what you are looking for in the future position
Don’t forget to tailor the summary to the job description.
If the offering mentions a DeFi project, add information/terms related to decentralized finance.
Take a close look at these two examples and create a strategy to build your web3 developer resume summary:
2 Blockchain Developer Resume Summary Examples
The second sample looks way more professional because of the quantitative data added.
The core information is almost the same
Therefore, you should focus on writing down measurable achievements that add value.
Blockchain developer resume experience: Showtime
Everything will be tokenized and connected by blockchain one day.
Many experts agree that blockchain technology will change the world in the next 10 years.
However, many opponents are skeptical of its potential.
That’s why web3 companies are looking for people who are not only excellent coders, but also loyal supporters.
Remember that you are one of the builders of the future economy: you should be passionate about it!
And this is how to prove it to recruiters by writing an admirable blockchain developer Experience section:
- Mention participation in a web3 project like a DeFi protocol or blockchain game
- Mention acquired tech skills: deep knowledge of data structures, consensus algorithms, experience in smart contracts
- Show how you contributed to building a community, integrity in the ecosystem, and loyal supporters
- Mention positive feedback from listeners and backed it up with quantitative data
- Explain how you handled a tense situation within the team
- Include high-performance metrics to describe the impact of your work
- Demonstrate that you went that extra mile for the cause
You don’t need to have mastery in every programming language.
For instance, show that you excelled in Python and then provide evidence of your work.
It’s crucial to tailor this tech skill to the job offer.
How did your work impact the whole blockchain ecosystem?
Use quantitative data to outline the number of loyal supporters, TVL, and other high-performance metrics.
Don’t waste time thinking, and learn how to list work experience on a resume:
Blockchain developer resume experience examples
- Collaborated with the product and dev teams
- Built cross-chain libraries
- Improved data structures of the blockchain
- Participated in developing a DeFi protocol
The main difference between the two samples is the presence of numbers and power words in the second one.
However, this insignificant change is critical for the overall impression.
Take your time, research, and include the most accurate power words and quantitative data.
- Participated in the development of the DeFi protocol that attracted 15,000 loyal supporters
- Built 3 reusable cross-chain libraries and increased the user base of the DeFi protocol by 37%
- Improved data structures to solve 3 serious issues and ease the work of the dev team
- Closely collaborated with the 6+ dev teams to improve the efficiency of the distributed system by 18%
Try to use quantitative data to underline the outcomes of your hard work, not the coding itself. Thus, you show that your dedication leads to reaching the company's objectives. For example: "Deep knowledge in building distributed systems helped me increase the speed of transactions by 25%."
Top blockchain developer skills you need to succeed
The technical skills listed below are a must for almost every blockchain developer.
Cryptography and security principles, smart contracts, and distributed systems lay the basis for blockchain technology.
Recruiters use ATS systems to scan whether they are present on your resume.
Therefore, to make a good impression on recruiters, include soft skills.
For example, critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration might be a perfect fit for you.
Time management and strong work ethics go well with a blockchain developer resume.
Top 10 tech skills:
- Blockchain Technology
- Consensus Algorithms
- Distributed Systems
- Smart Contracts
- DeFi Protocols
- Security Principles
Top 10 soft skills:
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Strong Work Ethic
- Active Listening
The strengths section will help you give further explanation of your abilities.
We advise you to mention skills you can support with a specific example or quantitative data.
If you are good at time management, you should mention that you always leave time for a good rest.
Get it, right?
Take a look at the following samples and start working on yours:
Education for a Blockchain Developer resume: breaking the myths
If you have over 10 years of experience in coding or 5 years in blockchain, there is no need to write a detailed resume education section.
After all, employers search for accomplishments based on your deep knowledge in the field.
However, if you are new to the web3 world or programming, you should take a specific approach.
Look at the tips below and learn how to impress recruiters with actions and knowledge:
- Write down the tech skills you mastered backed up with numbers and quantitative data
- Show positive personality traits: How did you cope with a stressful situation?
- Emphasize extraordinary achievements that indicate self-motivation and desire for growth
- Underline your inner drive to share knowledge and teach skills
Project resume section: The secret to acing your next interview
Including projects on a resume makes recruiters say to themselves:
"Wow! This pal is a go-getter!"
No, it is not an exaggeration!
Introducing your project means that you:
- are proud of what you did,
- confident in its value to the world,
- show evidence of self-motivation and entrepreneurial spirit.
It is a good idea to list your achievements the same way you build your Experience section: use action verbs, numbers, and facts.
Have in mind the following example and try to write yours:
- Troy DAO attracted 15,000 loyal supporters who bought the token
- Participated in developing the smart contract, which took me 6 months
- Worked in a team of 8 developers to ensure the security of the protocol
References that make you look trustworthy
As you might have heard, security breaches, hackers, and scams diminish the value of blockchain.
It happens because the technology is relatively new, and experts still learn from their mistakes to ensure a 100% risk-free experience.
Therefore, it’s critical to offer a reference on your resume from industry professionals.
They will guarantee that you are a reliable individual with no bad intentions.
- Show you could bring value by listing facts and achievements in your Experience and Project sections.
- Draw recruiters’ attention by listing extraordinary achievements and high-performance metrics in your summary.
- Tech skills related to blockchain are a must; soft skills are a bonus.
- Add the Projects and References to building trust.
- Tailor each section to the job description and list blockchain skills wherever possible.