According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Associate Marketing Manager positions are at a 10% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 316,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 31,800 to 348,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Associate Marketing Manager jobs was $141,490 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $74,620, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Associate Marketing Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top associate marketing manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Associate Marketing Manager resume edition
Associate marketing manager resume experience section: dos and don'ts
- List 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include only relevant job experience;
- Make sure to highlight your strongest skills by focusing on the challenges you’ve faced and the results you’ve achieved;
- Don’t use buzzwords that carry no meaning;
- Don’t share confidential information about your previous employers.
If you prefer to be led by example, check out some great Associate Marketing Manager resume experience section snippets below!
- Led the on-site CX during the launch of 2 major Amazon Pay categories- Bill Payments and UPI on Amazon.
- Owned the end-to-end CX during the launch of probability based cashback for Bill Payments and Recharges.
- Worked as an acting Marketing Manager for the Prime Rewards Program.
- Drove 2X growth in signups for Prime Rewards program by optimizing on-site and outbound communication channels.
- Drove Amazon Pay integration on high traffic category pages.
- SME for Coupons on Amazon and MAPLE campaigns.
- Launched Amazon Pay categories on the Avatar Card gateway widget.
- Templatized the GDN and Paid search creatives for Bills and Recharges.
- Email Bar Raiser for Amazon Pantry and Amazon Pay surveys.
- Games24x7 is India's most successful gaming business with a full-stack portfolio of Skill Games and Casual Games.
- End to end planning and execution of campaigns to increase revenue and retention.
- Perform extensive campaign analysis daily, weekly, monthly to find growth opportunities.
- Perform creative and funnel analysis.
- Work with creative designers / web designers to ensure timely execution of campaigns.
- Building hypothesis and AB testing the same as a POC for new feature requests.
- Managing a team of associates to look into all operations.
- Create App store optimization strategy and execute marketing plan to increase downloads, installs and sign-ups
- Drive user growth via performance Ads on mainstream media platforms including Huawei, Tencent, etc
- Responsible for marketing budget allocation, leveraging data-driven guidance and performance metrics
- Initiate data integration with Huawei, ByteDance, Zhihu to increase new sign-ups and conversion efficiency
- Manage updates and distributions of LinkedIn App in iOS App Store, and Android marketplaces
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Associate Marketing Manager, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action verbs for your associate marketing manager resume
An impressive skills section for your associate marketing manager resume
Writing a skills section that stands out:
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your Associate Marketing Manager resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your associate marketing manager resume
Creative problem solving
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Associate marketing manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your associate marketing manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Associate Marketing Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
The associate marketing manager resume summary: tips and tricks
Making a strong first impression.
- Keep your summary section short and easy to read; avoid long sentences;
- Highlight your total years of experience in the field;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements and strengths;
- Add a couple of keywords from the job advert.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
Associate marketing manager resume: a strong education section
What to include in your education section:
- Your highest education degree (incl. major, duration, name of institution);
- A bit more about the certifications you’ve got (if they are relevant to what you’re applying for);
- Some extracurricular activities that have helped you develop and strengthen your skills;
- If you’re an entry-level applicant: Relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your associate marketing manager resume
Become a Product Marketing Manager | Product Management
Product Marketing Strategy : Marketing New Product : Product to Market : Product Promotion : New Product Launch Strategy
Digital Marketing Masterclass - 23 Marketing Courses in 1
Learn Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Content Marketing, YouTube Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, Branding+
Become a CRM Manager: overview for Email Marketing starters!
Salary, chances and challenges: What's it like to work as a CRM Manager and how to become one? A course by a Head of CRM
Digital Marketing Course For Managers & Entrepreneurs
Complete Understanding Of Digital Marketing Platforms To Create A Digital Marketing Strategy For Your Company & Brand
Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z: 12 Courses in 1 + Updates
Digital Marketing Strategy, Social Media Marketing, WordPress, SEO, Digital Sale, Email, Instagram, Facebook, ads ..
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Associate Marketing Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Associate marketing manager resume: How to choose the right format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re an Associate Marketing Manager with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your Associate Marketing Manager resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
Looking for ways to perfect your Associate Marketing Manager resume layout and style?
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts (sized 10-12p);
- Match the length of your Associate Marketing Manager resume with your years of experience – choose a one-page template if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- To be on the safe side, save your resume in PDF. This will help you avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Associate Marketing Manager resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Your associate marketing manager resume: Other sections to include
Tired of resumes that focus only on your professional side? Want to show you’re an actual human being with a real personality that goes beyond your work experience? Then add some other sections to your Associate Marketing Manager resume!
Depending on the industry, company, and position, you can go for a more creative or less creative approach. Choose 1-2 of the following:
Making your associate marketing manager resume shine
In a pile of boring black and white resumes, a creative Associate Marketing Manager application feels like a breath of fresh air. And trust us, recruiters love this.
There are two ways to add a splash of creativity to your resume. You can either go for a creative layout (bright colors, modern fonts, etc.) or add some creative sections (e.g. ‘what my typical day looks like’).
It’s up to you! Just make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk going over the top. And that’s not always a good idea.
What makes a great associate marketing manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.