According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, IT and Software Engineering positions are at a much faster than average growth rate, which is 22%. With that said, there are currently 1,847,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 409,500 to 2,257,400 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the IT and Software Engineering jobs was $110,140 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $65,210, and the highest 10% more than $170,100.
Our conclusion? The IT and Software Engineering job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top senior php developer sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect Senior Php Developer resume experience section
Perfecting the experience section: senior php developer resume checklist.
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of Senior Php Developer resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Developed a tool to import the data of the new client's clinic/medical systems into the SaaS application that was the main product of the company.
- Deployed more than 30 projects, including systems, websites and mobile apps.
- Technologies used: NodeJS, PHP, Parse, MongoDB, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, WordPress and RESTful API with Laravel.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Writing back-end code and building efficient PHP modules.
- Test and develop software for client applications.
- Updating and altering web application features to enhance performance.
- I have developed new features CakePHP
- I was responsible for leading team of 12 people
- I was SCRUM master and I have applied and enforced the SCRUM ceremonies
- I was responsible for the backend application releases
- Tech Stack: PHP7.4 with CakePHP 3.9, MySQL 5.7, AngularJS, Docker, Amazon Web Services, Nomad, Terraform, Gitlab, Gitlab Pipelines
- Development & Implementing
- Architecture & application planning
- Proposing technologies
- PHP Backend development
- Scrum Product owner
- Provisioning, CI and CD manager
- Full Stack PHP, React Developer
- Technical marines ship repair website
- silver edge website
- Lamsah saudi group website
- Arab Festival for Tourism Advertising website
- First Media Advertising website
- Saudi creators website
- AlBassam Law website
- Madarat systems company website
- Pels E-learning website
- Enno education system
- Uniconnect Network Marketing System
- Nkforex for forex services website
- Sea Trans Egypt Shipping website
- Leading and managing a team of 4 developers
- Developing internal ERP software
- Working on integration with REST based company's gateways and third party software
- Working in Agile environment using scrum methodology
- PHP 7, MySQL, Laravel, PHPUnit, VueJS, REST API, GIT, JIRA, CONFLUENCE, Linux
- Worked on a migration of company's project using Slim framework.
- Assisted with frontend development using ReactJS
- Worked in Agile environment using scrum methodology
- PHP 7.0, MySQL, Slim 3, PHPUnit, ReactJS, Tailwind CSS, REST API, GIT, YouTrack, Linux
- Mentored a development team of a 6 members, worked hard in developing and maintaining the company's own products
- Architected a solution for migrating legacy project to the Laravel framework
- Participated in development of features for other software products
- Built the company's REST API SDK for PHP
- Worked on integration with SOAP and REST based company's gateways
- Built SafeCharge’s corporate website using wordpress
- Worked in Agile environment using scrum methodology
- PHP, MySQL, Laravel, Yii, Wordpress, VueJS, jQuery, Bootstrap, REST, SOAP, GIT, JIRA, TFS
- Rebuilt the company's GPS Fleet Management system from scratch using Phalcon Framework (It was a non OOP legacy code)
- Performed a benchmarks and research to choose the best framework for the project which will handle a high traffic with lowest cpu and memory usage
- Developed reports that are using in-memory cache, updating the real-time data shown to the user every 10 second
- Implemented performance tuning techniques on back-end queries which resulted in 40% improvement in application performance
- Integrated the system with other external systems using SOAP and REST.
- Added RabitMQ in the project for real-time event notifications
- Developed JAVA application for handling large data export in PDF
- Developed cross-platform mobile application using Cordova
- PHP, MySQL, Phalcon, REST, SOAP, PHPUnit , Memcache, RabbitMQ, KML, XML, XSLT, JSON, Linux, jQuery, jQuery Ui, Kendo UI, Cordova, Bootstrap, OpenLayers, Google Maps, Google Places
- Mentoring 8 team members with different backgrounds
- Being mainly responsible for the ERP Systems development
- Created Browser Game from scratch using our custom PHP Framework
- Back-end development mainly using Smarty Template Engine
- Websites Development using MVC OOP PHP Patterns
- Development and technical administration of Medical ERP System
- Brought in the user perspective to many successfully launched projects.
- Consult with project managers, business analysts and development teams on application development and business plans.
- Provides strategic and technical assistance to Management on architectural strategies by evaluating approaches and alternatives.
- Tested website and performed troubleshooting prior to deployment.
- Handled whole projects from scratch idea to production deployment.
- Participating in the full development lifecycle, including ideation, architecture, design, development, testing, release, and operation.
- Act as a team leader so I was responsible for resource allocations and estimations on most of the projects related to my team and solve any technical issues with them to deliver projects.
- Worked closely with Project Managers and other developers to define parameters and plan detailed specifications with clear project deliverables and timelines to drive completion of deliverables meeting strict deadlines.
- Reviewed code to validate structures, assess security, and verify browser, device, and operating system compatibility.
- Conducted unit testing to deliver optimal browser functionality.
- Created powerful Content Management Systems to serve as an interface for the client.
- Researched new technologies, software packages, and hardware products for use in website projects.
- Established milestones for projects and prepared all team members to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Collected, defined, and translated user requirements into project designs and implementation plans.
- Managed time-sensitive updates, including content changes and database upgrades.
- Designed, coded, architected, tested modules, and processes to extend Drupal to meet the client's needs.
- Created custom Drupal modules using PHP
- Content migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8
- Mentoring 4 team members
- Implement newly designed landing pages in HTML and CSS, and build new webpages via our CMS for innovative marketing efforts and campaigns
- Developed >20 WordPress websites
- Perform daily scrums & routine code reviews
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
- Be part of a lean, fast paced, and highly versatile Scrum team
- Worked in Agile based environment with daily scrum calls and coordination with team member
- Collaborated with the team to get the requirements and implementation.
- Worked on the frontend and the backend of the site by writing reusable and efficient code.
- Quick problem solving and bug fixing.
- Unit tested all the developed modules properly.
- Getting Requirements, Analyzing the Requirements
- Using tech stack of Laravel, Codeigniter MVC Framework, Php, MySql,Git, jQuery, Ajax, Bootstrap
- Single-handedly building front-end and the back-end of many sites.
- A CodeIgniter based CMS for Tripzy.ae and a CMS for B3adventures using the PHP CodeIgniter, Bootstrap.
- Contributing to installing and maintenance four internal meeting and actions management system based Adobe Connect system used by over 8000 teachers and students
- Launched a new web application that constitutes 100% of records and meetings presented and indexed MySQL
- Improve the speed and accuracy of storage and indexing of records and meetings by using Adobe Connect API's
- Improved database queries increasing overall speed and security by %50
- Redesigned the back-testing software into a service-oriented applications and cut the execution time by 75%.
- Documented over 32 studies to index user insights, system maintaining, security, and backup
The person reading your Senior Php Developer resume will be busy, make sure you never waste their time with fluff.
Action verbs for your senior PHP developer resume
Impressing recruiters with a top senior php developer resume skills section
Checklist for an impressive Senior Php Developer resume skills section:
- List both hard and technical skills that are important for the role;
- Check what the job description says and add some keywords based on that;
- Focus only on relevant skills;
- Try not to list things such as “communication”; rather, highlight your soft skills in other sections of your Senior Php Developer resume.
Top skills for your senior PHP developer resume
Teamwork and communication
Creative problem solving
Owning up to errors
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Senior php developer resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your senior php developer resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Senior Php Developer resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Crafting a strong summary for your senior PHP developer resume
Checklist: The perfect Senior PHP Developer resume summary section
- Add a couple of keywords from the job description;
- Mention some of your most valuable skills and characteristics;
- Highlight your top achievements (and add numbers!);
- Use no more than 3-5 sentences to guarantee readability and keep - the hiring manager interested.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
An impressive education section: Senior PHP Developer resume
Senior php developer resume: education section checklist
- Highlight your highest education degree;
- Include the degree subject, year of graduation, and institution name;
- Mention some of the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- List your certifications (incl. the body that’s issued them);
- Entry-level positions: Give preference to courses that are relevant to the position.
Top Certifications for your Senior PHP Developer resume
The Complete Junior to Senior Web Developer Roadmap (2022)
Go from Junior Developer to Senior Developer. Learn all the technical skills Senior Web Developers know!
How to Become a Senior Developer - Beyond coding skills
The path to becoming a senior developer is clear, with these easily applicable lessons on mastering your craft
The Web Developer Bootcamp 2022
COMPLETELY REDONE - The only course you need to learn web development - HTML, CSS, JS, Node, and More!
The Complete 2022 Web Development Bootcamp
The Complete Web Developer in 2022: Zero to Mastery
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
"The Right Format for Your Senior Php Developer Resume"
When it comes to formatting your Senior Php Developer resume, there are certain things you need to keep in mind. These include your level of expertise, your total years of experience, and the position and company you’re applying for, to name a few.
You can choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological format is just that – all your experience listed in a reverse-chronological way. It’s great for experienced professionals who have been in the industry for many years and have no career gaps.
The functional skills-based resume, on the other hand, focuses on skills, education, and personality traits, rather than experience. This makes it great for graduates, people with less experience, or bigger career gaps. The idea is to show you’re the perfect match without putting too much emphasis on your lack of relevant experience.
If none of these sound suitable, go for a hybrid (or combination) resume. It’s a mix of experience, skills, and personality traits. It’s also considered modern and innovative because of its non-traditional structure and sections. Here, you can add details about what your typical day looks like or what your life philosophy is. In short, the hybrid resume format shows who you are, both as a professional and as an individual.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Senior Php Developer resume stand out
Test your draft Senior Php Developer resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
More sections worth adding to your senior php developer resume
If the industry, company, and position you’re applying for allow for that, you could include other sections in your Senior Php Developer resume. By doing this, you’ll show the recruiter that you’re a real human and not a robot.
Here are some ideas:
The right kind of creativity for your senior php developer resume
Several years ago, everyone preferred keeping a safe distance from creative resumes. Today, adding creativity to your CV is considered cool, innovative, and one of the best ways to stand out.
You can add a creative section that describes your typical day or even go for a colorful creative template. No matter what you choose, make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk looking silly.
What makes a great senior php developer resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.