According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Golang Developer positions are at a 22% growth rate, which is much faster than average. With that said, there are currently 1,847,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 409,500 to 2,257,400 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Golang Developer jobs was $110,140 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $65,210, and the highest 10% more than $170,100.
Our conclusion? The Golang Developer job market is wide open for candidates.
Top golang developer sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your Golang developer resume experience section
Golang developer resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Golang Developer resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- The project was a version 2.0 of BookMyShow Ticketing System. Previous version was on .NET
- Using Go programming language to handle the back-end of the ticketing system.
- Using GRPC protocol to communicate between different microservices and voltDB as an in memory clustered database.
- Defined the entire architecture of the system and the user flow for each use case.
- The project was an event hosting web app, and I was working on the development of REST APIs for the application.
- Using GO Programming Language (Golang) to develop all the backend of manage, micro-site, sale, media, payment, and notification API's. The -MongoDB in backend and Content Management System developed in ReactJS.
- All the REST APIs were handled by GoLang.
- The project was an iOS App, and I was working on development of REST APIs for that application.
- Using GO Programming Language (Golang) to develop all the middle ware for the iOS Application, the -MongoDB backend and Content Management System developed in AngularJS.
- All the REST APIs were handled by Golang using echo and MGO framework.
- Worked in a team of 12 people to build a software for dynamic business monitoring.
- Gain expertise in Golang.
- Develop and Maintain customer product.
- Worked in Agile Methodology.
- Reduced processing cost by 80% by replacing cloud based infrastructure with bare-metal Go-Lang services.
- Reduced vendor issues by 40% via timeline dashboards.
- Improved data quality, system uptime by reporting statistics for data pipelines.
- Handled metadata at the rate of 100k per sec delivered over Kafka.
- Store high speed metadata in object store with statistics published.
- Fetched content specified in metadata intercepts over HTTP.
- Maintained log for successful and failed metadata and content.
- Designed and implemented highly scalable microservice-based service
- Build integrations between this application and external applications using REST API
- Created schemas in database for efficient data storage
- Developed a well-structured, maintainable and easy to understand application backend while adhering to the defined coding standards
- Refactored old codebase to reduce complexity while providing a better flexibility and code reuse
- Built reusable code and libraries for future use
- Created and executed unit test cases and contributed to test automation
- Assisted in writing technical approach and created technical documentation in linewith client’s requirements
- Lead a remote team of two with Scrum; Automate development with Github CI/CD tools
- Design and Implement an audiobook platform similar to Audible (https://ting.baojiayin.com)
- Fast Iteration and flexible API with Apollo GraphQL and Prisma
- Take advantage of cloud infrastructure on Alibaba cloud, such as Docker Swarm, Load balancing, Block storage, CDN, MySQL, Redis, etc.
- On early days, I also do E-commerce system development based on open source solution Magento
- Launched an Egghead-like online learning platform for Web developer
- Golang with GraphQL as backend and Gatsby as frontend
- Content marketing on popular Chinese social networks like Wechat and Zhihu
- Microservice design and implementation in golang
- CI/CD pipeline design and implementation
- Rest API design with swagger
- Design and implementation an ad solution for the TF1's vod platform
- Development of a metrology tool in order to measure and analyze the ad requests
- Migration of CI-CD environment to aws
- Back-end development remote
- Using tech stack of REST, GraphQL, gRPCSOLID, DDD, TDD, FSM, HATEOAS...php: laravel, symfony, phpunit, blackfire...golang: gin, go-kit, sqlx, amqp...CI/CD: jenkins, gitlabSQL: postgresql, mysql, clickhousedevops: docker, k8s, elk, prometheus, zabbix, ansible, nginxcsv: gitide: phpstorm, datagrip, goland, vimelasticsearch, sphinx, redis, rabbitmq, jira, bash...
- Developed >20 php and >10 golang projects
Include quantitative data throughout your Golang Developer resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your Golang developer resume
Top golang developer skills for your resume."
Golang developer resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Golang Developer resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your Golang developer resume
Teamwork and communication
Creative problem solving
Owning up to errors
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Golang developer resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your Golang developer resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Golang Developer resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Craft a strong Golang developer resume summary
Golang developer resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections:
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top Certifications for Your Golang Developer Resume
Go: The Complete Developer's Guide (Golang)
Master the fundamentals and advanced features of the Go Programming Language (Golang)
Learn How To Code: Google's Go (golang) Programming Language
The Ultimate Comprehensive Course - Perfect for Both Beginners and Experienced Developers
Building Modern Web Applications with Go (Golang)
Learn to program in Go from an award winning university professor
Go Bootcamp: Master Golang with 1000+ Exercises and Projects
Master and Deeply Understand Google's Go from Scratch with Illustrated In-Depth Tutorials & 1000+ Hands-On Exercises.
Master Go (Golang) Programming:The Complete Go Bootcamp 2022
Google's Go (Golang) from Beginner to Pro. Become a Professional Golang Programmer from Scratch.With Hands-On Exercises!
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Golang Developer. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Drafting a Job-winning Golang Developer Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Golang Developer resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
Test your draft Golang Developer resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections worth including in your golang developer resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
A golang developer resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great Golang developer resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.