According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Assistant Business Manager positions are at a 14% growth rate, which is faster than average. With that said, there are currently 907,600 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 124,400 to 1,032,000 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Assistant Business Manager jobs was $87,660 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $50,990, and the highest 10% more than $156,840.
Our conclusion? The Assistant Business Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top assistant business manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to write an assistant business manager resume experience section
Assistant business manager resume experience: checklist
- Use either chronological or reverse-chronological format when listing your previous jobs;
- Mention only relevant positions that add value to your resume;
- Briefly state the challenges you’ve faced and how you’ve overcome them;
- Highlight the results from your efforts (for bonus points, add numbers, percentage rates, etc.);
- Forget about buzzwords! Use power verbs instead.
Use the examples below to build your own experience section!
- Executed partner´s move from transactional to contractual business
- Successfull engagement of new partners in colaboration with other business units: LES, Enterprise Sales and Services, SPO.
- Increased supplies business within Printing partners and vice-versa
- Managing relationships with an active and varied customer base of 2700.
- Leading, developing and coaching the business team.
- Responsible for a yearly turnover of 6.5million dollars.
- I worked my way up from a front of house sales manager to the Business Manager of a Flagship store with no previous B2B experience.
- Built a number of strategies, leading to a YoY revenue growth of 36%.
- Designed a training plan, increasing conversion rates from 3% to 10%.
- Became the point person for the 'onboarding' training for new Business Managers across the UK.
- Designed and facilitated a number of events to drive new business leads, including the largest networking event held by Apple in the UK.
- Extensive knowledge using SAP CRM, Apple productivity software and MS Office.
- Complete regular data analysis to produce business development plans for the region.
- Collaborated with the rest of the management team to ensure the Vision and Purpose of the business plans are delivered in a successful and timely manner.
- Amazon USA Shop Management
- Amazon PPC
- Etsy product Listing and SEO
- eBay Product Listing and SEO
- Facebook Shop, Google Marchant account setup and management.
- Amazon BFA Store Management (Inventory)
- Etsy Store Management
- eBay Store Management
- Facebook Shop Management
- Paid Marketing on Associate Social Channels
- Amazon FBA store management (Inventory)
- Amazon PPC
- A+ Content Creation
- BM Lead for PA Gaming, consistently No.1 MS in PA region with 500-550k annual shipment
- 10% YoY growth in shipment quantity
- Provide insight to product and partner strategies for decision makers and develop a unique selling proposition that resonates with the field
- Overall responsibility: product management, product SKU planning & strategy, transition plan, and business related strategic decision
- Solution BM for Intel, AMD and Microsoft
- Present Acer Gaming strategy to executives of key vendors/customers
- Handled KRA's Stock management, Stakeholder Management, Superior guest experience and Operations efficiency.
- Contributed to 48 % sales growth within 6 months for a start-up company
- Increased online customer base by 30% through the implementation of a social media strategy and the development of the company mobile application
- Achieved highest take from the assigned portfolio of owners by managing the relationship, issue resolution and owner alignment on key issues
- Negotiated agreements with key accounts to increase market share 30%
- Got to know about futuristic Plasma Therapy and how it works in different rare indications
- Utilized and evolved persuasion and negotiation skills
- Client Regain , Client retention and client conversion.
- Finished latest Fiscal Year (FY) 19-20 with an individual attainment at 23% of revenue sales target
- YOY Sales improvement for during 2015-2020 was 12%.
- Aggressive Acquisition plans lead to 35% Market share & Ensuring new dealer appointment in weak areas.
- Successful coaching and Training of Sales executive, ASPIRE candidates and New Hire colleagues
- Maintain knowledge on all competitor products and services and analyse all advantages and disadvantages for various products.
- Recruited Entire AP team of 5 MEs
- Generated PCPM of 1.80 lac with in first 11 months .
- Generated 23 Prescribers avg. per ME with in first 5 months
- Lead a team of 30+ people to strengthen the Toyota Dealership network in South Punjab Region.
- Manage and develop the strong relationship with the dealers.
- Manage and improve service market share, customer retention and parts sales at Toyota dealerships by planning and executing different marketing activties and sales promotions.
- Ensure achievement of agreed targets/KPIs for all dealerships in the region.
- Responsible for the sales and promotions of all value chain products at the dealerships.
- Ensure adherence to all Toyota standards by conducting audits at dealerships.
- Train, motivate and develop sales team to improve sales of parts and value chain products.
- Develop, implement and optimize the business strategies and promotional plans with the dealerships to meet all business objctives.
- Leading a team of 30+ people to strengthen the Toyota Dealershipnetwork in South Punjab Region.
- Enhancing service market share, customer retention and parts sales at Toyota dealerships by planning and executing different marketing activties and sales promotions.
- Ensuring achievement of agreed targets/KPIs of all dealerships in theregion.
- Managing the sales and promotions of all value chain products like Toyota Insurance, Toyota Extended warranty and Toyota maintenance packages.
- Responsible for training and developing sales teams to maximize parts and value chain products sales.
- Coordinating daily restaurant management operations
- Responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Responsible for Business Management, Human Resources, Marketing and Office Management. Successfully oversee 30+ staff and contractors.
- Decreased company's expenses by 10.9%, from previous year through implementation of processes and procedures to maximize efficiency, re-negotiate contracts and minimize labor.
- Reduced company medical insurance premiums by 30% and provided much improved benefits plan through negotiated PEO agreement.
- Develop and execute company’s functional standard of operations, policies, employee handbooks, & procedure processes.
- Provide monthly reporting and propose action plans on any issues; interpret financial reports/data to effectively manage the business.
- Interface with finance to review quarterly budgets to make sure the company is operating lean & efficiently.
- Work with company leaders to define, launch, and drive the company’s critical strategic, organizational & operational direction.
- Create engaging content for email marketing campaigns and social media accounts: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Lead planning, organizing, executing periodic employees engagement and appreciation events.
- Championed the attainment of periodic sales KPIs
- Seconded the Commercial manager to support sales teams and distributor key account management
- Led a team of sales and marketing executives in a promotional campaign that resulted in increased sales of $100k and the company exceeding its monthly sales targets by 25%
- Project Manager for New Businesses working alongside the CEO
- Planning and over-seeing nationwide HR-program to recruit as well as retain colleagues within the logistic area of the business
- Planning and performing regular stakeholder and board meetings with Agenda, protocol and organisation
- Developing the Strategy 2030 together with the CEO
- P&L Responsible (> 3 Mio€/year)
- Directed and managed over than 40 people
- Developed a large range of services across different industries
- Have created the Competence Center of several services in Portugal. Responsible for leading the Portugue Affiliate for other countries and Affiliates. The Portuguese affiliate is now a reference for those services in the Group by the quality and innovation impregnated in each of the services.
- Procured and completed monetary transactions legally and ethically using JM&A finance procedures
- Exemplary presentation, closing, and negotiation skills
- Responsible for increasing back end sales by an average of 67% while enhancing overall customer satisfaction
- Business development: Prospecting and development of a customer portfolio
- Recruitment and management of a team of consultants
- Profit center management: Financial and sales management
- Setting up and testing Strategic, Financial, Human Resource and operational systems and controls.
- Financial management skills that involves preparation of budgets, reports, transactions monitoring and recording, company accounts management, cost management for the group, resource allocations, planning and improvement.
- Have gained interest and and acquired skills in mobile technology as a way to ease business and customer touch points and have been tasked to always ensure system functioning in liaison with the system developers, as well as user friendly creativity and innovation.
- Applied my strong interpersonal skills for effective team management and leadership, including demonstrated team spirit, performance improvement, staff relationships, staff development & personal growth.
In writing your Assistant Business Manager resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action verbs for your assistant business manager resume
Assistant business manager resume: the skills section!
How to write a strong assistant business manager resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your assistant business manager resume
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Assistant business manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your assistant business manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Assistant Business Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
A career summary for your assistant business manager resume
Things to include in your assistant business manager resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Assistant business manager resume: the education section
Things to include in your resume's education section:
- Your highest education degree – including course, year of graduation, institution;
- Awards received as part of your education;
- Extracurricular activities that have helped you gain relevant skills;
- Certifications that have helped you master new skills and increase your expertise;
- Entry-level applicants only: relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your assistant business manager resume
New Virtual Assistant Business: Launch Your Business in 2022
Launch your own VA business with this foundational course. Plan, manage, and grow your business and clients with ease!
Must-Have Tools for Virtual Assistants in 2022
Step by step tutorials for over 30 tools that will make your Virtual Assistant business and productivity skyrocket!
Microsoft Excel Masterclass for Business Managers
Microsoft Excel for Business - Excel Formulas and Functions, Excel Charts, Excel Analytics, Shortcuts & Excel Macros
Business Communication Skills: Business Writing & Grammar
Professional communication skills: Business writing, English grammar, business English, email, and presentations skills
Must-Have Skills (Training) for Virtual Assistants in 2022
Get training for the most frequently requested services (+ free delegation eBook and TONS of templates and scripts).
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Assistant Business Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Choosing the right format for your assistant business manager resume
In general, there are three basic formats for your resume:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Some things to consider when choosing the right format for your Assistant Business Manager resume include the stage of your career, whether you have all the right skills required for the job or are looking for an industry change, and what field you’re looking to grow in.
The reverse-chronological resume format is the most common one. It lets you describe your most recent job and then move backward. This makes it great for people who have around or less than 10 years of experience and are looking to highlight only their work-related skills and qualities.
If you’re just starting your career journey and reverse-chronological resumes sound too demanding, go for the functional resume format. It’s ideal for showcasing your strengths, personal qualities, skills, education, and the courses you’ve taken, without putting too much pressure on experience and expertise.
Don’t worry if neither of these sounds suitable for you – the hybrid or combination resume format will surely match your needs. It’s similar to the reverse-chronological, but with a catchy twist. Combination or hybrid resumes are great for showcasing both your experience and work-related skills and your personal qualities. Add a “What my day looks like” section for enhancing the jaw-dropping experience!
Here are some more things worth remembering when it comes to formatting your Assistant Business Manager resume:
- Choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts sized 10-12p;
- Match the length of your Assistant Business Manager resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates – use them only when applying for executive positions;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid formatting issues and potential unauthorized editing.
Tired of getting rejected? Check out this article on how to craft a resume that stands out!
Test your draft Assistant Business Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections suitable for your assistant business manager resume
Depending on the position and the industry, you can spice your resume up by adding some more sections. They will help the recruiter get a glimpse of who you are as a person, besides all your job-related skills and qualities.
Here are some examples:
How to add creativity to your assistant business manager resume
Gone are the days when creative resumes were frowned upon by recruiters!
What’s more, the right amount of creativity will make recruiters remember you and want to learn more about who you are – both as an individual and as a professional.
There are two ways to build a creative resume - add creative sections or go for a more creative design approach in general. Go for whatever suits you, the position, and the industry most!
What makes a great assistant business manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.