Few companies can claim to have achieved an all-around value through change like Accenture can.
This is a company that can pride itself on moving forward and working with integrity and care for its employees.
What Accenture values in a candidate for such a position is definitely someone who can embody the same core principles and help them embody them.
Are you confused about how exactly you can show them just that through your resume?
Don’t give it a second thought!
This is precisely what this guide is here to help you with.
We will help you to better understand these Accenture values and how to make sure your resume makes it clear that you share them too.
This is how you stay a step ahead of the competition!
Keep on reading the guide and check out the many examples. For something extra, be sure to take a look at our amazing resume builder.
What you’ll learn here
- How to include your experiences in an applicable way
- How your strengths show your future potential in the company
- How your achievements make you shine even brighter
- How to be clear, but more importantly - have a creative resume
Looking for related resumes?
- Senior Finance Manager Resume Example
- Team Lead Resume Example
- Associate Software Engineer Resume Example
- Management Consultant Resume Example
- Computer Systems Analyst Resume Example
- IT Project Manager Resume Example
- IT Consultant Resume Example
- Finance Analyst Resume Example
- Business Analyst Resume Example
How to write an Accenture resume
What is your goal in a resume when applying for a position in such a high-class company as Accenture?
It is to present them with the image of your vision combined with theirs.
And Accenture’s vision is one of positive change, especially through trust.
Just as their CEO is saying in this quote, the main way to assure trust in a relationship, even if that relationship is between a company and its clients, is to be transparent.
Now, what this mostly entails is being honest in the way you present yourself.
That is the first step you have to make to achieve if you desire any kind of relationship with Accenture.
What drives this company forward is definitely important to consider!
A main aspect of the company’s core values is, of course, equality and diversity.
Because Accenture believes that it is not only important to strive for inclusion that can lead to a better change in the future, but it is also the right thing to do.
And standing up for your principles is an amazing sign of integrity.
How do you present all of this in one single resume?
The first thing is that you definitely have to show through a great experience section how you have:
- united your vision with previous employers
- helped them achieve greater heights, just as you plan on doing here
Listing the skills you already possess is a thing that will let them know a bit more about you.
It is also quite crucial that you put forward the necessary minimal competency for the position through your education section.
If you keep on reading, we will give you a lot more tips on how to get hired at the desired position in Accenture!
Accenture resume formats
These resume formats are exactly what you’ll need for a resume that will get you in Accenture:
- Reverse-chronological resumes are the ideal choice for people just starting in the industry.
- Functional resumes are for transferable skills when changing career paths
- Hybrid Resumes are the professional standard
Take these tips into consideration as well:
A good resume header is your starting point
What you’d want in a resume is to capture the recruiter’s attention and hold it.
And the only way to begin on that path is by not losing them from the beginning.
How do you make sure of that?
You have to have a clear and precise header section to start everything off.
As a senior finance manager, you have to already know that confusing someone with an official document is not the right way to have a good first impression on someone.
That is precisely why there are only a few things you ought to include in a header section. Here is a list of those things:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Current location
- LinkedIn profile link
Your email is their main way of correspondence with you, so it should not be something silly and should be the same as all your other social media correspondence and your ID.
The job title you state at the beginning is totally up to you, but it has to make one thing clear - what is the position for which you’re applying.
This is a great example of how to make the perfect resume header.
An Accenture resume summary that will hold the gaze
What is the main function of the summary section?
As you’ve probably guessed from the title, it is to keep the attention of a recruiter on your resume.
And that is done when the recruiter can clearly see that the things you’ve mentioned in this section are relevant to your candidature in Accenture.
What this section is especially good at is showing what you can bring to Accenture and what your intentions for your future in the company are.
Take a look at some resume examples and other vital things to include:
- Your years of experience in the field
- Valuable certification you have earned
- Your managerial capabilities
- That you can recruit new personnel
- That you can limit client turnover
2 IT Project Manager resume summary examples
This is how you show your impact with an Accenture-worthy resume experience
Let the truth be your greatest weapon!
That is the principle you should have in mind when writing the experience section on your resume. But the right way to express the truth has to also show how you can be useful for Accenture.
What is the one thing you should avoid when creating this section?
Lying! Getting blacklisted from hiring committees is something that can ruin your career.
Some of the things you can mention as an IT consultant are:
- How you have provided assistance and support to different consulting teams
- How you have performed data model mapping and data transformation
- How you have developed Extraction utilities using java
It would also be great to use action verbs, numbers, and power words to accentuate your accomplishments!
- Determined changes, recommended quality software, and projected modifications of software systems
- Managed a team responsible for developing an EHR system
- Acted as IT consultant in improving and maintaining software systems
- Recognized by the CEO of the company for increasing the client base
Yes, the bullet points of the first candidate are well structured.
However, they lack measurable data points.
As a result, recruiters cannot decide whether you are a go-getter.
Do not make such mistakes! Add quantitative data, active verbs, and power words when you construct your Experience section.
- Determined changes, recommended quality software, projected modifications of 10+ software systems
- Managed an 11-person team responsible for developing an EHR system
- Acted as IT consultant and business analyst in improving and maintaining software systems for 5 companies in healthcare and high-tech
- Recognized by the CEO of the company for increasing the client base by 10% thanks to my deep expertise in healthcare computer systems
Team Lead resume experience examples
- Guided the creation and implementation of marketing strategies
- Managed employees and monitored projects
- Increased sales over the course of 2 years
- Assigned tasks and reported to the project manager daily
These two examples are both cohesive and grab attention.
However, the second one is a piece of art when it comes to resume building,
Unsurprisingly, this candidate has a bigger chance of landing the interview.
- Guided the creation and implementation of 4 marketing strategies
- Managed a team of 10 employees and monitored 10+ projects
- Increased sales by more than 30% over the course of 2 years
- Assigned tasks to 10+ employees and reported to the project manager daily
Technical skills on your Accenture resume that are a must
Every job has a technical core to it that just couldn’t be replaced.
And just the same, being a business analyst also has a very solid part to it that you need when applying for a job like that.
You have to know how to create the value that the clients seek.
That is something Accenture knows a lot about, and you have to show them that you definitely have what it takes to do just that!
Of course, there are many hard skills that can be useful in such a position, but let’s take a look at some of the main ones that will keep you high on the list of any recruiter.
- Comprehending an organization’s goal and problems and devising plans to help one and improve the other
- Negotiation is a crucial part of any inter-personal dealings, but to do so you also have to be able to make a cost-benefit analysis
- Ability to work with programming languages
- Having an understanding of databases
Just to be sure you have all that down and get some bonus skills, check the ones listed below!
A business analyst should possess a wide variety of skills, especially when they wish to apply for a position at a company like Accenture.
One of the main things, no matter how good you are at the more technical side of the job, you have to be able to also speak to people.
So what would be extremely valued would be your ability to communicate with your team.
The right way to show recruiters just that is to include in your resume and in this section your soft skills.
Just below, you can see some of the ones we recommend you include.
Let your talents speak to your strengths
What recruiters also want to see is how your individual proficiencies will fit in with the company dynamic.
And the best way to show them that is by incorporating your answer to such a question in your strengths section.
As a solutions architect, what Accenture will want to see in you are definitely skills such as infrastructure development, cloud security, and critical thinking.
Furthermore, something they will appreciate are also talents like leadership and being a go-getter.
Should you simply mention these and move on?
What you have to do here is add a couple of words as proof that you have acquired these talents.
It would be great if you could back them up with some quantitative data, but be sure not to go overboard.
One sentence is quite enough.
This is how you include a strengths section, but if you want to learn more, take a look at the examples below!
My Philosophy section: bond with recruiters
Do you think you should share really personal information on a professional resume?
Of course not! And we’re not saying otherwise.
My philosophy section is not used in a resume to overshare everything about yourself so that recruiters will like you more as a person.
What it is though is a way to show that the way you handle difficult situations and life, in general, is also something that you can apply at your job.
If your personal philosophy is, for example, that you want to help people and be the person in their lives that offers answers when there seem to be too many questions, then that is something absolutely unique and perfect for many positions out there.
Being a team lead or taking up any kind of managerial job, you have to know not only how to have people work for you but to know how to also aid them in their work when needed.
And nothing offers such a good way to show this to recruiters like the My Philosophy section.
If you want to take a better look at some examples, you can check out the ones below!
The achievements that you should not forget on your Accenture application resume
You should acknowledge the fact that you are a professional with a few years of experience under your belt.
This would mean that you have already made some kind of impact in your field.
In other sections, you have already mentioned strengths and skills, but there are other results too.
Results can also speak to not only the base level of competence you’re going to require for the job but also a certain degree of excellence.
But what can you mention in an achievements section that you just can’t quite put in any other?
Specific successes you have had in the field.
Successes that have already been recognized by others and that have earned you a reputation and respect.
For a financial analyst that has set their mind on working in Accenture, such an achievement can be an Academic Scholar title or being a winner of a Freddie Mac Above and Beyond award.
These are just some of the things that put you above other candidates in the recruiter’s minds.
The value of having an education section
A position you can definitely find in Accenture is that of a solutions architect.
And what such a job would definitely require is a Bachelor in Computer Science and an MBA in Finance.
But what do such degrees really show recruiters?
Some very important base-level things without which the hiring committee would not continue with your resume or discount it indefinitely.
Of course, this is not to say that the only section you should have on a resume is the education one.
However, you should keep in mind that however much this helps you, there is still much to learn and show.
Here are some things this section does not offer you:
- Proof of your ability to handle every part of your new job
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the company
- Proof that you’ll be able to incorporate Accenture’s core values in your work and management.
But this is not something that you should let discourage you.
You have other sections to show these things to you.
What the education section does contribute to the overall resume is this:
- Explanation of prior gaps in employment
- Relevance for the sought position
- It very much displays your long-term investment
And if you wish to learn a bit more on how to write the perfect education section this is how.
Certificates: signs of dedication
This section is absolutely crucial for any resume. Especially for one used to applying for a job in a company such as Accenture.
You might wonder what this section gives you that others don’t.
The answer is simple. Dedication and motivation!
These are the things that certificates show recruiters.
You present how committed you are to the field and to your work in it.
And what is more, you also show just exactly how motivated you are to continue learning and growing in the industry.
If you have a look below, you can see some ideal examples of what certificates a great solutions architect candidate could put on their resume!
Ask a colleague for a reference
Back in the day, people got jobs not based on fancy listings of skills and experiences, they just got recommended by someone that knew them.
And although today that won’t completely cut it alone, it is still extremely valuable for a resume.
And that is where the references section comes in!
How can you show recruiters that your previous work in a team filled with professionals was not only beneficial for the company, but also created a healthy working environment?
You just have someone from that environment vouch for you as a person and as an employee.
A lot of old practices may not be applicable in today’s modern world, but having someone say a kind word about you is never anything that can work as a minus for you.
- The header and the summary are where everything begins
- Listing relevant experiences is what every resume needs
- Let your skills and strength show your impact
- Your achievements are what shines
- The references on your resume should not be underestimated