Professional Communications Coordinator Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
You have the experience, skills, and passion to be a superstar communications coordinator. But first, you have to impress the hiring manager with a stand-out communications coordinator resume.
The tips below will help you write a resume that lands you an interview for your dream job.
You are about to make a career change? Then go through our 10 Career Change Resume Tips (with examples) and see what you’re missing out.
Perfect your Communications Coordinator resume experience with numbers and results
Communications CoordinatorHave Collection ColombiaFashion Company (Chile, Argentina, Colombia) Communications CoordinatorPSU's Center of Public ServiceWorcestershire County Council serves over 500,000 citizens living across the county of Worcestershire. Communications CoordinatorCanadian Internet Registration AuthorityCo-owned financial services businesses
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Communications Coordinator resume:
- Related experience - Hiring managers will first search for related experience in either marketing, communications, PR or advertising.
- Creativity - Outstanding communications coordinators come up with creative ideas and bring them to life. Show off your creativity by highlighting projects you’re most proud of.
- Computer proficiency - You will need to know how to use popular computer programs and software. Here are just a few: Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Photoshop, Hubspot, Salesforce, Analytics, etc.
- Team player - Collaborating with a team of marketers, designers and developers is part of the job. Recruiters want to hire a candidate that can excel working both alone and in a team.
- Written and verbal communication - For a communications coordinator position, it’s obvious that you need to be a strong communicator. Demonstrate your mix of written and verbal communication skills in your resume.
PRO TIPYour past work, passion projects, or portfolio will go a long way in helping you land an interview for your dream job. Add links to your LinkedIn profile, personal website, YouTube channel or portfolio in your resume header to stand out.
How to describe your Communications Coordinator resume skills
- Social Media
Use our AI pre-written phrases to show off your Communications Coordinator skills for resume]
How to use HTML in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Responsibilities included daily updating of the sites (XML, HTML, CMS), content promotion, SEO, and producing a biweekly e-newsletter
How to use Wordpress in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Reworked the XytoVet website through WordPress for a better functional experience for users before launch.
How to use Drupal in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Assisted with online content strategy initiatives including (but not limited to) content and social media audits, content production (text, videography, photography, virtual tours), SEO keyword research
-Spearheaded, storyboarded, and directed all department website video shoots (alongside videographer)
-Creation and maintenance of content calendar (and training members of each engineering department within the faculty to practice content planning)
-Knowledge of and familiarity with content management systems (i.e.Wordpress and Drupal)
-Write news stories and press releases for the faculty (i.e. communicating abstract and scientific concepts into language that is accessible to audiences that don’t necessarily have scientific backgrounds)
-Contribute to the compiling and synthesizing of data and insights and writing of the faculty’s annual strategic plan -Contribute to the faculty’s social media strategy (helped to grow Facebook page by 70% in 9 months, Twitter page by 20% in 6 months, and Instagram account by 21% in 2 months)
How to use Photoshop in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Completed design work including logos, banner ads, web images, social media posts all created through InDesign, Photoshop or Canva.
How to use Social Media in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Supported campaigns through social media, with a 28.9% click through rate for campaign landing pages.
How to use Google Analytics in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Analyzes campaign reports from agencies, and reviews the performance of various owned accounts using Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook Insights, and Sysomos Heartbeat
How to use Facebook in your Communications Coordinator resume:
Spanish content creator and video producer for social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube)
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Communications Coordinator resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Communications Coordinator resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections