According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Relationship Manager positions are at a 14% growth rate, which is faster than average. With that said, there are currently 907,600 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 124,400 to 1,032,000 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Relationship Manager jobs was $87,660 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $50,990, and the highest 10% more than $156,840.
Our conclusion? The Relationship Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top relationship manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a memorable experience section: relationship manager resume edition
Checklist: ways to make your experience section stand out
- Find balance: use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- Use action verbs when describing your responsibilities and results;
- Highlight your achievements by adding numbers to them (e.g. instead of saying “achieved a steady increase in…”, say “achieved an X% increase in…”);
- Prove that you’re willing to work hard, both individually and in a team.
We’ve gathered the most impressive Relationship Manager experience sections from real Enhancv resumes. Check them out for some additional inspiration!
- Team lead focused on growing Institutional Debt & Equity accounts.
- Design enterprise implementation & training curriculums.
- Conceptualized custom usage reports in Power BI for account reviews.
- To execute, organize and manage the relations with Key clients- Municipalities, included in the entrusted client portfolio;
- To achieve the budget and commercial tasks;
- Single point of contact of the Client with the Bank;
- To achieve the budget and commercial targets, assigned to my portfolioon yearly base;
- To meet regularly and service efficiency and professionally the clients ofthe entrusted portfolio, consulting them and negotiating conditions forbanking products and services to the amount of the approvedauthorities;
- To follow strictly the Internal Corporate rules for lending in the analysisof the loan deals;
- To monitor the quality of the extended loans through collecting andanalyzing information about the clients as they are part of the Public sector;
- To prepare presentations, offers and tender documents for bank services.
- Executed, organized and managed the relations with Corporate clients,included in the entrusted client portfolio. I executed the budget andcommercial tasks, take actions for new client acquisition.
- Till the end of 2009, a part of the Clients were International ones.
- I was a single point of contact of the Client with the Bank;
- Achieved the budget and commercial targets, assigned to my portfolioon yearly base;
- Met regularly and service efficiency and professionally the clients ofthe entrusted portfolio, consulting them and negotiating conditions forbanking products and services to the amount of the approvedauthoriti
- Developed and updated a list of potential clients in the region and todetermine and apply commercial strategy for client acquisition incompliance with the corporate banking strategy;
- Assisted in handling of inquiries and complaints from the Clients in theportfolio;
- Followed strictly the Internal rules for corporate lending in the analysisof the loan deals;
- Monitored the quality of the extended loans through collecting andanalyzing information about the clients and their business;
- Helped the sales force from other segments in making contacts withclients from my portfolio in order to make cross sales of products;
- Supported the Relationship Managers' activity as a second point ofcontact for the Corporate clients.
- Supported the Regional Director and Relationship managers in theirdaily activities;
- Collected the necessary business information about the clients in theRMs' portfolio;
- Prepared reports at regional level for the needs of Corporate andInternational Banking Division;
- Prepared proposal to Regional Director and Relationship Managersfor special pricing, tariff deviations and s.o.
- Coordinated the activities with the other bank units, servicingCorporate clients;
- Manage Middle-Market clients in Commercial Banking with annual sales revenue between $20 million to $500 million.
- Develop Commercial Banking relationships with Middle-Market prospects.
- Partner with a team of experts to deliver City National's Bank's full range of commercial domestic and international banking and credit products: Working Capital Line of Credit, Commercial Real Estate, Syndication Financing, Equipment Leasing, and Surplus Liquidity Management.
- Develop new business and relationships with Centers of Influence in the industry and other business referral sources.
- Cross-sell deposit, trade, treasury management services, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management, and other services.
- Originate, perform credit analyses, structure and underwrite complex transactions including Asset Based Lending (ABL) and Non-ABL, Commercial Real Estate (CRE) for proposing terms, conditions, covenants for commercial deals between $1 million to $30 million.
- Managed Middle-Market clients in Commercial Banking with annual sales revenue ranging from $8 million to $500 million.
- Developed commercial banking relationship with Middle-Market prospects.
- Developed new business and relationship with Center of Influence (COI's) in the industry and other business referral sources.
- Cross-sold deposit, trade treasury management services, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management and other banking services.
- Originated, performed credit analyses, structure and underwrite complex transactions including ABL and Non-ABL, CRE for proposing terms, conditions, covenants for commercial deals between $1MM to $30MM.
- Acquired, captured, and retained new small and large business clients with annual sales revenue $2MM - $30MM that also involved complex credit and cash management solutions.
- Built collaborative internal and external relationship to provide the best in client advice and service, developed the business to ensure a seamless experience for clients with multiple products and services.
- Managed three Junior Relationship Managers at JPMorgan Chase and provided coaching and mentoring.
- Used knowledge of business, banking, finance, credit risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within the risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Protected the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Served as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of business clients.
- Acquired, managed and grew portfolios of 300 mid-size client companies with annual gross sales revenue between $2 - $20 million; achieved P&L growth through excellent servicing and development of these high-value and often complex accounts; recruit new BRM-eligible accounts.
- Risk management of $45 million in loans within portfolio, including renewal of loans/lines of credit; make pay/return decisions; standby letters of credit and commercial letters of credit
- Provided ongoing consultation to existing clients through effectual calling, in-person visits, and identifying the right products and services to meet financial needs.
- Review client financials to ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures, mitigating loan risk and assuring regulatory adherence. Ensured compliance with specific requirements: KYC, BSA/AML; performed due diligence.
- Led a cross-functional team of 50+ associates, responsible for their development in the company
- Generate Business revenue by providing Add on services through the on field managers
- Tracking and improving teams performance to enhance the on field service
- Build Relations with Corporate clients
- Handle HNI customer query and issues through direct communications
- Performing sales along with the on going service visits
- Increasing Business transactions on the POS machine provided by the company to its clients / Merchants
- Achieved the given target consistently for months
- Preparing reports on account status - return rate
- Managing the relationship with a major UK client and increased the overall engagement on returns with 20%
- Resolving complaints and issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Providing clients with comprehensive return instructions and overall return process information
- Taking part in Optimization Project - Webinars by creating presentations and sharing them in front of high level managers
- Clearly communicating the progress of monthly/quarterly results
- Helding weekly meetings to discuss the return rate
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Invoicing discussion - Based on the long outstanding assets
- Working closely with Compliance Team on the annual audit
- Teaching New Hires
- Managing and maintaining the asset recovery relationship with a major UK client
- Processing reports - Global outstanding assets
- Resolving complaints and issues efficiently and in a timely mannner
- Assisting with client requests via email and phone
- Providing clients with comprehensive return instructions and overall return process information
- Taking part in Optimization Projects - Slide preparations and acting as a dedicated POC
- Holding weekly meetings with the assigned relationship customer to discuss monthly/quarterly results and overall engagement
- Initiating invoicing discussion (Based on the long outstanding assets)
- Working with compliance team and the assigned relationship customer to provide overview of the client's engagement and outstanding assets
- Assisting with new hires teaching
- Develop strategies to grow client base and implement appropriate sales plans to target prospective customers
- Developed and retained and deepened long-term relationships with current and potential customers
- Sold banking products and resolved complex service issues for business clients
- Trained and coached relationship officer
- Making Appointment, meeting new Customer
- Lobbying and negotiating with client
- Build partnership and relationship
- Selling Lending and Funding product
- Analysing potential borrowers
- Make proposals credit and credit processing
- Research actively for potential customers.
- Identifying the prospects of company standards and qualifying them as leads.
- Initiating with Cold Calls/Emails.
- Understanding the Customer needs and suggest them the right product.
- Following up customers and arranging Testdrive as per the appointment.
- Handling the objections and competition comparison.
- Negotiations,Pitching the Value added services and closing the deal.
- Post sales follow up.
- Develop new and expands existing High Net worth Customer relationships for liabilities by sourcing customers.
- Sources new bank customers through external individual efforts and acquisition channel.
- Cross sells bank products to existing set of Branch customers which are mapped.
- Informs customers of new products or product enhancements to further expand the banking relationship.
- Plans and conducts special sales initiatives and events for prospective and existing clients.
- Maintains complete relationship record for assigned customer accounts.
- Tracks customer complaints/queries and turnaround times for customer satisfaction.
- A founding member of Sana Cleanse, manage customer service - enquiries, orders, program support, feedback.
- Streamlining Customer Service procedures and developing database.
- Menu and recipe review and adjustment as required by to meet market demands, produce supply or evolving company values.
- Recruiting staff and drivers. Assisting with marketing planning & campaigns, including database and online marketing, seasonal offers, partner programs, sponsorship, event selection & planning.
- Manage daily social media with calendar planning, product photography, original and shared content.
- Driving company sales targets, contributing to growth planning based on market feedback, new products and strong customer relationships.
- Managing development of new website backend, automated CRM solution, manufacturing and delivery modules.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Manager):- Calling & Chat process
- Logistics Manager:- Maintain relation with courier partner
- BRM (BrandRelationship Manager):- Onboarding new brands,maintain relationship
- Achieved targeted sales of Rs 165 crores throughout the year
- Achieved Rs Lakhs of new business in the year 2017-18
- Improved quote management system by analysing business conversion
- Implemented checklist to submit files for timely and error free policy issuance
- Ensure profitability by way of effective underwriting and risk analysis
- Interface between customer and organisation for customer service and satisfaction
- Focus on growing individual and team revenue for a business banking team through lending and deposit production as well as treasury managment and merchant services partnerships
- Develop relationships with internal partners in Business Banking, Commercial Banking and Equipment Finance to increase referrals and revenue
- Network with portfolio customers and COIs to maintain consistent pipelines and revenue growth
- 6th highest total production revenue amongst market RMs in 2020
- Total net loan production of $8,728,570 in 2019, exceeding minimum net production in each of the four fiscal quarters. Exdeeded new money stretch goal in two of the four quarters and led the team in new money production.
- 1 of only 3 branches (out of 45) with year-over-year sales revenue growth
- Grew a profitable book of business to achieve individual and office revenue goals
- Built new client relationships through the development of internal and external centers of influence while cultivating existing client relationships through business development activities, proactively reviewing clients' prospective financial needs and promoting products and services
- Collaborated with business partners to share ideas and joint referrals aimed at inquiring and expanding client relationships to maximize revenue growth
Include quantitative data throughout your Relationship Manager resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your relationship manager resume
Relationship manager resume: Crafting a strong skills section
Do this if you want to make your skills section stand out.
- Check the job advert for keywords and add them to your skills section to pass ATS;
- List only skills that are relevant to the position to keep the hiring manager focused;
- Balance between hard, soft, and technical skills;
- Elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your Relationship Manager resume, e.g. the experience section or your resume’s summary.
Top skills for your relationship manager resume
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Relationship manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your relationship manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Relationship Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
How to write an inspiring relationship manager resume summary
Checklist: Writing a resume summary that makes you stand out
- Keep it short and use well-structured sentences;
- Mention your total years of experience in the field and your #1 achievement;
- Highlight your strengths and relevant skills;
- Add keywords from the company’s website or the job description.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Making the education section of your relationship manager resume stand out
Education section checklist for your relationship manager resume:
- List your highest education degree: including your major, year of graduation, and the institution you attended;
- Highlight the extracurricular activities that have helped you gain additional expertise;
- Share more about the certifications you’ve got, especially if they are relevant to the job position;
- Entry-level applicants: Mention relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your relationship manager resume
Build A Strong Relationship With Your Manager
Re-think how you're working with your manager (you're not "managing up")
Become a Relationship Manager : Corporate Treasury of a Bank
Corporate Banking-Domain Training based on JD and Interview RM-Treasury, Forex Derivatives, Treasury Products, Swaps
Relationship Management in Corporate Banking
How to acquire and manage successful Corporate Client Relationships in Corporate Banking
How to have effective relationships with your managers
How to improve your relationships with the executive management team
Becoming an Office Manager
Office Managers help workplace operations run smoothly by managing workflows, relationships, and strategic initiatives.
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Relationship manager resume: Formatting tips & tricks
Which came first: the hen or the egg? This question reminds us of the thing our resume experts hear most often in their job – which comes first: the content or the format? Well, we advise you to pick the format first and then go on with drafting your resume’s content.
And how do you choose a resume format? Well, based on your applicant profile. In general, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Let’s look at each one of them in more detail:
The reverse-chronological resume format is quite straightforward. Here, you describe all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological form, meaning your latest job comes first. This resume format is great for people with lots of experience and skills who don’t have any career gaps.
If you are a recent graduate or don’t really have much experience in the industry you’re applying for, go for the functional skills-based resume format. This format focuses on skills and character traits, rather than experience. It makes the hiring manager realize you’re the perfect fit for the role without putting too much emphasis on your work history.
And if you’re looking for something a bit more intriguing and exciting, check out the hybrid resume format. It’s a combination of the reverse-chronological and functional skills-based formats, which makes it great for all types of job-seekers. The hybrid resume allows you to showcase both your professional experience and your skills, education, and additional qualifications. If you’re feeling creative, add a separate section about your typical day or life philosophy.
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out
Test your draft Relationship Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections that’ll look good on your Relationship Manager resume
Do you want to move beyond the traditional skills, education, and experience section? Easy-peasy!
Just choose one or two additional sections to help recruiters get a fuller picture of who you are, both as a person and as a professional:
Adding a splash of creativity to your relationship manager resume
Boring resumes are no longer an option if you’re looking to impress recruiters.
And no matter whether you’re looking to give your old resume a new life or want to start building a new one from scratch, being at least moderately creative is always a good idea. Do this by adding a ‘favorite books’ section or even a pie chart of what your typical day looks like.
What makes a great relationship manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.