Top Hotel General Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your Hotel General Manager resume experience section
Hotel General Manager Resume Experience Section Checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Hotel General Manager resume samples to help you.
Check them out before building your own resume!
Hotel General Manager [5-Star Pre-opening Project]
Hotel General Manager Consultancy Contract on Short-term Basis
252-room property in the Bay Chai District with a planned Q2 2022 opening
Driving all pre-opening objectives and re-branding w/ Franchise Partner being Wyndham Hotels + Resorts under the Trademark Collection
Hotel General Manager
Hotel General Manager
conducting investment processes on the premises of the hotel (reconstruction of the hotel's sewage treatment plant)
9.4/10 booking.com Guest reviews
award Best Partner 2012 - Tourism Enterprise "TRIDENT" Ukraine
Dyrektor Hotelu/Hotel General Manager
zwiększenie sprzedaży rok do roku z 3 do 7,5 mln zł., przy zachowaniu poziomu kosztów operacyjnych na proporcjonalnym poziomie
stworzenie od podstaw filozofii i oferty obiektu
budowa i przygotowanie Zespołu, rekrutacja, szkolenie stworzenie struktur i procedur
opracowanie systemu analiz P&L , budżetowania i rozliczania efektywności pracy
bieżące operacyjne zarządzanie całym kompleksem
Hotel General Manager
PowerPro System Rhapsody System VHP System
Preopening 3-star Hotel in Padangsidimpuan with 84 Room keys, 24 hrs room
service, Coffee Shop 180 seat, Lounge 60 seat, 5 Function meeting room,
Ballroom 600 pax, Kaisar Water Park Padangsidimpuan and Restaurant Owner
In writing your Hotel General Manager resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action Verbs for your Hotel General Manager Resume
Finding what the unique words for your Hotel General Manager position are is difficult. That’s why the Enhancv team went through thousands of resumes that got people hired at top companies.
Forget about sounding boring. These action words will help you showcase your strongest personality traits in the most intriguing way possible!
Top Hotel General Manager Skills for Your Resume
Hotel General Manager Resume Skills Section Checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Hotel General Manager resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top Skills for your Hotel General Manager resume
Attentions to details
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
CHECKLIST For Your Hotel General Manager Resume Header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Hotel General Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Craft a Strong Hotel General Manager Resume Summary
Hotel General Manager resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume Summary Formula:
[Adjective] [job title] with [number] years of experience in [industry], a proven ability to [relevant, measurable skills], and a strong background in [relevant context of your work experience] seeks a position as [the job title you’re applying for].
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Highlight Your Education, Certifications, and Courses
What to include in your education and courses sections:
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top Certifications for your Hotel General Manager resume
Learn Hotel Management from Industry Experts
A complete leadership training course for a hotel manager. Become more persuasive and influential in hotel management.
Learn hospitality management basics, dive into hotel operations, succeed in your hospitality career and become a manager
Learn what a hotel is, how it operates and become a better hotel manager
Learn additional forecasting techniques and become a better hotel manager
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Hotel General Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Drafting a Job-winning Hotel General Manager Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your Hotel General Manager resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
An Hotel General Manager Resume that Stands Out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What Makes a Great Hotel General Manager Resume: Key Takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.