Top Bar Back sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to write the perfect Bar Back resume experience section
Writing a Strong Experience Section for Your Bar Back Resume:
- List your previous jobs in chronological or reverse-chronological format;
- Use no more than 4-6 bullets per position;
- Mention only relevant work experience;
- Describe the tasks you were responsible for and how you managed to exceed expectations;
- Show you’re able to take charge by choosing action verbs over buzzwords.
The work experience samples below come from real Bar Back resumes that got people hired at top companies. You can use them as an inspiration to build your own resume:
- Increased efficiency by preparing garnishes, refilling ice and other supplies, and cleaning bar area resulting in 10% faster service times
- Collaborated with bartenders to ensure timely delivery of drinks to customers resulting in a 5% increase in customer satisfaction
- Managed inventory and restocked bar supplies, reducing waste by 15% and saving an estimated $1000 annually
- Assisted in planning and organizing community events such as a charity walkathon, fundraising dinners, and cultural festivals
- Coordinated with vendors, sponsors, and community members to ensure successful execution of events resulting in an average of 300 attendees per event
- Managed event budgets and secured sponsorships and donations, raising over $10,000 in total funds
- Implemented a new inventory management system resulting in a 20% reduction in waste and 15% decrease in stockouts.
- Maintained a clean and organized bar area, resulting in a 10% increase in customer satisfaction surveys.
- Collaborated with bartenders to ensure efficient and timely service during high-volume events, resulting in a 25% increase in revenue during those times.
- Assisted in training new hires and provided ongoing support, resulting in a 50% reduction in onboarding time for new employees.
- Assisted in creating new cocktail recipes and menu offerings, resulting in a 15% increase in beverage sales.
- Implemented a new cleaning schedule for the bar area, resulting in a 20% reduction in customer complaints related to cleanliness.
- Managed inventory and restocked bar supplies, resulting in a 10% decrease in waste and 5% increase in cost savings.
- Collaborated with bartenders to ensure efficient and timely service during high-volume events, resulting in a 30% increase in revenue during those times.
- Stocked and organized bar inventory resulting in a 20% decrease in inventory loss
- Prepared and served an average of 200 drinks per shift with zero complaints
- Collaborated with bartenders to create innovative and unique cocktails
- Prepared and served an average of 150 drinks per shift with a 95% customer satisfaction rating
- Assisted in organizing and hosting private events resulting in a 25% increase in revenue
- Collaborated with the head bartender to create new cocktail recipes
- Served an average of 30 tables per shift resulting in a 20% increase in revenue
- Assisted in creating and updating the menu resulting in increased customer satisfaction
- Maintained a clean and organized dining area resulting in a positive customer experience
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Bar Back job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action Verbs for your Bar Back Resume
Impressing Recruiters with a Top Bar Back Resume Skills Section
Checklist for an impressive Bar Back resume skills section:
- List both hard and technical skills that are important for the role;
- Check what the job description says and add some keywords based on that;
- Focus only on relevant skills;
- Try not to list things such as “communication”; rather, highlight your soft skills in other sections of your Bar Back resume.
Top skills for your bar back resume
Cleaning and Sanitizing
Attention to Detail
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Bar Back resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Things to include in your Bar Back resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Bar Back Resume: How to Choose the Right Format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re a Bar Back with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your Bar Back resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Bar Back resume stand out