Professional Social Worker Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Are you uncertain about the chances of your resume landing an audit and getting you hired?
Don’t worry. What you’re about to read is a one-way ticket to your dream job land.
Go through our full resume header guide for extra insights.
We’ve assembled the most essential details companies look for before hiring social workers.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a social worker resume
- Social work degreez - You must at least have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work to be able to apply and be accepted for most social worker applications.
- Experience z- Do you have related experience working with patients and individuals? Show recruiters that you can manage different job tasks like crisis intervention, treatment plan development, and providing mental health support.
- Interpersonal skillsz - Empathy, body language, and communication are vital skills to show in your resume if you want to make it outstanding.
- Reliable transportationz - Healthcare companies prefer to hire social workers who are autonomous and adaptive to job requirements. You need transportation and a driver’s license to be able to travel to patient homes independently and arrive on time.
- Care management skillsz - These skills include case planning and management, and client needs assessment and response.
PRO TIPDon’t have the strongest experience to feature in your resume? Don’t worry. Social work is a field that requires lots of human interaction and empathy. You can make up for your lack of experience by featuring the right soft skills and certifications. You must also list relevant responsibilities and accomplishments in your experience section.
How to describe your Social Worker resume skills
- Microsoft Office
- Ethics and integrity
- Problem solving
- Communication Skills
Here’s how to include skills for Social Worker resume
How to use Microsoft Office in your Social Worker resume:
Manage data collection involving use of Microsoft Office software’s.
How to use Research in your Social Worker resume:
Teach courses in Social & Economic Analysis; Qualitative Research Methods; and Cultural Dimensions of Urban Public Health; and Theories of Personality.
How to use Communication in your Social Worker resume:
Ensure good communication and manage relations with the delegates, provide assistance to them, manage database as well.
How to use Problem solving in your Social Worker resume:
Part of an expert team (problem solving and decision making)
How to use Communication Skills in your Social Worker resume:
Collected information for the survey was successful in developing an effective health programs for men who have sex with men (MSM). It added to my interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism and teamwork
How to use Excel in your Social Worker resume:
Providing excellent face to face and telephonic service to customers.
How to use Organized in your Social Worker resume:
Took part in and initiated a number of play and exercise activities organized for the boys
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Social Worker resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Social Worker resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections