According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Case Manager positions are at a 4% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 92,700 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 3,500 to 96,200 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Case Manager jobs was $55,690 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $36,990, and the highest 10% more than $98,510.
Our conclusion? The Case Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top case manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your case manager experience section
Case manager experience section checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
To illustrate it more clearly, we’ve collected some of the best experience section examples from real Case Manager resumes. Check them out below!
- Managed 150+ cases at one time.
- Provided Insurance Agents with effective, and timely solutions for their clients.
- Professional liaison for Insurance Agents, and Insurance Companies.
- Up-sold low-premium clients to higher-paying plans with extra benefits in order to maintain revenue.
- Worked in Mental Health Court
- Clients were assigned to me to give therapy- one Spanish speaking client
- Case managed clients from Mental Health Court and Adult Probation program
- Worked with other interns to advocate in change of policy that would affect clientele positively
- Co-facilitated group sessions for clients in process of graduating probation program
- Advocate for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Completed the Pre-Admission Screen for state compliance
- Utilized Microsoft Office to track cases, progress and time frames of individuals
- Established treatment plans and coordinated client services.
- Composed and organized weekly reports.
- Coordinated and facilitated Group home staff meetings.
- Increased monthly pre-litigation settlements by 65%
- Secured 1/3 of firm’s revenue in 2015
- Negotiated medical bills down by an average of 50%
- Managed a caseload of over 150 active clients
- Proactively managed life insurance applications, up to six-figures in revenue, with a case load upwards of 200 while serving as liaison between agents, clients, and insurance companies.
- Worked closely with the Underwriting team and financial advisors to prepare and facilitate the presentation of client files to life insurance carriers establishing placement plan, estate planning objectives, and advanced case design.
- Provided timely and effective communication with financials advisors via the appropriate methods in order to provide consistent case status, advise the progression of their cases at the carrier level, and assess the viability of quotes generated for their clients.
- Interacted via the appropriate methods with life insurance carriers to ensure the timely processing of life insurance applications.
- Provided support to accounts that work directly with the life insurance companies in resolving any processing delays and service inefficiencies.
- Assisted and advised associates in the managing of their cases and packaging to life insurance carriers.
- Handled extremely confidential client information; maintained confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Handled large accounts generating significant company revenue.
- Developed procedures in an effort to aid new hires, as well as standardize office work processes; lead new business training in order to implement said procedures.
- Participated and developed marketing, new business, and special projects as needed.
- Worked closely with the Underwriting and Case Management teams to prepare and facilitate the presentation of client files to life insurance carriers.
- Followed-up with financial advisors to assess the viability of quotes generated for their clients.
- Communicated via the appropriate methods with advisors regarding the status and development of their life insurance cases.
- Processed and packaged life insurance policies for distribution to financial advisors nationwide.
- Handled extremely confidential client information; maintained confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Assisted in the handling of large accounts that generated significant company profit.
- Developed procedures in an effort to aid new hires, as well as standardized office work processes.
- Participated and developed marketing, new business and special projects as needed.
- Oversaw 150+ active PERM cases and managed a detailed report, reviewing with stakeholders twice a month
- Revamped PERM process and from scratch, creating templates, hiring new vendors, etc.
- Successfully filed hundreds of nonimmigrant petitions (H-1B, L-1B, TN, E-3, E-2), PERM applications, Immigrant Visa petitions and Adjustment of Status applications
- Worked on-site for largest client to meet with foreign national employees, managers, HR business partners, assist with day-to-day activities.
- Senior Team Member responsible for oversight of an average of 150 active cases in Underwriting for IPS team and outside “back office” agents across the country
- Conducts the training of all new team case managers
- Provide weekly updates and reports to all agents on status of cases
- Manage client and agent expectations while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Experienced with all facets of the life insurance including Underwriting, New Business, Client Service & Product/Case Design
- Obtained knowledge pertaining to Life Insurance, Annuities, Disability and Long Term Care Products
- Managed successful development of 200+ files for Social Security Disability claimants
- Provided exceptional service when meeting with clients to discuss development of case
- Analyzed and completed a full summary of each client file monthly
- Requested and organized medical records, employment verification forms, and transcripts from various sources, adhering to strict policy requirements while delivering all information within assigned deadlines
- Effectively maintained and supported 60 plus caseload
- Member of CQI committee
- Supervised interns
- 6 months interim point person/supervisor for case maangement team
- Met all AACO and HRSA protocol
- Reviewed documents in imaging environment. Met state filing deadlines, effectively communicated to general agencies/producers concerning enterprise requirements, deadlines, approvals and declines.
- Possessed strong verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicated with company compliance office, comprehending decisions rendered and defended the course of action for the enterprise.
- Met and exceeded production, service and quality standards.
- Managed accounts as subject matter expert . Mentored team members through various aspects of their duties.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship skills with all levels of corporation, customers and business partners.
- Expertly used corporate databases and workflow systems
- Helped clients navigate the social system to obtain resources and services
- Assisted clients in improving and maintaining their health through treatment adherence methods and emotional support
- Worked with 30 clients on various issues ranging from mental health and drug abuse problems to housing and public benefits
- Managed successful development of 200+ files for Social Security disability claimants
- Analyzed and completed a full monthly summary on each client
- Requested documentation from various sources, while adhering to strict policy requirements and deadlines
- Undertaking the end to end management of a portfolio of individual claims, ensuring that appropriate strategies are followed in order to reduce the average life and cost of claims
- Effective risk management of all financial dealings on claims including salvage, collecting applicable excess, negotiating settlement and replacement with customers, ensuring that genuine claims are paid in accordance with legal requirements and policy definitions
- Inputting data into all required systems in a timely and accurate manner and maintain up to date records in regards to all activity on the claim
- Providing instructions and information to Customers, Assessors, Repairers, Engineers, Investigators, Builders and Suppliers as required with honest and correct information
- Offering high support to the Event Team Leader, Assessors, Managers and relevant stakeholders in times of sudden natural disasters
- Mentoring and technically developing less experienced Claims Officers by answering queries, providing clarification and addressing sign offs within the delegation of authority
- Application of Sanctuary Model, strengths approach/solution focused outcomes for client.
- Collaboration within OoHC team, carers, support workers, schools and DHHS to empower client within the frameworks in the young persons best interest.
- Crissp and Cris trained, professionalism in LAC data and case noting.
- Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to work autonomously and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Resolution of disputes & complex customer issues raised by customer service representatives;
- Provide feedback to Sales & Service consultants & managers after determining the cause of an issue;
- Respond to correspondence from customers received through mail, email, fax & online queries;
- Plan & implement the Live Chat facility as part of the Live Chat project team;
- Provide customer service using our Live Chat service.
- Launching innovation in oncology diagnostics and created value based partnerships with health systems in the challenging reimbursement landscape
- Won the most health system sales partnerships in US
- Designed competitive contracting strategy for IDN's/Private Practices
- National/Regional Conference Representative (ASCO...)
- Conducted utilization review for Kaiser Permanente (KP) members admitted to a non-KP facilities, in collaboration with KP physicians and the non-KP team
- Assessed, reviewed, and coordinated KP member's ongoing acute care needs, plan of care, and stability for repatriation or discharge from the non-KP facility
- Reviewed, identified, and escalated utilization patterns or trends, problems, and areas for workflow improvements
- Supervised non-clinical staff on day-to-day workflow
- Formulated goal-directed care plan that prioritizes and is patient-centric to achieve optimal patient care and resource utilization
- Performed utilization management activities, discharge planning, and care coordination across the continuum of care in collaboration with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary care team
- Led multidisciplinary conferences among the healthcare team, including patients and family
- Led various Lean activities and quality improvement projects across the medical centers
- Served as mentor and preceptor for new and experienced nurse case managers
- Supervised non-clinical staff on day-to-day workflow
The person reading your Case Manager resume will be busy, make sure you never waste their time with fluff.
Action verbs for your case manager resume
The Best Way to Write Your Case Manager Resume’s Skills Section
Case manager resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your case manager resume
Critical thinking and observation
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Case manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your case manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Case Manager resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Writing a strong case manager resume summary
Case manager resume summary checklist:
- Mention your position and total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight 1-2 of your top achievements;
- Go for shorter sentences and keep them to the point – don’t include anything that doesn’t support your application;
- Add 2-4 keywords present in the job description.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Adding education, courses, and certifications to your case manager resume
Education section tips and tricks:
- Add info about your highest degree level, incl. year of graduation, place of study, and degree subject;
- Mention some education-related awards you’ve received;
- Share a bit more about your certifications (if they are relevant);
- Entry-level applicants: Tailor your education section by including classes that are relevant to the position you’re applying for.
Top Certifications for your Case Manager resume
Case Management Training 102| Working as a case manager
Case Management Process
Case Management Training 101| Basics of Case Management
Training for non-clinical case managers
Case Management Training 104 | Teleworking For Case Managers
Remote Case Management
Case Management Training |How to become a Nurse Case Manager
How to become a nurse case manager
Advanced Google Tag Manager (GTM) 12+ practical use cases
12+ Google Tag Manager practical use cases with event and conversion tracking, personalization and much more.
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Case Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
The best format for your case manager resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
After choosing the right format for your Case Manager resume, it’s time to perfect the layout and style.
- Go for traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Choose a simple resume font, sized 10-12p;
- Make sure that the length of your resume matches your applicant profile: try to fit in a one-page template; two-page templateare suitable only for candidates with over 10 years of experience.
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid issues around formatting and unauthorized editing.
Looking for more ways to make your application stand out? Read this article!
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Case Manager resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Other sections to include in your resume
Depending on the type of company, your position, and your general desire to experiment and showcase your creative side, you might want to add some additional sections to your resume. Some examples include:
Creating a memorable case manager resume
You want your resume to put you in front of other candidates even when the competition is high, right? Right!
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a drop or two of creativity. You can choose a colorful and out-of-the-box template, or maybe even put a ‘what my typical days look like’ section at the bottom of your resume
It’s totally up to you. Just make sure to match the level of creativity to the industry, the position, and the company.
What makes a great case manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.