Top Oracle Project Accounting sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Oracle Project Accounting resume edition
Oracle Project Accounting Resume Experience Section Checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
We’ve selected some of the top Oracle Project Accounting resumes made using the Enhancv platform to illustrate what a great experience section looks like. Use them as inspiration when building your own resume:
- Developed comprehensive audit plans that increased risk coverage by 25% resulting in significant reduction of audit findings.
- Managed 10+ IT audit projects simultaneously, resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency compared to previous year.
- Successfully led audits related to organization changes including technology implementations resulting in alignment of change initiatives to business objectives and increased employee satisfaction by 30%.
- Implemented a new audit program that identified and mitigated previously unknown risks to the organization, resulting in savings of $1M annually.
- Developed effective relationships with business groups and leadership resulting in a 15% increase in the auditee experience.
- Effectively led audit staff, providing direction, clearly defined performance expectations, coaching and feedback, and recognition/motivation resulting in a 25% reduction in staff turnover.
- Conducted 15+ IT audits resulting in a 30% reduction in audit findings.
- Identified previously unknown risks related to cyber security and delivered recommendations for improvements to senior leadership resulting in a 20% reduction in risk exposure.
- Maintained effective relationships with business groups and leadership resulting in a 15% increase in the auditee experience.
- Coached and mentored junior auditors resulting in a 25% reduction in staff turnover.
- Developed and implemented effective revenue management processes that resulted in a 25% increase in revenue
- Collaborated with Sales, Commercial Operations, Pricing and Finance during contract negotiations, resulting in an optimization of revenue recognition that led to a 20% increase in revenue
- Implemented a new internal control framework to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP (ASC 606), resulting in a successful audit
- Prepared and maintained accounting policies related to revenue recognition, ensuring adherence to U.S. GAAP (ASC 606), IFRS 15 and internal policies
- Led process improvement initiatives, finding solutions to complex revenue, billing and accounts receivable issues
- Performed technical accounting research and prepared accounting position papers documenting rationale and conclusions
- Oversaw the review of non-standard contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP and internal policies
- Collaborated with Sales, Commercial Operations, Pricing and Finance during contract negotiations, providing suggestions and assistance in revenue recognition optimization
- Implemented revenue forecasting processes resulting in a 30% reduction in forecasting errors
- Led and mentored accounting staff, resulting in a 15% improvement in employee satisfaction
- Managed audit engagements for high-growth SaaS companies, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal policies
- Identified control gaps and risks, and implemented effective internal controls resulting in a 50% reduction in control deficiencies
- Collaborated with clients to develop and implement revenue recognition policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Developed and maintained effective relationships with clients, resulting in a 90% client retention rate
- Led and mentored audit staff, resulting in a 20% improvement in employee satisfaction
- Provided financial analysis and insights for 50+ projects, resulting in improved project profitability by 25%.
- Reviewed and approved project related invoices, reducing errors by 20%.
- Collaborated with project teams to forecast project costs and provided monthly variance analysis to management.
- Prepared monthly project reports and financial statements for management review.
- Assisted in the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Led the implementation of a new asset management system, resulting in a 50% reduction in manual processes and improved reporting accuracy.
- Provided CAPEX analysis to business managers, resulting in 10% reduction in costs.
- Supported group reporting team with audit requests, resulting in successful completion of audits.
- Collaborated with FP&A team on annual budgets and forecasts.
- Trained and mentored junior accountants on fixed asset accounting procedures.
- Prepared financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations for 10+ clients resulting in timely and accurate reporting.
- Assisted in the preparation of monthly management reports, resulting in improved decision making.
- Developed and maintained strong client relationships, resulting in repeat business.
- Assisted in the implementation of new accounting software, resulting in improved efficiencies.
- Provided ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting for clients.
Make sure to relate your experience to your job description, but never lie. That’s not tolerated and will show up in the face-to-face interview later on.
Action Verbs for your Oracle Project Accounting Resume
Writing a Strong Skills Section for Your Oracle Project Accounting Resume
Resume Skills Section Checklist:
- Ensure your hard skills section (including technologies) are exactly matching the job description.
- Don’t simply list your soft skills. Apply the “show, don’t tell” principle - let your job achievements speak for themselves.
- Find a way to showcase your skills beyond the skills section.
- Your resume’s skill section is important to ATS systems - so don’t skip it.
Top skills for your oracle project accounting resume
Attention to detail
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Oracle Project Accounting resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Job-winning Oracle Project Accounting resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
How to write a Oracle Project Accounting resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Oracle Project Accounting resume stand out