Professional Care Worker Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
While there are many things you can talk about in your resume, you must keep in mind that recruiters have very limited time.
Thus, your care worker resume must be brief, inspiring, and on point.
But to create it, you must understand what’s expected from you and your resume.
Make sure your resume is error-free with our resume spelling check guide.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a care worker resume
- Work flexibility - Hiring companies look for care workers who are available at different hours, multiple times during the week. They also want someone who can take hour drives for work shifts depending on the customer’s needs.
- Driver’s license and transportation - A driver’s license and a vehicle are a must-have for any care worker. It helps you travel to do your shifts and also assist customers with transportation to have their appointments, go shopping, etc.
- Interpersonal skills - Care work all about making a difference by helping others live independently. Show that you’re able to support, work, and communicate with patients of all ages, backgrounds, and races.
- Experience and training - Recruiters prefer to hire care workers with relevant training in safe patient handling. They also pay close attention to your job experience and accomplishments.
- Certificates - Depending on the patients you’ll be working with, some certificates might be required, including First Aid, CPR, and Aged Care III.
PRO TIPWhen writing your resume, try to use action-packed verbs instead of weak language. Those dynamic verbs are better at directly showing the impact you made. They’ll show recruiters how qualified you are and help you stand out from other candidates.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Care Worker resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Care Worker resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Variety of custom sections