Professional Handyman Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
So, you’re applying for handyman jobs. That's great!
Taking the next step in your career is no small feat. Job searching can take a ton of time and effort on your end. The good news is, a well-written handyman resume can help you land interviews a lot faster.
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Handyman resume
- Resume sections: This includes a header, summary, experience, education, and skills sections.
- Relevant experience: This is the most important part of your resume. Include any experience you have in building repairs, plumbing, painting, appliance removal/replacement, and electrical work.
- Customer service skills: Don't underestimate the importance of this soft skill. Handymans are often the middle man between tenants and building associations. They should know how to effectively communicate on both ends.
- Ability to determine proper tools: Whether it's repairing electrical fixtures or running PVCs to septic tanks, you need an in-depth knowledge of repair tools and equipment.
- Reliability: Recruiters are looking for someone they can trust. Your resume should reflect your ability to get the job done—and get it done right.
PRO TIPDon't just use Microsoft Word to write your resume. If you do, there's a pretty good chance your resume won't stand out. Instead, find a professionally-designed resume template. They're incredibly easy to edit and much more likely to catch a recruiter’s eye.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Handyman resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Handyman resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Variety of custom sections