Professional Concept Art Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Landing your dream job as a concept artist begins by writing a stand-out concept art resume. Summarizing your passion and expertise for the industry into a one-page resume sounds daunting, but it’s not.
These simple tips will help you write a resume that reflects why you’re the perfect candidate for the job.
Make sure your resume is error-free with our resume spelling check guide.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Concept Art resume:
- Portfolio - The best way to prove your skills is through your portfolio. Include a link to it in your resume header.
- Tools of the trade - Creating designs for projects involves using programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and CorelDraw. List the ones you know best in your resume skills section.
- Creativity - A successful concept artist can transform briefs into creative designs that impress. Highlight your creativity skills and proudest projects.
- Excellent collaborator - Daily life for a concept artist involves collaborating with a team of art directors, animators, managers, and more. Recruiters want to hire someone who can fit in with the team.
- Project management - From meeting deadlines to managing a team, you must be able to handle a project from start to finish. Talk about relevant skills related to time management and leadership in your work experience section.
PRO TIPCreate a separate resume for every job you apply for. Our #1 tip for impressing the recruiter is to write a highly personalized resume that reflects the role perfectly. Duplicate new versions of your resume, but add/remove details based on the job description.
Here’s how to include skills for Concept Art resume
- After Effects
- 3Ds Max
What phrases to use in my Concept Art resume skills
How to use Maya in your Concept Art resume:
Concept art, such as character and props design for strategic iOs game with the following modeling in Maya
How to use Illustrator in your Concept Art resume:
(Co)Lead teams of marketing artists, designers, motion graphic artists, illustrators and out side resources from project ideation and conceptual development to delivery
How to use Unity in your Concept Art resume:
Concept Art, Illustration, UX, UI, Unity and Spline2D
How to use Marvel in your Concept Art resume:
Marvel Studio Pitch - VFX Character Concept Art & Storyboard
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Concept Art resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Concept Art resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections