As a technician, you obviously know your way around tools and technologies, as well as the theories behind them. But do you know your way around words? Your Technician resume, after all, is one of the most effective tickets to nabbing a role in the industry.
Need help? We got you.
Technician resume experience examples from real resumes
TechnicianAluminplast OODSwiss Technology startup
Production and installation of windows, doors and other products made of PVC or aluminum.
assembled and tested first patch of X50 proof of concept devices.
Construction and maintenance communication network
TechnicianViventThe company is working in the field of airconditioning and refrigeration
systems TechnicianVivacomMaintenance technician
Main responsibilities - Maintenance and repair of airconditioning and refrigeration systems. Advantage was working with different kinds of systems. From small household frdges to big industrial airconditioning
Assembling and repairing PCs.
Installing office and user software.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Technician resume
- Relevant education, depending on your specific field: High School diploma, Bachelor's degree, or higher
- Training and experience that communicate your knowledge of various technical aspects and capacity for critical thinking, including management and operation of electronic components, installation of devices and systems, troubleshooting and repair, calibrations, and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Required certifications, state registration or license; continuous education programs or related activities
- Ability to work well with other people, as well as willingness to submit to required training or skills upgrades
- Soft skills, which cover everything from record logging and maintenance, training new hires or subordinates, organizational skills, etc
PRO TIPBeing a technician requires a lot of in-depth technical knowledge. However, listing just that on your resume is predictable. Surprise recruiters by injecting some creativity into your resume. It never hurts to set yourself apart from the competition by spotlighting some qualities that aren’t exactly just technical.