Top Landscape Architect sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your Landscape Architect resume experience section
Landscape Architect Resume Experience Section: Ultimate Checklist
- Use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List relevant positions and situations that add value to your application;
- Describe situations, tasks, actions, and results (the S-T-A-R method);
- Remember to include numbers in whatever form you like (e.g. the number of projects you’ve finished);
- Begin each bullet point with an action verb.
If you prefer to be led by example, check out some great Landscape Architect resume experience section snippets below!
- Oversaw the successful completion of 10+ projects from initial concept to construction.
- Managed budgets ranging from £50k to £3m, delivering projects on-time and within budget.
- Collaborated with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure project success and client satisfaction.
- Developed and presented technical drawings, design packages, and presentations to clients and stakeholders.
- Incorporated sustainable design practices into all projects, resulting in a 20% increase in LEED certifications for clients.
- Utilized AutoCAD and BIM software for project design and management.
- Designed and managed installation of 20+ landscapes, with a total project value of £500k+.
- Created designs that incorporated client requests and site-specific factors, resulting in highly personalized and functional outdoor spaces.
- Managed budgets and timelines, ensuring projects were delivered on-time and within budget.
- Utilized AutoCAD and SketchUp for project design and presentation.
- Designed and managed the installation of a rooftop garden for a major hotel chain, resulting in a 30% increase in guest satisfaction ratings
- Collaborated with architects and engineers to develop a sustainable landscaping plan for a commercial office complex, resulting in a 20% reduction in overall water usage
- Prepared and delivered presentations to clients and stakeholders, effectively communicating design concepts and solutions
- Led a team of 5 junior designers and interns, providing mentorship and guidance to ensure high-quality work
- Managed project budgets ranging from £100k - £500k
- Designed and managed the installation of a community park, resulting in a 25% increase in usage by local residents
- Developed a stormwater management plan for a public park, resulting in a 40% reduction in water runoff and erosion
- Managed a team of 3 junior designers, providing support and guidance to ensure timely and high-quality work
- Collaborated with local community groups and stakeholders to ensure design solutions met their needs and expectations
- Managed project budgets ranging from £50k - £200k
Include quantitative data throughout your Landscape Architect resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action Verbs for your Landscape Architect Resume
The Best Way to Write Your Landscape Architect Resume’s Skills Section
Landscape Architect Resume Skills Section Checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Landscape Architect resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your landscape architect resume
Grading and drainage design
Landscape architecture construction methods
Collaboration and teamwork
Attention to detail
Flexibility and adaptability
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Landscape Architect resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Landscape Architect resume summary checklist:
- Mention your position and total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight 1-2 of your top achievements;
- Go for shorter sentences and keep them to the point – don’t include anything that doesn’t support your application;
- Add 2-4 keywords present in the job description.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
How to write a Landscape Architect resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out