Professional Data Science Intern Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Writing your data science intern resume can be a daunting task — especially if you don’t know where to start.
But things don’t always have to be that way — making your resume can be fun as well!
With our help, you’ll learn how to easily create a resume that will get you the job you deserve in no time.
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
Here’s how to include experience on Data Science Intern resume
Data Science InternEarnest IncInternee Data Science InternVerius TeknolojiResearched social network for consumer insights. Data Science InternAT&T Big DataDigital Marketing Firm
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a data science Intern resume
- Data handling and manipulation - This is the core of every data science project you’ll get your hands on. Be sure to show that you’ve always worked with big data.
- Teamwork and collaboration - Since most of your work involves other parties, a good team spirit, and the ability to work in groups is a must for any data science intern.
- Familiarity with analytics applications and coding languages - Do you have experience with RDMS, SQL, Python, or even Java? Show it throughout your resume, and you’ll be a gold mine to any recruiter.
- Ability to use data visualization tools - Any data science intern has to use software such as Looker, Tableau, and Microsoft Office Suite to present new findings and business insights.
- Relevant education - Whether they ask for it or not, highlighting your educational background gives you a great against other applicants who have never studied in a relevant field.
PRO TIPThe skills and experience you feature on your resume must be relevant to job requirements. Often, recruiters look for specific roles with specific qualifications. Make sure to keep your resume specific and personalized to the position you’re applying to. Only focus on a few skills and achievements.
How to describe your Data Science Intern resume skills
- Machine Learning
How to feature Data Science Intern resume skills
How to use Python in your Data Science Intern resume:
Python scripting for consolidating different stages of the pipeline and for ‘one-click’ execution services
How to use SQL in your Data Science Intern resume:
Maintained data Cleaning, sense checking, analysing historical raw data and getting insights using Python, SQL Queries, stored procedures and generating reports using Tableau
How to use R in your Data Science Intern resume:
Develop code using pandas to extend scope of predictive models for inductors to include as yet unprocessed data on capacitors
How to use Tableau in your Data Science Intern resume:
Build a real-time analytics dashboard using Tableau and D3.js that portrays the processed output.
How to use Machine Learning in your Data Science Intern resume:
Worked on the project called "Predictive Storage analytics using Machine Learning".
How to use Java in your Data Science Intern resume:
Taught Computer Organisation, JAVA, Computer Graphics subjects
How to use Spark in your Data Science Intern resume:
Used Spark, Hive to build data pipelines for advanced analytics
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Data Science Intern resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Data Science Intern resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections