Should a short-term job be included on a job application?
Yes, it is generally recommended to include all relevant work experience on a job application, regardless of the duration of the employment. Short-term jobs can demonstrate a candidate's work history and can show that they have had experience working in similar roles or industries. Additionally, having a short-term job on an application can show that the candidate is willing to work in a variety of positions and that they are not afraid of change, which can be viewed positively by employers.
Example of a short term job in a resume experience section
- Consistently met or exceeded sales goals
- Developed strong product knowledge and effectively communicated it to customers
- Trained new employees on sales techniques and customer service
- Handled an average of 50 calls per day
- Received positive feedback from customers and superiors for problem-solving skills
- Assisted in training new employees on customer service protocols