Here are a few things that may negatively impact a resume:
- Typos and grammatical errors, which show a lack of attention to detail and professionalism.
- Vague or overly generic language, which fails to highlight specific skills and accomplishments.
- Irrelevant or outdated information, which wastes space and can make the candidate seem out of touch.
- Inconsistency in formatting, font, and margins, which can make the resume look unprofessional.
- Overloading with too much information, which can make the resume appear cluttered and difficult to read.
- Lying or exaggerating about experience, skills, or education, which can easily be uncovered during the interview or background check.
It's important to keep your resume concise, accurate, and relevant to the job you're applying for.