Want to learn the secret to writing a job-winning skill section?
It’s in impressing recruiters with strong and unique Unix skills. That will leave them excited about interviewing you and bringing you as a new talent to the company.
Here are the best Unix skills to list on a resume according to our research:
See examples of how Unix is used in resumes:
Software EngineerSeluxa Inc.
Types of Unix skills to add in your resume:
- General system commands: mkdir, pwd, ls, cd, cp, mv, rm, etc
- Computer networks: bridges, routers, switches, cabling
- Data excursion: paste, cut, grep, wc, diff
- System permissions
- Text editors: VI, Emacs, Pico
- File streaming: handling, manipulating, viewing
- Data processing
PRO TIPAre you stuck with writing your resume according to industry standards? Look for other resumes of successful applicants with the same job as yours. You'll find lots of inspiration and learn about their best practices. And that will help simulate the achievements of those before you.
Power phrases for your Unix skills on resume
- Identified opportunities for Unix system automation and process improvement
- Coordinated hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure proper Unix system performance
- Installed and maintained Unix security patches on the development systems
What jobs require Unix skills:
- Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Test Analyst
- It Manager
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Unix skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Unix:
Unix popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
Go through our full resume header guide for extra insights.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.