Purchasing executives is all about prospecting for the right supplier and negotiating contracts with suppliers - gunning for a job is no different. If you’re a purchasing expert you should know that your resume should be as persuasive as the quotes that you compose on the job. Purchasing skills can actually come in handy when vying for a job.
Consider this as your testing phase. If you want to ace it, time to put on that purchasing hat and do these.
See examples of how Purchasing is used in resumes:
Director Of ProcurementDigIntegrity
Purchasing fundamental skill set:
- Relationship Building With Vendors
- Negotiation And Conflict Resolution
- Inventory Management
- Material Resources Management
- Quality Control Analysis
- Operations Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Business Administration And Management
PRO TIPWhen writing your resume Purchasing resume, communicate your ability to negotiate, mediate, and coordinate between buyers and suppliers as this is one of the biggest criteria that hiring managers and recruiters will be keeping an eye out for.
Power phrases for your Purchasing skills on resume
- Sourced raw materials for biotechnology products achieving a 20% cost reduction for sourcing cost.
- Developed and implemented purchasing instructions to streamline procurement processes.
- Resolved grievances and claims between vendor and the suppliers.
- Reviewed and approved guidelines and specifications in awarding bids.
What jobs require Purchasing skills:
- Director Of Procurement
- Procurement Manager
- Fast Learner
- Purchase Officer
- Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Ict Support
- Senior Manager
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Purchasing skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Purchasing:
Purchasing popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
You are about to make a career change? Then go through our 10 Career Change Resume Tips (with examples) and see what you’re missing out.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.