Top CVS Pharmacist sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to write a CVS Pharmacist resume experience section
Perfecting the Experience Section: CVS Pharmacist Resume Checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
We’ve gathered the most impressive CVS Pharmacist experience sections from real Enhancv resumes. Check them out for some additional inspiration!
- Increased patient satisfaction rates by 25% through personalized patient consultations to determine medication therapy management plans
- Dispensed an average of 1500 prescriptions per week with a 99.9% accuracy rate
- Developed and implemented an inventory control system, reducing expired medications by 50%
- Maintained compliance with all federal and state regulations, including the PA Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Coordinated and trained a team of 10 pharmacy technicians, resulting in improved efficiency and productivity
- Conducted medication therapy management sessions for patients, resulting in increased patient satisfaction and adherence rates
- Assisted in dispensing an average of 500 prescriptions per week, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all regulations
- Contributed to the implementation of an inventory control system, reducing expired medications by 30%
- Collaborated with the pharmacist to develop patient education materials on medication therapy management
- Received recognition from management for outstanding customer service and teamwork
- Achieved a 98% customer satisfaction rating by providing exceptional customer service and counseling patients on medication use.
- Collaborated with healthcare professionals to optimize patient medication regimens and improve patient outcomes.
- Achieved and exceeded monthly sales goals by promoting CVS services and products to customers.
- Filled an average of 200 prescriptions per day with a 99% accuracy rate.
- Managed pharmacy inventory and ordered medications to ensure availability and reduce waste.
- Counseled patients on medication use and answered questions about drug interactions, side effects, and dosage.
- Assisted pharmacists with prescription filling and patient counseling in a fast-paced hospital setting.
- Collaborated with healthcare professionals to optimize patient medication regimens and ensure medication safety.
- Participated in medication reconciliation and discharge counseling resulting in a 30% reduction in readmissions.
In writing your CVS Pharmacist resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action Verbs for your CVS Pharmacist Resume
An Impressive Skills Section for Your CVS Pharmacist Resume
Do this if you want to make your skills section stand out:
- Check the job advert for keywords and add them to your skills section to pass ATS;
- List only skills that are relevant to the position to keep the hiring manager focused;
- Balance between hard, soft, and technical skills;
- Elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your CVS Pharmacist resume, e.g. the experience section or your resume’s summary.
Top skills for your cvs pharmacist resume
Pharmaceutical inventory management
Pharmaceutical dosage forms
Attention to detail
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
CVS Pharmacist resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Things to include in your CVS Pharmacist resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
How to write a CVS Pharmacist resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
Looking for ways to perfect your CVS Pharmacist resume layout and style?
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts (sized 10-12p);
- Match the length of your CVS Pharmacist resume with your years of experience – choose a one-page template if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- To be on the safe side, save your resume in PDF. This will help you avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.