Why are Proactive Skills Important
Proactive skills are important to employers because they show your ability to think critically and take initiative. People who are proactive can work independently and take action without needing the help or approval of others. If you’re proactive, employers know you can be counted on to deliver results and go above and beyond what is expected of you.
See examples of how Proactive is used in resumes:
Reduced 18% P1 incidents in 2016-2017 by proactive monitoring
Revamped WHG's ARI system (350%) by code & architecture optimization, dashboard operationalization & trend analysis
Assured YTD availability of 99.85% across key applications of WHG
Established 321 effective policies in AppDynamics in 2016
Expedited MTTR more than 40% since 2015
Led and delivered more than 7 capex projects of Brand Website development & maintenance
Examined technical feasibility of more than 4 development projects
Proactive fundamental skill set:
- Demonstrate an ability to think ahead, plan long-term decisions, and anticipate outcomes
- Talk about situations where you controlled the outcome rather than waited to respond after something happened
- Provide examples of times you’ve anticipated problems and how you prevented those problems from occurring
- Demonstrate how you actively participate at work, in meetings, and in client communication
- Give examples of times you’ve prevented a problem from occurring
What jobs require Proactive skills:
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer
- Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Division Director, Health Cyberinfrastructure
- Qa Tester
- Product Manager
- Sales Manager
- Director, Ww Partner Operations, Planning And Strategy
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Proactive skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Proactive:
- Team Player
- Problem Solving
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
Proactive popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
Make sure your resume is error-free with our resume spelling check guide.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.