Last updated: May 30, 2018
Knowing how we deal with your data as a job applicant is just as important as how we deal with our users’ data
- What information we collect during the recruitment and selection process;
- How we use it and who else has access to it;
- How long we retain it;
- Your legal rights.
What information do we collect?
The information you may share with us, or which we may acquire or produce during the recruitment and selection process includes:
- Your name, email, physical address, phone number and other contact information;
- Your CV/resume, cover letter, previous or relevant (work) experience, education, transcripts, and other information you provide to us in support of your application or as part of our recruitment and selection process;
- Information from face-to-face, phone or online interviews if you have such with us;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about us or the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive or demographic information you share during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship or nationality. We keep this data to a minimum, when possible.
- Information we receive from references or background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information about previous applications you may have made to us and any previous work history with us.
How do we use the information we collect?
We will use your information in order to carry out our recruitment and selection process. This includes:
- Assessing the match between your skills, qualifications, attitude and interests, on the one hand, and our business needs and company culture, on the other;
- Conducting reference and background checks (where applicable) in order to verify your information;
- Communicating with you regarding our recruitment and selection process or your application. When suitable, we may also share with you information about other potential career opportunities with us;
- Creating or submitting reports as required under Bulgarian law and regulations, where applicable;
- Improving our recruitment and selection process in terms of inclusion and diversity in recruitment practices. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Who else has access to your information
We take appropriate steps to protect your information that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the recruitment and selection process. In certain cases third parties may have partial or full access to your information:
- third-parties whose services we use for internal communication and work organization (including Google and Slack). Those services operate either within the EU or in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield, ensuring the secure transfer of information;
- partner organizations who are involved in the recruitment and selection process, or are directly affected by our hiring decisions. We make sure we collaborate only with trusted partners who are GDPR-compliant;
- We may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local labour authorities and regulatory bodies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in regard with a legal process
We may retain your information in order to consider you for future job opportunities with us. This period is no longer than three years after receiving your information, as regulated by the Bulgarian law.
If you join our team as a full- or part-time employee or intern, we will keep the information collected during the recruitment and selection process as part of your employee’s record.
Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind, though, that some information may be retained if required by law.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.