From product sourcing to merchant and vendor negotiation and everything in between, various businesses involved in supply chain management require people who are experts in product procurement. Professionals who handle this aspect of a business don’t just ensure that the quality of materials or products meet certain standards and budget, but they also establish and maintain good business relationships with suppliers and manufacturers.
It’s a high level sales job that isn’t meant just for anyone. If you think you got what it takes to do this job, there are some points that should make it to your resume first!
See how to use Procurement skills on your resume:
Business Development Manager For Erp/scmKeurve
Procurement fundamental skill set:
- Vendor management
- Inventory management
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
PRO TIPStrong math and analytical skills won’t land you the job. If you want to stand out, your resume must exhibit a solid background in negotiation and conflict resolution. In your job description, cite instances or milestones where you applied your negotiation skills and brought tangible results or came to a beneficial resolution.
How do I list Procurement skills on my resume
- Cut down procurement cost through consortiums and re-assessing vendors, saving the company 15%
- Devised and implemented a disposition plan for excess inventory led to cost avoidance of roughly $100,000.
- Prepared solicitations competitive bids for prospect suppliers.
- Conducted sourcing events and worked closely with Business Development in planning finding relevant suppliers.
- Successfully re-negotiated contract with XXX Supplier, leading to a $3M dollar savings for 1 year concession.
What jobs require Procurement skills:
- Business Development Manager For Erp/scm
- Engineering Project Manager
- Procurement Manager, Ict
- It Manager
- Marketing & Sales Planning (honorary)
- Supply Chain Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Head - Sales & Marketing
- Group Head, Digital Initiatives & Ami
- Category Manager, Directs (contract)
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Procurement skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Procurement:
Procurement popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
You are about to make a career change? Then go through our 10 Career Change Resume Tips (with examples) and see what you’re missing out.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.