More businesses are getting into the digital world every day. The demand for security and privacy is at its peak.
Recruiters want to hire candidates with superb penetration testing skills.
Here’s how to showcase your expertise:
How to use Penetration Testing skills on your resume:
Pioneered a vendor management program to annually assess and validate the security controls of 3rd party providers.
Actively participated in business development to grew business revenue from $0 to $1.15/year in 3.5 years
Designed and implemented AppSec programs for 7 organizations.
Managed end-to-end delivery of 80+ application security assessments
Performed 50+ application penetration tests for finance and software product companies
Performed 20+ code reviews
Developed security policies and test plans based on PCI DSS, GSD 330
Penetration Testing fundamental skill set:
- Building virtual hacking environments
- Web development knowledge
- Web server hacking
- Understanding of web vulnerabilities: code execution, file upload, SQL, XSS
- Exploitation: password cracking, brute force, dictionary attacks
- Signal jamming and DDoS: attacks and defenses
PRO TIPThere are hundreds of penetration testing subskills you can feature on your resume. But when it comes to crafting job-winning resumes, more is less. You don’t want to bore the recruiter with excruciating details. Be sure only to list your strongest, most relevant skills.
Power phrases for your Penetration Testing skills on resume
- Analyzed and secured company network servers from hackers and loss of data
- Performed security tests on servers, web-based applications, and computer systems
- Generated detailed security reports and discussed solutions with IT professionals and management
What jobs require Penetration Testing skills:
- Penetration Tester
- Adjunct Professor
- Senior Director Of Information Security
- Security Engineer
- Visiting Scholar
- Cyber Security Solutions Architect (pre-sales)
- Sr Regional System Engineer (pre-sales)
- Web Developer
- Group Manager For Cyber Security & Telecom
- Security Researcher
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Penetration Testing skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Penetration Testing:
Penetration Testing popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
Make sure your resume is error-free with our resume spelling check guide.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.