More businesses are getting into the digital world every day. The demand for security and privacy is at its peak.
Recruiters want to hire candidates with superb penetration testing skills.
Here’s how to showcase your expertise:
See examples of how Penetration Testing is used in resumes:
Penetration TesterTeqto Ltd.
These Penetration Testing skills are always in high demand:
- Building virtual hacking environments
- Web development knowledge
- Web server hacking
- Understanding of web vulnerabilities: code execution, file upload, SQL, XSS
- Exploitation: password cracking, brute force, dictionary attacks
- Signal jamming and DDoS: attacks and defenses
PRO TIPThere are hundreds of penetration testing subskills you can feature on your resume. But when it comes to crafting job-winning resumes, more is less. You don’t want to bore the recruiter with excruciating details. Be sure only to list your strongest, most relevant skills.
How to demonstrate Penetration Testing skills on your resume
- Analyzed and secured company network servers from hackers and loss of data
- Performed security tests on servers, web-based applications, and computer systems
- Generated detailed security reports and discussed solutions with IT professionals and management
What jobs require Penetration Testing skills:
- Penetration Tester
- Adjunct Professor
- Senior Director Of Information Security
- Security Engineer
- Visiting Scholar
- Cyber Security Solutions Architect (pre-sales)
- Sr Regional System Engineer (pre-sales)
- Web Developer
- Group Manager For Cyber Security & Telecom
- Security Researcher
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Penetration Testing skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Penetration Testing:
Penetration Testing popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
You are about to make a career change? Then go through our 10 Career Change Resume Tips (with examples) and see what you’re missing out.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.