Professional Product Development Engineer Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
So, you’re ready to take the next step in your career and start a new job. That’s great!
But not any old resume is going to get you an interview. You need a Product Development Engineer resume that will wow recruiters.
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
Perfect your Product Development Engineer resume experience with numbers and results
Product Development EngineerHGST, a Western Digital companyDevelops and commercializes fiber optic medical devices and new instrumentation for the biopharma industry Product Development EngineerPRAD (Process Research Analysis & Design) TechnologiesMicroPort Orthopedics Product Development EngineerFord Motor CompanyA start-up company commercialising an innovative material
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Product Development resume
- Appropriate resume sections: Your resume should include a header, summary, experience, skills, and education section.
- Relevant experience: What kind of products have you helped develop at previous positions? And not only that but how successful were they?
- An analytical mind: Engineering is analytical at its very core. But product development is especially data-driven. Recruiters will look for candidates with experience in market, cost, and ROI analysis.
- Project management: From consumer research and prototyping to budgeting and mass production, recruiters want to know you can get the job done—from start to finish.
- Education: Recruiters expect a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field. Always include your highest level of education
PRO TIPProduct development is all about creatively solving the needs of consumers. So your resume should reflect your ability to think in new ways. Don't use a boring template like everyone else. Your resume design is as important as your resume content.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Product Development Engineer resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Product Development Engineer resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Variety of custom sections