According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sales positions are at a 7% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 507,200 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 35,500
to 542,700 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Sales jobs was $52,180 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $29,000, and the highest 10% more than $127,840.
Our conclusion? The Sales job market is wide open for candidates.
Top Insurance Sales Agent sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your Insurance Sales Agent resume experience section
Insurance Sales Agent Resume Experience Section Checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Insurance Sales Agent resume samples to help you.
Check them out before building your own resume!
Insurance Sales Agent
Continuing my experience as self-employed through new company, with different approach and know-how.
Currently starting, getting weekly educations and monthly seminar to get in flow with selling financial services with Winners Group Ltd. Portfolio, which include longterm investing, health, car and home insurance, as well mortgage credits.
The responsibilities are the same as my last experience.
Determined financial needs by assessing existing coverage and aligning new products and services with long-term goals.
Evaluated leads obtained through direct referrals, lead databases and cold calling.
Conducted research on insurance packages and investment options to generate client recommendations.
Displayed consistent, positive attitude towards customers, peers and other personnel, even during high-stress situations.
Insurance Sales Agent
Consistently achieved sales results of > 120% of target
Explained features and benefits for various P&C policies
Worked with Firemen, Police Officers, Nurses and Educators to offer tailored policies
Upsale coverages and add additional lines
Worked with Underwriters on a daily basis
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Insurance Sales Agent, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action Verbs for your Insurance Sales Agent Resume
Finding what the unique words for your Insurance Sales Agent position are is difficult. That’s why the Enhancv team went through thousands of resumes that got people hired at top companies.
Forget about sounding boring. These action words will help you showcase your strongest personality traits in the most intriguing way possible!
Top Insurance Sales Agent Skills for Your Resume
Insurance Sales Agent Resume Skills Section Checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Insurance Sales Agent resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top Skills for your Insurance Sales Agent resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
CHECKLIST For Your Insurance Sales Agent Resume Header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Insurance Sales Agent resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
Craft a Strong Insurance Sales Agent Resume Summary
Insurance Sales Agent resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume Summary Formula:
[Adjective] [job title] with [number] years of experience in [industry], a proven ability to [relevant, measurable skills], and a strong background in [relevant context of your work experience] seeks a position as [the job title you’re applying for].
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Highlight Your Education, Certifications, and Courses
What to include in your education and courses sections:
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top Certifications for your Insurance Sales Agent resume
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Closing Sales: Sales Training Course: Sales Skills; Selling Techniques; Sales Strategies for B2B, B2C Direct Sales
Selling Techniques and Sales Strategy that Every Salesperson Ought to Know - Sales Training For the Modern World
Get Accredited to Close Like the Wolf of Wallstreet: Closing is #1 Most Important Sales Skill (Blueprint & Scripts inc.)
The Proven Step-by-Step System for MEETING and OVERCOMING OBJECTIONS for Insurance Agents and Financial Advisors
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Drafting a Job-winning Insurance Sales Agent Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Insurance Sales Agent resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your Insurance Sales Agent resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
An Insurance Sales Agent Resume that Stands Out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What Makes a Great Insurance Sales Agent Resume: Key Takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.