According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Household Manager positions are at a 9% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 322,000 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 28,600
to 350,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Household Manager jobs was $98,890 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,080, and the highest 10% more than $169,930.
Our conclusion? The Household Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top Household Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to write the perfect Household Manager resume experience section
Household Manager Experience Section: Checklist
- List your positions in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Go for 4-6 bullet points;
- Add only relevant work experience;
- Include information about the challenges you’ve faced, the actions you’ve taken, and the results you’ve achieved;
- Use action verbs instead of filler words.
We’ve selected some of the top Household Manager resumes made using the Enhancv platform to illustrate what a great experience section looks like. Use them as inspiration when building your own resume:
Created a master schedule and calendar
Supervised house staff, service persons and communications
Assisted with medical devices and medication
Provided support to employers including scheduling, errands, transportation
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Household Manager job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action Verbs for your Household Manager Resume
Action verbs will make your Household Manager resume sound relevant and professional. They will also help you make a strong first impression. Make sure to use them whenever possible!
Household Manager Resume: How to Write a Strong Skills Section
The Ultimate Household Manager Skills Section Checklist:
- Balance between all kinds of hard skills – technical, analytical, etc.
- When it comes to technical skills, match them to the job description;
- Add keywords present in the job advert to pass ATS;
- Don’t forget to list transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, work ethic, and presentation skills.
Top Skills for your Household Manager resume
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
CHECKLIST For Your Household Manager Resume Header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Household Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Household Manager Resume Summary: Things to Include and Things to Avoid
Job-winning Household Manager resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume Summary Formula:
[Adjective] [job title] with [number] years of experience in [industry], a proven ability to [relevant, measurable skills], and a strong background in [relevant context of your work experience] seeks a position as [the job title you’re applying for].
Read the job description carefully and understand what the hiring company is exactly looking for. After that, write your summary accordingly while highlighting your potential and ability to be the best at that job.
Highlighting Education, Courses, and Certifications in Your Household Manager Resume
Education Section Checklist:
- What? Where? What’s the result? Answer these questions when mentioning education and courses on your resume;
- Give preference to courses and degrees that are relevant to the job position;
- Be honest! Some recruiters love checking with colleges and universities to see if you’ve really been enrolled in them;
- Share more about certifications that have helped you turn into a professional, and mention the bodies that have issued them.
Top Certifications for your Household Manager resume
Go from a slightly uncertain, confused newbie to a confident, skilled manager who builds and leads effective teams.
Management Skills Certification in Developing People, Leading Teams & Process Improvement in the New Hybrid Work Culture
Discover how top managers develop high potential talent, lead by teaching, and foster creative, high-performance teams.
Learn from an Emmy-Award Winner and a #1 LinkedIn Instructor on developing effective leadership communications skills.
Learn how to transition from individual contributor to Manager and Leader with confidence!
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Household Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Household Manager Resume Format 101
If a couple of years ago Household Manager resumes could be text files with no graphic elements, today’s recruiters need a bit more to remember you.
And yet, you can still choose between three basic resume formats:
But when it comes to choosing the right format for your Household Manager resume, there are two factors to keep in mind: your experience and whether you’re looking for an industry change.
The reverse-chronological format is the most common one. That being said, it gives recruiters exactly what they’re used to in terms of order and information. However, it’s not suitable for applicants with employment gaps or not enough experience.
We at Enhancv suggest the functional skills-based resume format for people with limited work experience who find reverse-chronological resumes irrelevant. This format showcases the applicant’s most significant accomplishments, skills, and strengths.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections for your Household Manager resume
If the position you’re applying for allows for that, you can include some non-traditional sections in your resume. This will add a bit more depth to your application and will also give the hiring manager a better idea of who you are as a person.
Some ideas include:
An Household Manager Resume Recruiters Would Love
You’ve drafted an amazing Household Manager resume, but are still not sure whether it will make a strong first impression? After all, recruiters go over tens of resumes each day, right?
Right! And the recipe for getting their attention includes a dash of creativity.
What’s more, a creative resume is perfect for adding your personality to the mix. For example, you could mention your favorite books, quotes, movies, or even what your day usually looks like.
Regardless of what you choose, make sure your levels of creativity match the industry, the company, and the position. Otherwise, your resume might look silly and inapt.
What Makes a Great Household Manager Resume: Key Takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.