Professional Event Manager Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
Event planning is a rapidly growing industry. Corporations and associations are realizing more than ever the power that successful event managers possess.
But without the right event manager resume, you won’t even be on a recruiter’s radar. Here’s how to change that.
You are about to make a career change? Then go through our 10 Career Change Resume Tips (with examples) and see what you’re missing out.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in an Event Manager resume
- Resume sections: Most recruiters only scan resumes. They want information fast, so be sure to break your resume into different sections. We recommend a header, summary, experience, education, and skills section.
- Summary of achievements: Your summary is your written form of an elevator speech. It's your chance to wow recruiters. The best way to do that? By quantifying your achievements.
- The scale of events you've managed: Recruiters want to know what you're capable of. How big are the events you've managed? What was the size of your event budget?
- The type of events you've managed: Which type of event planning do you specialize in? Corporate events, annual retreats, weddings, trade shows, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment: It's no secret that event management can be stressful. There are a lot of moving parts. Recruiters look for someone who thrives thinking on their feet.
PRO TIPMake a list of the job requirements and make sure you add those to your resume. If a job requires 5+ years in event planning, add that to your summary. A recruiter shouldn't have to search around for that information.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Event Manager resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Event Manager resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Variety of custom sections