Professional Data Migration Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Almost anyone can migrate important data from one place to another. But, very few can do it efficiently and in an organized manner. So, a job-winning data migration resume is all about making you stand out from the rest of the applicants.
That’s what we’ll help you achieve here.
You are about to make a career change? Then go through our 10 Career Change Resume Tips (with examples) and see what you’re missing out.
Here’s how to include experience on Data Migration resume
Data MigrationNew England Hospice
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a data migration resume
- Excellent communication - Most of your work is accomplished by talking to clients and identifying their needs. That’s why you should highlight your communication abilities throughout your resume.
- Accuracy and attention to detail - Data is the most critical asset for most companies in today’s age. Thus, recruiters need to know they can trust you with big projects and sensitive information.
- Relevant work experience - Having experience in your field isn’t the most important requirement. Yet, it’s a huge plus to tell hiring managers that you know your craft very well.
- Computer and technical skills - That includes popular apps and programs (such as Microsoft SQL, Google Sheets, Office Suite) as well as database and coding languages.
- Planning and management - The data migration process may get more complicated when working on large projects. That makes it a priority for recruiters to find a candidate who can plan and manage things efficiently.
PRO TIPAll your work revolves around working with important data. Thus, the recruiter’s main concern often is with trusting you as the right candidate. Highlighting your accomplishments, featuring your work experience, and including relevant skills is what will help you establish that trust. That’s how you’ll get the job.
How to describe your Data Migration resume skills
- Data Migration
- Windows XP to 10
- VMware vSphere 4.0 to 6.7
- Microsoft HyperV 2012 to 2016
How to feature Data Migration resume skills
How to use Data Migration in your Data Migration resume:
Data Migration Lead and conversion of HCM data from PeopleSoft to Workday HCM system
How to use Oracle in your Data Migration resume:
At the project brief phase, I developed a prioritisation methodology and a data collection system (Oracle Apex Database).
How to use Data Management in your Data Migration resume:
Build , standardize and follow a Service Master Data Model in ATOS IT Solutions – data management policies, processes and methods;
How to use Visio in your Data Migration resume:
Always in a client facing role completing many projects including World Vision (Data Migration strategy and technical lead); Fonterra (Elections project management);SellAgence (Reports Development); Rington's Tea (UK) Ltd (Post implementation support)
How to use SQL in your Data Migration resume:
Developed and amended many Air New Zealand Oracle PL/SQL functions and stored procedures to support the transformation from Air Points to Air Dollars
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Data Migration resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Data Migration resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections