Professional Consultant Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Consulting can be a lucrative career—if you can land the right gigs. But how do you do that?
With an award-winning consultant resume. Simply put, you won't land interviews if you have an average resume. Your resume needs to wow recruiters, not just be another paper in the pile.
Read our comprehensive guide on how long a resume should be.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Consultant resume
- The right resume sections: It might be tempting to spice up your resume. But no matter how creative you want to get, you need to include the right resume sections. Your resume should have a header, summary, experience, skills, and education section.
- Industry experience: Recruiters want to know which industries you have experience consulting in. Consulting for a tech startup is very different than consulting for an established Fortune-500 company.
- Strategic counsel: Recruiters look for skills in restructuring, budget allocation, and management consulting. They want to know all the ways you can improve efficiency.
- Quantitative problem-solving: Can you identify problems and create measurable and actionable solutions?
- Excellent communication skills: Consultants need to know how to communicate complex ideas effectively. Everyone should be able to understand the *why* behind what you do—not just the what.
PRO TIPYou won't get hired on skills and experience alone. When it comes to consulting, recruiters really value an entrepreneurial attitude. What fresh ideas do you plan on bringing to their organization? Include these in the summary section of your resume for an extra leg up.
Here’s how to include skills for Consultant resume
- MS Office
How to feature Consultant resume skills
How to use SQL in your Consultant resume:
Currently responsible for the Analysis and Development of the Home Equity Systems in the Loan Modification Functional Areas. The Development was done on the Exadata Oracle (11G) Platform to provide Home Equity data for LOB Users. Lead the Analysis, Design and Development effort for the project with a team of developers spread across different time zones. In the Project Oracle PL/SQL, Packages, stored Procedures and Oracle Golden Gate Replication was utilized. The Project was delivered on time with quality and provides value to the Home Loan Business.
Implemented value added process for MDX and thereby provided data provisioning layers for upstream/downstream systems. Agile methodology/Scaled Agile Framework was followed to implement features in MDX. Utilized Rally tool to maintain Features, User Stories, Tasks and Portfolio items using Portfolio Kanban. Delivered feature additions to MDX using SAFE (Scaled Agile Framework) Methodology.
How to use Excel in your Consultant resume:
Excellent knowledge of Design and Developing application on Object Oriented Methodologies
How to use Python in your Consultant resume:
Designed and implementation a back-test system(Python) for event-driven algorithmic strategies.
How to use Java in your Consultant resume:
Solution Design, Project Management, CMS, SEO, SEM, Web Accessibility, HTML, JS, CSS, Java, Digital Marketing
How to use Salesforce in your Consultant resume:
Salesforce Customizations (CRM Software).
How to use Tableau in your Consultant resume:
Managed report migration project and convert more than five undred reports from SSRS to Tableau
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Consultant resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Consultant resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections