Professional Consultant Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
Consulting can be a lucrative career—if you can land the right gigs. But how do you do that?
With an award-winning consultant resume. Simply put, you won't land interviews if you have an average resume. Your resume needs to wow recruiters, not just be another paper in the pile.
Read our comprehensive guide on how long a resume should be.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Consultant resume
- The right resume sections: It might be tempting to spice up your resume. But no matter how creative you want to get, you need to include the right resume sections. Your resume should have a header, summary, experience, skills, and education section.
- Industry experience: Recruiters want to know which industries you have experience consulting in. Consulting for a tech startup is very different than consulting for an established Fortune-500 company.
- Strategic counsel: Recruiters look for skills in restructuring, budget allocation, and management consulting. They want to know all the ways you can improve efficiency.
- Quantitative problem-solving: Can you identify problems and create measurable and actionable solutions?
- Excellent communication skills: Consultants need to know how to communicate complex ideas effectively. Everyone should be able to understand the *why* behind what you do—not just the what.
PRO TIPYou won't get hired on skills and experience alone. When it comes to consulting, recruiters really value an entrepreneurial attitude. What fresh ideas do you plan on bringing to their organization? Include these in the summary section of your resume for an extra leg up.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Consultant resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Consultant resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Variety of custom sections