Landing your dream job begins by writing an excellent brand strategist resume. Recruiters are looking for brand strategists that can achieve real results for companies.
There are some common traits that all successful brand strategists share. We’ll show you how to write a resume that covers these points with a few simple tips.
How to write your Brand Strategist resume experience section
Brand StrategistPublicis GroupeClients: Nestlé, Molson Coors, Renault, BLD
Leading marketing & advertising strategies of global & local brands like: Turkcell, Unilever, Ülker, Efes Pilsen, Efes Beer Group ( Middle East ), Yeni Rakı ( Germany ), Nokia, TEB, Moova. Won 5 Effies
Addressed Brand Strategy projects through consulting in branding
Served as a subject matter expert for brand and digital strategy, planning and executing holistic marketing campaigns for clients in a variety of industries
Brand StrategistMcCann EricksonBranding Agency - Publicis Groupe
Analyzed competitive landscapes, utilized various research methodologies, and leveraged insights to increase brand recognition and demand for client products and services
Presented research and insights to key stakeholders of various clients in addition to upper management within the agency
Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure budgets were satisfied and project deliverables were executed on time
Brand StrategistJ. Walter ThompsonBranding
Ashley Furniture HomeStore - Spearheaded the brand repositioning and social strategy using in-home ethnographic research, resulting in website redesign, new product innovations, and increased sales
MasterCard - Steered the award-winning #onemoreday digital campaign by leveraging insights and developing social media activations, driving growth in travel-related transactions
Wells Fargo - Created the value proposition and product features of an ultra-high net worth credit card through innovation workshops and interviews, driving revenue increase in their Cards division
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Brand Strategist resume:
- Marketing experience - Brand strategists get hands-on with marketing efforts, so recruiters will be looking out for relevant marketing experience on your resume.
- Creativity - From dreaming up a brand’s identity to deciding on the right messaging for campaigns, creativity is at the heart of a brand strategist’s role.
- Proven results - Use real data to back up your accomplishments. Did you help grow the client base? Boost revenue? Improve the ROI of an ad campaign? Mention it!
- Good culture fit - Soft skills are important to recruiters. They want to hire a candidate who can work with a team, present ideas, and be self-sufficient.
- Tools of the trade - Brand strategists use software and tools to get the job done. Are you a Photoshop wizard? Know your way around Salesforce? List the tools you know best.
PRO TIPDo you have personal projects that show off your branding skills? Include them on your resume to win points with the recruiter. Whether you have a Youtube channel on the side, have created your own website, or post regularly on LinkedIn, going the extra mile shows true passion for the industry.