Professional Banker Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Taking the time to fine-tune your resume is a critical step in the job application process. Yet, most bankers get stuck in this step and end up losing endless opportunities.
We know writing job-winning resumes is hard.
So, we’ve prepared a list of details that recruiters expect to learn about you from your resume.
Check out our full guide on how to review your resume for additional tips.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a banker resume
- Creative problem solving - Recruiters look for bankers who can provide financial solutions to clients and provide tailored solutions to meet their needs.
- Customer service expertise - That includes excellent written and verbal communication. It also means that you know how to build rapport and develop strong relationships with valued customers.
- Computer skills - Specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel). You may also include other banking software that help you complete cash transactions and other day-to-day financial operations.
- Knowledge of operational quality standards - Your resume must highlight your understanding of procedures, policies, government regulations, and security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree - Be sure to write an education section in your resume where you feature relevant degrees such as a BA in banking, finance, or business administration.
PRO TIPIt might be a real challenge to get noticed if your dream job requires more experience than what you have. Most banker resumes have a typical layout that makes all candidates look the same. So, the answer might be in updating your resume and using a creative resume layout.
What phrases to use in my Banker resume skills
- Microsoft Office
- MS Office
Here’s how to include skills for Banker resume
How to use Excel in your Banker resume:
Excellent communicator with strong time-management and customer needs assessment skills
How to use Leadership in your Banker resume:
Filter information, phone calls, and emails to leadership by redirecting or taking on such inquiries as appropriate.
How to use Microsoft Office in your Banker resume:
Organize and maintain high value client portfolios, tax information, and schedules through Microsoft Office and proprietary CRM software powered by Salesforce
How to use Word in your Banker resume:
Assisting members with passwords resets,pensioners payroll,death notifications as well as data change requests
How to use Python in your Banker resume:
Used Scrum ideology to implement equity trading systems including building middleware from SSEOMS to python and mySQL for reporting and clearing. Required multiple development vendors to act as one team.
How to use Project Management in your Banker resume:
Collaborate with institutional clients to facilitate project management
How to use SQL in your Banker resume:
Prepare data in SQL using advanced methodologies for analysis - stored procedures, window functions, views, temp tables.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Banker resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Banker resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections