Professional Advertising Account Executive Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-02-03
Writing an advertising account executive resume that stands out is essential. Recruiters are on the hunt for someone with the right mix of skill and personality.
It’s down to you to highlight the best points on your resume. With these easy tips, we’ll help you advertise yourself as the perfect candidate for your dream job.
Go through our full resume header guide for extra insights.
Here’s how to include experience on Advertising Account Executive resume
Advertising Account ExecutiveThe Des Moines RegisterAdvertising sales for West Des Moines in the Des Moines Register Advertising Account ExecutiveArchantFull-service advertising and marketing agency Advertising Account ExecutiveBrymer Advertising Agencycommunications industry leader that delivers integrated solutions to leading brands; headquartered in NYC
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in an Advertising Account Executive resume:
- Proven experience - Show off the results you’ve achieved in past roles. Did you boost ROI? Close multimillion dollar accounts? Retain clients for years?
- Interpersonal skills - Advertising account executives are client-facing. Recruiters want to know you have the right personality to keep clients happy long-term.
- Project management - Demonstrate how you take the lead on projects, including: briefing creatives, sending status reports, meeting with clients and ensuring everything is on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of advertising channels - To offer personalized suggestions and sell services to clients, you need to have a good knowledge of advertising and marketing methods. Mention the areas you know best in your skills section.
- Sales skills - Many account executive roles involve generating new leads and expanding the client base. You must be able to network, present proposals, and negotiate contracts. Highlight the specifics of your sales experience in your resume.
PRO TIPInstead of using the same resume for every role you apply to, send personalized versions. Look at the responsibilities listed in the job description and use the same keywords they do throughout your resume. Putting the extra effort into your application will show that you truly care about landing the job.
How to feature Advertising Account Executive resume skills
- Market Research
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
How to describe your Advertising Account Executive resume skills
How to use Sales in your Advertising Account Executive resume:
Manage, retains and grows revenue, responsible for sales and the customer relationship ( may include new sales and revenue quota attainment) 1,8M€ invoiced from January to June 2017.
How to use Persistent in your Advertising Account Executive resume:
Expanded customer base by 20% in my first 6 months through persistent outreach and ability to build relationships with key executives.
How to use Negotiating in your Advertising Account Executive resume:
Maintained 94% account retention while simultaneously re-negotiating favorable contracts.
How to use EXCEL in your Advertising Account Executive resume:
Created financial models on Excel for clients looking to start a business and presented it to them in a clear and concise manner through PowerPoint.
How to use Lead Generation in your Advertising Account Executive resume:
Grow internal database through lead generation strategies including sweepstakes, on-site events and digital campaigns
How to use Delta X in your Advertising Account Executive resume:
Analyse campaign performance with tools like Google Analytics, Delta X that help evaluate campaigns and strategies as a key metric for future campaign learnings.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Advertising Account Executive resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Advertising Account Executive resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections